Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at Ł2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for Ł1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for Ł1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iamfrequentlyatflyertalk
The ex AMS and Paris fares seem to have been pulled, Can anyone see any of the sub 1200 prices?
Not pulled, but the price has gone up ~Ł200-300. See new prices here for a few places I checked http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27702329-post69.html
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:35 am

Thanks Karfa.

Dublin seems to have reduced slightly, around 1300 now.

incidently I could not hold flights ex AMS on BA.com last night. Is it only direct flights that you can hold prices?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Calchas
If it is "on hold" in the sense that you have a PNR priced using the fare, and the fare was pulled [rather than expired at the expiry time], it should still be ticketable.

However if the fare was designed to expire, then the PNR will usually be set to expire together with the fare.
Hold was cancelled while I was en route to LHR (albeit for another trip tomorrow so the journey not lost) apparently due to the fare being pulled. They're going to get back to me as to whether it is reclaimable but I doubt it.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
CH-SIN seems to have gone as well. Was planning to book tonight. Oh well.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:53 am

Oh, noooo! I've just returned home to book it...
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by travellingscotsman
Been a lurker and just registered now. If you live even further North you can get back into Edi for Ł1100 (angled lie flat though)
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA board travellingscotsman ^

It's seems your joining post @5056 got a bit lost/squashed in the discussion as many folks are in a frenzy to try and bag a good deal.

Anyhow, thanks for that post, I'm sure it will have been very useful for some folks. The board belongs to everyone so feel free to chip in now that you have gone from lurker to poster! ^
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Been sniffing around looking for best ex eu deal to Hawaii start of Feb..ita and Google flights not coming out with much( advance purchase N/a i suppose)..any ideas..prob 17 days ish..any help appreciated.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by jock
Been sniffing around looking for best ex eu deal to Hawaii start of Feb..ita and Google flights not coming out with much( advance purchase N/a i suppose)..any ideas..prob 17 days ish..any help appreciated.
exEU fares don't usually cover February so I don't think you are going to find much atm. Next travel window now is usually mid March to mid April, the current exDUB advanced purchase I class fare covers

PERMITTED
19MAR THROUGH 12APR OR
25JUN THROUGH 22AUG OR
23NOV THROUGH 30NOV OR
18DEC THROUGH 04JAN
FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
For anyone who's still interested (and a bit slow off the mark like me!) the MH deal LHR-SYD is still available for Ł1505 inc a hostel room on Expedia. It's required some patience, since flight availability on the dates we want has varied a lot - sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't. Similarly the prices have jumped around between Ł1500 and Ł3400, with no obvious pattern. Finally managed to line things up to book tickets for October/November (complicated by needing separate tickets for the two of us - different dates outbound).

Just need to remember not to look at anything in the QR sale now!

Has anyone managed to choose seats on these MH flights online anywhere or do I need to call Expedia or MH?

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by omk298

Has anyone managed to choose seats on these MH flights online anywhere or do I need to call Expedia or MH?

Thanks
In case you are struggling with this (I remember not being able to use the MH site and select a seat before) you used to be able to email them. I did so and asked for a seat reservation when sat in Y (avios booking). Basically have a look what seat you want and ask them to do it by email.

resvns[at]malaysiaairlines.com
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
In case you are struggling with this (I remember not being able to use the MH site and select a seat before) you used to be able to email them. I did so and asked for a seat reservation when sat in Y (avios booking). Basically have a look what seat you want and ask them to do it by email.

resvns[at]malaysiaairlines.com
Thanks, will give that a go. When I try online I get the message that they can't manage this booking online and to call a number in Malaysia. That would be fine, but this is complicated by needing to sit together when we're on two separate bookings.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Thanks, will give that a go. When I try online I get the message that they can't manage this booking online and to call a number in Malaysia. That would be fine, but this is complicated by needing to sit together when we're on two separate bookings.
You can only manage bookings made on the MH website online. If you need seat allocations, simply do as KARFA said. They respond pretty quickly. They probably have a customer service email for the UK as well. They do for NL.

It is not at all complicated to sit together on 2 separate bookings. Seat allocation on MH is free and they have no 'special seats' or anything.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:57 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
As per my post a few days ago, and the info confirmed in the newly created MH Forum, you can either email them (per KARFA's suggestion), or call them on 03303650080 (from the UK).

They're very easy to reach (20 second hold time after you select Option 2, then Option 4) and I've found them to be quite helpful.

M
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Could a good sale on Qatar be on the way: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-festival.page

Looking to get to Thailand for Feb half term......
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Could a good sale on Qatar be on the way: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-festival.page

Looking to get to Thailand for Feb half term......
Yes, a QR sale has been widely touted starting 9 January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.