Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Finair from BCN to DEL is currently £1171. BA PE MXP - BOM is £685. If you want a better flight EK is pricing £1283. These all for your dates.
If you need the tier points, starting the finnair flight from agp gets you 140tp in business rather than the 40tp from bcn. Fares are the same or cheaper.

Last edited by tc69; Dec 30, 2016 at 1:26 am
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by tc69
If you need the tier points, starting the finnair flight from sgp gets you 140tp in business rather than the 40tp from bcn. Fares are the same or cheaper.
SGP? Do you mean AGP?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
SGP? Do you mean AGP?
Yes, sorry about that. I have edited the post above now.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
Any interesting J or F fares to SYD out there right now, (ex-EU or ex-UK?) Haven't seen one talked about in awhile.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by FrenchMerican
Any interesting J or F fares to SYD out there right now, (ex-EU or ex-UK?) Haven't seen one talked about in awhile.
c£2k in J on MH ex-LON.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
I am looking at booking a trip ex Dub for Sept and am seeing €3K on CX, €3.4K on QR and €3.5K on EY and EK, BA €4.4K Not sure to book the CX or hold and see if QR offer any decent deals closer to the Dub launch. MH ex LHR is also very tempting.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MBDublin
I am looking at booking a trip ex Dub for Sept and am seeing €3K on CX, €3.4K on QR and €3.5K on EY and EK, BA €4.4K Not sure to book the CX or hold and see if QR offer any decent deals closer to the Dub launch. MH ex LHR is also very tempting.
Are those F or J fares?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
c£2k in J on MH ex-LON.
Great deal. Can't find anything better. ^
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by tc69
If you need the tier points, starting the finnair flight from agp gets you 140tp in business rather than the 40tp from bcn. Fares are the same or cheaper.
]

Probably old hat to any experts on ex EU, but i did call BA to try to understand what was possible on the BA only fare (i.e. MAD - DEL ) at around £1400 and to share information. What I learned that makes it a bit more interesting:

1. You can get a valid connection by travelling on the 777 BA plane the day before, delaying the outbound LHR -DEL a day with no price change.

2.The fare allows stopovers both ways for no fee, and the taxes are unchanged if you put the final leg some way into the future (i haven't tested it rigorously but I pushed it out to November 2017 at the same price)

3. The price is also the same with a number of 80 tier point destinations including TFS for the final leg.

Also noting that Madrid is the right place to be to get the LAN MAD-FRA route and the next weekend from my trip is a bank holiday - I am going to have a play around and see if I can make a mini-tier point run for friday-monday of the weekend after. Thanks to all.

Last edited by Woodbinerich; Dec 30, 2016 at 4:02 am Reason: clarification
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Are those F or J fares?
They are all J fares. Should have also added AY at €3.2K
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have been looking at some options for Japan in Sepetember - having seen the exEU to HKG thread have considered the BUD-LHR-HKG rtn (£1.3k ish - pros include CX A350) as well as the cleverly routed AMS-LHR-HKG/HKG-BKK-KUL-LHR-AMS (£1.4k - pros include BA A380 & 787) - earning 360TPs and 440TPs respectively. QR have ARN-DOH-HKG rtn for more (£1.6k pros 787 both legs) but earning 560TPs.

All of these would require a reward connection in HKG - not too much of a chore given the fact my favourite lounge in the world is based there!

CX are offering AMS-HKG-CTS - which would get us to (albeit far North) Japan and earn 560TPs for £1.6k.

I'm torn and wondering whether to bite the bullet now or wait. Bird in the hand and all...

Any advice (or possible fares I've overlooked) much appreciated ^ TIA
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
]

Probably old hat to any experts on ex EU, but i did call BA to try to understand what was possible on the BA only fare (i.e. MAD - DEL ) at around £1400 and to share information. What I learned that makes it a bit more interesting:

1. You can get a valid connection by travelling on the 777 BA plane the day before, delaying the outbound LHR -DEL a day with no price change.

2.The fare allows stopovers both ways for no fee, and the taxes are unchanged if you put the final leg some way into the future (i haven't tested it rigorously but I pushed it out to November 2017 at the same price)

3. The price is also the same with a number of 80 tier point destinations including TFS for the final leg.

Also noting that Madrid is the right place to be to get the LAN MAD-FRA route and the next weekend from my trip is a bank holiday - I am going to have a play around and see if I can make a mini-tier point run for friday-monday of the weekend after. Thanks to all.
The only thing to add is that this is not a sale fare. In a sale it usually goes down to £1000-£1100, which is pretty good!
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Microsopically useful, but we've just managed to get DUB-OGG in August at just over £3k for 2, Bus/F with AA. Desperately small availability, though, and seemed to change daily/hourly.

Strangely, either AA [on-line] nor BA [Gold Line] could find what we'd found on Matrix, but bookwithmatrix.com managed to fix it for us.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Virazuno
The only thing to add is that this is not a sale fare. In a sale it usually goes down to £1000-£1100, which is pretty good!
Understood, now i need to decide if I play the waiting game for a few weeks or instant gratification (probably followed by irritation at paying too much!),,,,,
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by T8191
Microsopically useful, but we've just managed to get DUB-OGG in August at just over £3k for 2, Bus/F with AA. Desperately small availability, though, and seemed to change daily/hourly.

Strangely, either AA [on-line] nor BA [Gold Line] could find what we'd found on Matrix, but bookwithmatrix.com managed to fix it for us.
could you confirm fare basis and routing?

Looking for roughly these dates for 2 pax also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.