Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 30, 17, 4:30 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Wiki Link
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...7-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 30, 16, 9:39 am

Well my booking still seems to be in play - so hopefully that means it's safe. Time to book my positioning flights and hotel ^
Old Jun 30, 16, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
Well my booking still seems to be in play - so hopefully that means it's safe. Time to book my positioning flights and hotel ^
Already done. My feeeewing never lets me down.
Old Jun 30, 16, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
My tickets have finally been charged to my Amex card. So, off to BCN for the weekend. Will then do LGW - SJO - LGW in March and then the final part to Seville at the end of April. Great fare and thanks to the person who found it and posted it.
Old Jun 30, 16, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, Coutts Silk
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
Already done. My feeeewing never lets me down.
Originally Posted by heb999 View Post
My tickets have finally been charged to my Amex card. So, off to BCN for the weekend. Will then do LGW - SJO - LGW in March and then the final part to Seville at the end of April. Great fare and thanks to the person who found it and posted it.
Fantastic news, although I would be cautious about everything with BA and these types of special deals nowadays I think if they were going to cancel you should have heard something by now! ^ Indeed there are some interesting implications for those who like to speculate about how BA might treat CW versus F v.v. viking, donjuan and bratwurst, tequila. Probably deserves its own thread TBH so as not to clutter the premium fare deals but I will leave that to one of the lucky ones [email protected]:-)

Anyhoo, I'll be in the BCN lounge on Sunday morning (sadly not on this fare ) if anyone is around and wants to have a quick Sangria....
Old Jun 30, 16, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by crazy8534 View Post
Fantastic news, although I would be cautious about everything with BA and these types of special deals nowadays I think if they were going to cancel you should have heard something by now! ^ Indeed there are some interesting implications for those who like to speculate about how BA might treat CW versus F v.v. viking, donjuan and bratwurst, tequila. Probably deserves its own thread TBH so as not to clutter the premium fare deals but I will leave that to one of the lucky ones [email protected]:-)

Anyhoo, I'll be in the BCN lounge on Sunday morning (sadly not on this fare ) if anyone is around and wants to have a quick Sangria....
I called up to UuA to F, no issues, no extra taxes etc. Ticket re-issued within minutes. Got my positioning flights sorted... quite excited about my first ever pure TP run! Shall we set up a separate thread?
Old Jul 2, 16, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
BA matching the current LX F sale fare LON-SEA.

£1880 F class

PERMITTED 01JUL 16 THROUGH 31AUG 16 OR 22NOV 16 THROUGH
29NOV 16 OR 19MAR 17 THROUGH 03APR 17 ON THE OUTBOUND
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

As usual, allows 2 connections on AA in the US if you want to bump the TPs. And of course remember AA now run their own metal LAX-SEA which helps.
Old Jul 3, 16, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
BA matching the current LX F sale fare LON-SEA...
Pernickety, i know - but hasn't BA been offering this for some time?
Old Jul 3, 16, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
BA matching the current LX F sale fare LON-SEA.

£1880 F class

PERMITTED 01JUL 16 THROUGH 31AUG 16 OR 22NOV 16 THROUGH
29NOV 16 OR 19MAR 17 THROUGH 03APR 17 ON THE OUTBOUND
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

As usual, allows 2 connections on AA in the US if you want to bump the TPs. And of course remember AA now run their own metal LAX-SEA which helps.
Pernickety, i know - but hasn't BA been offering this for some time?
Correct: The BA fare was filed on 15 June. The lowest LX fare that I can see (which has a different base fare number, but presumably it all comes out in the wash when you add in the TFC) was filed on 19 June.

So it seems more likely that LX was matching the BA fare, not the other way around.

It's worth noting that there is one more validity window for these fares, although it's filed in a different fare at the same level:-
PERMITTED 18DEC16 THROUGH 02JAN17 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Jul 3, 16, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Apologies everyone, I didn't realise. I'll not bother next time.
Old Jul 3, 16, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Please do bother! Sometimes it is a very good idea to remind the rest of us that these good fares are out there, even if it means double posting them! I rather have someone post a good fare in error than not post a good fare in fear of being 'policed'.

Besides, I think the reactions just reminded everyone it was an existing fare to ensure everyone that it is a solid fare and no need to worry it being withdrawn as well as to provide some additional background information. Not to correct or police you.

I for one appreciate any contribution! ^

Since I have transformed into a reader more than a contributor I have already booked two fares people published here. I love it as well as the meticulously maintained TP Run thread by KARFA. One of the best FF resources out there!

Last edited by henkybaby; Jul 3, 16 at 5:04 am
Old Jul 3, 16, 5:06 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Are these fares for jus UK? I priced from GOT to IAD and the price was bit more from my home airport (GOT).
Old Jul 3, 16, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Please do post! I didn't know about this fare! Now I am considering to treat myself to a Seattle trip for my birthday next year...

For just £1909 I would earn 900 TPs, experience F on 747 two times and try out the transcon in First too

Last edited by megaloman; Jul 3, 16 at 6:17 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 3, 16, 7:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
Please do post! I didn't know about this fare! Now I am considering to treat myself to a Seattle trip for my birthday next year...

For just £1909 I would earn 900 TPs, experience F on 747 two times and try out the transcon in First too
I did the SEA-JFK in F last month and would never want to do that again. Imagine 6 hours in recliner
You can route back via SEA-LAX-MIA-LHR with MIA-LHR on A380 in F for almost the same price, just sayin'
Old Jul 3, 16, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
Please do post! I didn't know about this fare!
I think that the problem here arises because this is not really the thread for these fares. The wiki itself says:-
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
There are at least two other threads for information about published BA sales: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-ba-sale.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...les-ex-uk.html - and ISTR that the current (heavily marketed) sale has been at least briefly discussed in those threads, as one would expect.

In contrast, this thread is more (but not exclusively) about non-BA fare opportunities. That may be why anyone who follows this thread but not the others may miss out on BA news.

I'm not sure how we could deal better with this problem; it's inherent whenever there are several threads running on the same broad topic at the same time. I can't even complain that any of these threads should never have been a separate thread!
Old Jul 3, 16, 7:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
I think that the problem here arises because this is not really the thread for these fares. The wiki itself says:-There are at least two other threads for information about published BA sales: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-ba-sale.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...les-ex-uk.html - and ISTR that the current (heavily marketed) sale has been at least briefly discussed in those threads, as one would expect.

In contrast, this thread is more (but not exclusively) about non-BA fare opportunities. That may be why anyone who follows this thread but not the others may miss out on BA news.

I'm not sure how we could deal better with this problem; it's inherent whenever there are several threads running on the same broad topic at the same time. I can't even complain that any of these threads should never have been a separate thread!
Just to add to that for those interested in cheaper fares, whether TP optimised or not, it is certainly recommend that you subscribe to this thread, the two mentioned by Globaliser, and the TP run thread. There is sometimes overlap between all these but between them all you shouldn't miss anything. I think one thread that dealt with all would quickly become unmanageable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: