Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at Ł2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for Ł1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for Ł1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Seeking advice myself now.

Might go to Malaysia in March 2017 and would like to fly J on oneworld (preferably QR, BA, CX or AY).

ex-EU, no restrictions (except CAI)

Dates:
24/3+1day - 31/3+1day (for the longhaul portion, to allow time for positioning)

Cheapest (except CAI) I found yet was QR ex VCE for Ł1500 ish.

Any more ideas are most appreciated.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
AMS-BKK but with a stopover in KL for ~Ł1350 in J on BA with a stopover. Discussed in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...world-hkg.html

I am thinking of doing one next August. Would be AMS-LHR-KUL (stay for 3 days) then KUL-BKK-HKG-KHR-AMS (no stopover needed at BKK so I am just doing a same day connection through there to use the fare).
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by KARFA
AMS-BKK but with a stopover in KL for ~Ł1350 in J on BA with a stopover. Discussed in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...world-hkg.html

I am thinking of doing one next August. Would be AMS-LHR-KUL (stay for 3 days) then KUL-BKK-HKG-KHR-AMS (no stopover needed at BKK so I am just doing a same day connection through there to use the fare).
Thanks KARFA! Excactly on my dates!

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...4-01;tt=m;sc=b
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by florens

If you feel like trying something new - you could chuck in the Royal Jordanian into your itinerary on BKK-HKG leg :-) not sure about the service, but they operate it with 787s
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
If you feel like trying something new - you could chuck in the Royal Jordanian into your itinerary on BKK-HKG leg :-) not sure about the service, but they operate it with 787s
Also one of the flights every day on that route is using a CX A350 which would be nice to try.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by megaloman
Arabic coffee and good lunch and wine - what's not to like for 2 hours if you can make it work!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by florens

Has anyone managed to book one of these? I just tried to price it on the Gold line and it was coming out over Ł2000.

BA.com will not allow me to book either.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Has anyone managed to book one of these? I just tried to price it on the Gold line and it was coming out over Ł2000.

BA.com will not allow me to book either.
Was planning to book at some point soon and I don't see it being problematic. Make sure you emphasise it is a AMS-BKK return fare. Should be an INCEU60 fare for outbound and inbound.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Was planning to book at some point soon and I don't see it being problematic. Make sure you emphasise it is a AMS-BKK return fare. Should be an INCEU60 fare for outbound and inbound.
Thanks KARFA, I rang back with those intrusions and managed to get it priced and booked at Ł1405 for August.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Thanks KARFA, I rang back with those intrusions and managed to get it priced and booked at Ł1405 for August.
No problem. Glad you got it done. May be calling up soon to book mine.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:36 am

Would you folks know whether this Kuala Lumpur fare is likely to go down further in price anytime soon? history or experience would be appreciated...

Also....do you know any ex-eu fares (not CAI or Turkey) for Colombo (Sri Lanka in August 2017 and would like to fly J on oneworld I also don't mind a stop over in Maldives...

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hello. Thanks for all comments and info on getting my mum to oz.. I think she's tempted by the MH fares but suspect she'll settle for biz all the way - throwing Ł800 at it to sit in first class for two legs of the journey will probably feel a little wasteful to her...

But my final question would be are any of the other Asian carriers worth looking at as I know absolutely nothing about any of them - or of course is it worth splashing for Singapore Ethiad or emirates and forgetting the avios and tier Points? (Rationale being MH is the 'scary' airline to the layman although we have discussed that of course they have planes flying day in day out without incident) ...

Finally, any idea how long the MH fares will last? Any urgency to book?
Thanks so much.

CF
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by capt787
Also....do you know any ex-eu fares (not CAI or Turkey) for Colombo (Sri Lanka in August 2017 and would like to fly J on oneworld I also don't mind a stop over in Maldives...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...rd-640-tp.html
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:42 am

Would you folks know whether this Kuala Lumpur fare is likely to go down further in price anytime soon? history or experience would be appreciated...

Thank you in advance.
On the AMS-KUL fare (actually AMS-BKK, just creative use of stopovers in reality), I highly doubt it will drop from where it is, based on the weak GBP at present. If you are considering it, I would just book it as you are unlikely to see lower for this particular BA fare.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:46 am

Ha.

Ask and you shall receive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.