Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Thanks all.. we just booked it this morning.. managed to get the timing and dates mum wanted on MH's website. Didn't check Expedia this morning although was showing some fares at £2750 and travel up was £2703 or something but I thought they were less likely to stick if we really are winging it and also there are terrible reviews of travelup on line ( no formal ticketing at time of booking and then increasing prices 3 days later) .... plus they didn't show fare bucket and I wondered if could perhaps have booked into the dreaded I class?
Think you did the right thing, I made a Travelup booking last year - received a confirmation email riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. When I came to try to make a change to the ticket they seem to make it as difficult as possible (fully flex fare class) so I just ended up asking Amex to refund me instead. Expedia are pretty good from my experience, though.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any link to dates/fare details for the ebookers fare please cymro? Thanks ^
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by DocS
Any link to dates/fare details for the ebookers fare please cymro? Thanks ^
Simples: just book LHR-BKK with one night hotel added and you will find it. Not sure if this works.

LHR-SIN is £1340 by the way.

LHR-SYD is £1495

LHR-MEL is £1487

Last edited by henkybaby; Jan 1, 2017 at 8:47 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Some
IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE: I believe KUL - BKK is now a dry route under MH's new no alcohol on flights <3 hours policy
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Deleted for silliness, still very tempting.

Last edited by Cymro; Jan 1, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
It appears not only to work but also to offer two weeks in the Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park for £100 on top.
Yeah, I noticed some really good hotel deals as well. On all destinations. Remember though that in my link you only have the hotel for 1 night!

Still... How very, very tempting.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Simples: just book LHR-BKK with one night hotel added and you will find it. Not sure if this works.

LHR-SYD is £1495

LHR-MEL is £1487
These seem excellent exLON fares - does anyone have experience of MH business LH? At this price hard to complain regardless! Thanks henky & cymro
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

These seem excellent exLON fares - does anyone have experience of MH business LH? At this price hard to complain regardless! Thanks henky & cymro
Perfectly fine. Flown them many times. Not as private as BA or reverse herringbone but excellent service and great food.

As this no doubt a flash sale, I will not post it in the other Premium Fare thread just yet. Book it while you can.

SGN is £1330 for instance. You can basically use any MH direct destination from KUL in the destination box.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:59 am

Yes. It's not brilliant - but it's not awful. Proper flat beds with mattress toppers, but not very much privacy in a 2-2-2 layout on the A380. Food is decent, but not outstanding. Very similar to QR's 777 J in terms of the hard product, but without quite as much length in the seat.

MH flounge in London is very small, with a reasonable selection. Not tried the biz lounge there. KL lounges are much larger and more spacious.

It's not earth shattering but it's head and shoulders above BA premium economy at the same price, particularly if the BA timings to Bangkok don't suit.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:00 am

Perfectly fine. Flown them many times. Not as private as BA or reverse herringbone but excellent service and great food.

As this no doubt a flash sale, I will not post it in the other Premium Fare thread just yet. Book it while you can.

SGN is £1330 for instance. You can basically use any MH direct destination from KUL in the destination box.
Appreciate the BA board 'exclusive' period pre-sharing ^

Any easy way to work out which day/week is cheaper -looking at September but wondering if certain days will be sig cheaper vs others? Or just fiddle/play around?!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any easy way to work out which day/week is cheaper -looking at September but wondering if certain days will be sig cheaper vs others? Or just fiddle/play around?!
As I see it, the prices are more or less similar on all dates. Also, for a <£1500 return ex-LHR to Australia, you book the dates you want ASAP and don't really care if you could have shaved off another £50 by leaving Monday.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:04 am

I've tried a few different dates and am not seeing any differences.

Don't forget 5.5% TopCashback too (convert into avios for 6352 based on £1100).
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

MH is a fine product. It is basically the same as CW except for the privacy. Service and food are much better. Compared to QR it's less good maybe.

And this is what you get from KUL to Australia (not all routes)

Miles better than BA...

Last edited by henkybaby; Jan 1, 2017 at 10:12 am Reason: Edited based on earlier edits by someone else.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

LHR-SYD is £1495

LHR-MEL is £1487
Seems too good to be true, £1680 for business class to Sydney and 2 weeks on Four Seasons?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:08 am

This made me laugh...

It is a flat bed seat. It is basically the same as CW except for the privacy. Service and food are much better. Comparing it with WTP is just incredibly silly.
I agree entirely about the silliness of a comparison - on all aspects except price.

Oh and I can't get a decent deal to HKG out of this sale, which is mildly annoying (will have to go ex-Germany).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.