Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Also, MH's website doesn't appear to want to let me book a B2B. There's only a 70 minute wait between flights, but I guess that's under the MCT, even thought I bet it's the same plane flying back out. Strange that Google Flights shows it, if so.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:10 am

I'm looking to get to India (BOM/MAA) in December in business, outbound around 6-8th and returning around 20-21st. I'm UK based but happy to start ex-EU. Best I have found after searching so far is £1409 Munich-Chennai return 6th-21st December. Does this seem like a reasonable fare for QR business? I've not flown with them before, I know they have fairly regular sales so not sure if I should hang on for a cheaper fare (and appreciating I will be returning the week before Christmas!)

Their cheapest fares for these dates all seem to be ex-Germany, changing to any other country of departure seems to push the fare up quite a bit.

Also is it correct DOH-MAA earns 140 BA tier points, but DOH-BOM only earns 40?! I'm actually hoping to travel into BOM and out of MAA, but if the tier points calculator is correct I will probably just book a QR return Munich-MAA and grab an internal JET flight from MAA-BOM (£40 single) as this would retain my BA silver in one trip!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Could well be correct, the cutoff is 2000 miles and a couple of places in India are right under the cutoff.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
Forgive my naivety on this folks, but I've stumbled upon some return J fares to Marrakesh from Gatwick - looks to be availability every month - for £222 return, and you can use 35,000 avios if you want to reduce the price by £200! That's £22 return for 160 points to.

Not sure if £222 is a standard fare for this but it seemed relatively low to me?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I'd imagine demand is low due to perceived security concerns?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
Originally Posted by ENTP
I'd imagine demand is low due to perceived security concerns?
Just do a back to back
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Nikko5
I'm looking to get to India (BOM/MAA) in December in business, outbound around 6-8th and returning around 20-21st. I'm UK based but happy to start ex-EU. Best I have found after searching so far is £1409 Munich-Chennai return 6th-21st December. Does this seem like a reasonable fare for QR business? I've not flown with them before, I know they have fairly regular sales so not sure if I should hang on for a cheaper fare (and appreciating I will be returning the week before Christmas!)
Going for the cricket? We're looking at just going for the Mumbai test but most people I've spoken to say that the BCCI are liable to change the dates/venues so they don't advise booking anything until nearer the time.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by thepinkponce
Forgive my naivety on this folks, but I've stumbled upon some return J fares to Marrakesh from Gatwick - looks to be availability every month - for £222 return, and you can use 35,000 avios if you want to reduce the price by £200! That's £22 return for 160 points to.

Not sure if £222 is a standard fare for this but it seemed relatively low to me?
I don't think you can use the 'part pay avios' offer to pay for taxes and fees so I don't think you can reduce the overall fare so as low as that?

unless you managed to - am reading your post as a 'theoretic' one.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Cheapest I can see is £293 return, are there any sample dates for £222? Can't see anything as low as that into next year. You are indeed offered part pay with Avios for the £200 discount at that price.

I'm with chris1979 on the taxes which are £73-ish, the lowest you will get this to is £93-odd at the 293 price point after the discount.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by obduro
Cheapest I can see is £293 return.
Yep - that's the best I found, too.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I have a day free on Wednesday in BKK.

Nothing to do and contemplating earning some TPs if possible.

Any bright ideas of a day-trip I can do? I need to be back in BKK by Wednesday late night/Thursday very early morning.

Thanks in advance!

M
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Have your travel patterns changed? Since when do you need TPs? No more bi-weekly F class trips to BKK anymore?

Does this help: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...s-462-a-4.html
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Any bright ideas of a day-trip I can do? I need to be back in BKK by Wednesday late night/Thursday very early morning.

Thanks in advance!

M
I thought you were over 10,000 TPs this Membership Year - you've earned all that you can once you've reached 9,000
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others

Any bright ideas of a day-trip I can do?
MH to KUL or SIN?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I thought you were over 10,000 TPs this Membership Year - you've earned all that you can once you've reached 9,000
Ended the year on 11,540 on 8th July - happy to post a screenshot if you'd like. I took a before and after, conscious that I'll unlikely reach 5 figures in a year ever again!

Henkybaby - Tomorrow is a Buddhist holiday in BKK, so my meetings have all been cancelled rather last minute.

It is too stormy to suntan, the bars are all closed, and I can only spend a certain amount of time in the gym or shopping! Literally not much to do of interest to me...hence I figure I'll do what I enjoy - flying.

The PEK deal is difficult due to Visa issues (according to the thread).

SIN via KUL, as suggested by PtF is the best I've been able to find myself, but at £450 return it's not cheap...especially for 160Tps return.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jul 19, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.