Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Oh ok, sorry I wasn't aware that AA and AZ had sales from Cairo too.
AZ to Japan is around £750 via FCO/FCO+MXP, brings you loads of AZ miles (almost Skyteam Gold I think), but that is beyond the remit of this forum.

There is also AA fare filed that allows routing CAI-DOH-LHR-MIA r/t for reasonable £1200
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There is also AA fare filed that allows routing CAI-DOH-LHR-MIA r/t for reasonable £1200
Well, around £900

Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:39 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Smid
I'll asked this before somewhere on this forum, and never got an answer, but I get the impression that CAI is largely a dry airport. Maybe it's from a review I read. Could be the lounge is dry, but the airport isn't, the country isn't is it?
The airport had a small bar when I was there about 10 years ago.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The airport had a small bar when I was there about 10 years ago.
Things might have changed a lot in these last ten eventful years though....

There, found it, From 2014

Claims the airport is dry.

On an aside, I believe DOH has been dry if you don't have lounge access, I'm unsure of whether it is now, could be the move to HIA. Quite a few searches on this subject yesterday didn't bring much up apart from one of their "duty free restaurants" served alcohol, and one of the posh ones too. Not a problem from me with emerald status and going through on QR J, just was wondering what it was like the rest... If I was ever going to risk drinking my duty free, I'd not be doing it in a country which is largely dry...
Old Nov 10, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Smid
Things might have changed a lot in these last ten eventful years though....

There, found it, From 2014

Claims the airport is dry.

On an aside, I believe DOH has been dry if you don't have lounge access, I'm unsure of whether it is now, could be the move to HIA. Quite a few searches on this subject yesterday didn't bring much up apart from one of their "duty free restaurants" served alcohol, and one of the posh ones too. Not a problem from me with emerald status and going through on QR J, just was wondering what it was like the rest... If I was ever going to risk drinking my duty free, I'd not be doing it in a country which is largely dry...
You can get a drink at HIA. In fact the first thing you see when you come down into the atrium from transit screening (aside from that horror-show bear) is the champagne and caviar bar.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
You can get a drink at HIA. In fact the first thing you see when you come down into the atrium from transit screening (aside from that horror-show bear) is the champagne and caviar bar.
Ah that's where it was, a caviar bar. But indeed, champagne isn't everyones first choice, especially when you actually have to pay for it...

So there's at least somewhere which does do it. I can't imagine you'll be getting a choice selection of microbrews in DOH anyway...
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
HIA (DOH) is only dry during Ramadan - that includes all airport and QR Lounges.

M
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I keep seeing this thread at top of page and clicking on expecting to see an exciting new deal - however it's mainly chat concerning turnarounds at CAI and whether you can buy booze

Can the thread stick to amazing Premium Fare finds?!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Originally Posted by Firemin
Any decent ex-EU sale fares to HKG at the moment - looking at departing anytime after Xmas day, returning Thurs/Fri of the second week in Jan?
So... to bring the thread back to my conundrum, I now have the go-ahead from work to book flights (except I haven't raised business class with them yet - plan to negotiate that I will cover the cost over and above economy)...

Looking at ~29 Dec until ~12 Jan, unfortunately some of the AP fares I was tracking ex-Germany have doubled in price... best I can see is the RJ one here at ~£5100, or possibly this itinerary at ~£5500

Or Emirates at £5300, but that has a 7hr layover in DXB on the outbound.

Any other suggestions before I go with RJ....
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
So... to bring the thread back to my conundrum, I now have the go-ahead from work to book flights (except I haven't raised business class with them yet - plan to negotiate that I will cover the cost over and above economy)...

Looking at ~29 Dec until ~12 Jan, unfortunately some of the AP fares I was tracking ex-Germany have doubled in price... best I can see is the RJ one here at ~£5100, or possibly this itinerary at ~£5500

I am just in the middle of your RJ itinerary, but I think you will find it extremely difficult to book it with the CX BKK-HKG leg. I recently posted (in this thread - not sure ?) about the problems booking that particular itinerary, so you may find that you have to book it with RJ all the way through.

I would say that you have got a pretty good fare there for an ex LHR flight without all the hassle of going ex EU. When I looked at my flights, ex CDG was cheaper than ex LHR, and I could also- for some unexplained reason - have much more easily booked the CX legs.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
NBO-WAS

On BA, Business Class $2231 All inclusive. Purchase by 12Nov for outbound travel by 02Jun.
NYC is $2931, YYZ is $3333
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I am just in the middle of your RJ itinerary, but I think you will find it extremely difficult to book it with the CX BKK-HKG leg. I recently posted (in this thread - not sure ?) about the problems booking that particular itinerary, so you may find that you have to book it with RJ all the way through.

I would say that you have got a pretty good fare there for an ex LHR flight without all the hassle of going ex EU. When I looked at my flights, ex CDG was cheaper than ex LHR, and I could also- for some unexplained reason - have much more easily booked the CX legs.
Not overly fussed about getting the CX flight from BKK to HKG, although it would be nice as the whole family would then be silver.

Are the TPs/Avios crediting ok for the RJ flights?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

if you don't mind the ex-EU, Italy-Chengdu can be combined with Chengdu-Spain on BA/CX with 3h stay in Chengdu, 2 weeks in Hong Kong and whatever time you need in London
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ladies and Gents,

I arrive back in SVG on 3rd Jan after my jaunt to the West Coast and Panama.

I could just grab an RFS on the BA back to London but I rather fancy starting another journey from SVG

Any suggestions for TP-efficient trips departing SVG on 3rd Jan ?

Thanks !
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by megaloman
Well, around £900

Can you buy this directly from ITA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.