Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at Ł2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for Ł1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for Ł1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
The AMS-NYC fares seem to have been pulled.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:27 pm
JB7

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Doesn't a stop in excess of 24hrs in the UK trigger the addition of UK APD which is pretty hefty ?
Yes, a stopover would trigger additional UK tax. However it wouldn't be even approaching EUR850 on that ticket, and so wouldn't be the main driver of the fare increase in this instance.
Which still leaves me puzzled.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Hi all I am going to update the wiki.
Old May 21, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
The AMS-NYC fares seem to have been pulled.
And in it's place, FCO-NYC has popped up for around Ł1050ish (AY codes on the long-hauls).

Fare rules are a bit confusing though, as they contain both of the following:

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 18MAY 16 AND ON/BEFORE
08JUN 16.
Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 23MAY 16.
EDIT:

So, the fare rules also say this...

Category 35: Negotiated Fares
SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS
...and I can't find the 'specific agent'. However, available through various OTAs for around Ł1130-Ł1150.

Last edited by Virazuno; May 21, 2016 at 5:22 am
Old May 21, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JB7
I'm wondering if someone who is good at deciphering the fare rules would be kind enough to help with the following.....

I'm looking to book DUB-LHR-MIA-MVD return. The fare is AA INE6A6R5 both ways and as far as I can tell from reading the fare rules this allows 1 free stopover at the 'European Gateway', which I'm understanding as being LHR in this case.
However if I chose dates that give me >24hrs in London on the outbound the fare changes to AA INE8A6R5 and the price goes up ~EUR850.

I have no other stopovers on the itinerary in either direction and, as far as I can tell, I don't fall foul of any other fare conditions regarding length of stay etc. All legs are booking into I class so I don't think it's an availability issue either.

What I'm wondering is if my understand of the fare rules is correct that a stopover in London should be possible for free here? And if so is this something that I would likely be able to book by ringing up: would the agent be able to specify the correct fare where AA.com doesn't?

Thanks for any insight anyone is able to provide.
Originally Posted by JB7
Yes, a stopover would trigger additional UK tax. However it wouldn't be even approaching EUR850 on that ticket, and so wouldn't be the main driver of the fare increase in this instance.
Which still leaves me puzzled.
When you include a stopover you are invoking a HIP check on your price ("Higher Intermediate Point") at the stopover point.

Your fare for the DUB-MVD component (768 EUR) is compared to the cheapest applicable I fares for LHR-MVD (1487 EUR) and DUB-LHR. It is cheaper than LHR-MVD, so it isn't allowed. (Prices there are half-round trip.)

However, the fare can be used if the price is manually brought up to the LHR-MVD level (1487).

But if we are going to do that, and all the fares under 1487 will essentially be raised to that price, we may as well use the most flexible of the DUB-MVD I fares, which is the INE8A6R5 fare.

The remainder of the difference is the UK APD.

Matrix has omitted the following information from its rule dump:
Code:
HIP/MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS	
   NO HIP OR MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS APPLY.
The HIP rule applies unless the fare says otherwise. It doesn't say otherwise so the HIP check must be done, and your cheap fare fails the check.

BA does not worry about HIP checks, their fares instruct the pricer to ignore the HIP check. But AA still does.

Edit: Lufthansa gives a more complete description of how to apply HIP checks in this handy PDF: media_686062.pdf See pages 47 to 53.

Last edited by Calchas; May 21, 2016 at 8:01 am
Old May 22, 2016, 1:15 am

Need some help. Im pricing a DUB-LAS-BRU on ITA and getting a Ł1235 with American Airlines, but when i go in to do the multi city option in AA.co.uk its trying to send me via madrid on either of the 2 DUB-LHR or LHR-BRU legs. It wont let me simply price the legs as shown on ITA. I have noticed that this straddles 2 sale fares, ILN8S4E1 and ILN2S4E1 so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

PS - I have been using the sort by schedule option so not that.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
dolfinco, I don't know how technically adept you are, but if you're using the Chrome web browser, you can get ITA to give you a booking link direct to AA's site. You'll need to use Chrome's developer tools and a third party script called ITA Power Tools to do it, but here's how:

1) Go to this url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/St...pt_minified.js
2) Copy all of the code on that page to the clipboard.
3) In Chrome, get the results page you want to book open on ITA Matrix.
3) Hit Ctrl+Shift+J on your keyboard (or Cmd+Opt+J on a Mac) to open the developer console.
4) Paste the code into the box that appears at the bottom of the screen. Press enter.
5) Links should now have appeared to the right of the 'How to buy this ticket' part of the page. Click the one you want - probably American (Europe/Asia/Pacific).
6) Double check all of the flights in the American Airlines tab that opens up to ensure that they match what you wanted.

Enjoy!

PS - If, in future, anyone tells you to copy-paste stuff into the developer console on a banking site or a social network: do not.
Attached Images  

Last edited by armouredant; May 22, 2016 at 2:05 am
Old May 22, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
dolfinco, I don't know how technically adept you are, but if you're using the Chrome web browser, you can get ITA to give you a booking link direct to AA's site. You'll need to use Chrome's developer tools and a third party script called ITA Power Tools to do it, but here's how:

3) Hit Ctrl+Shift+J on your keyboard (or Cmd+Opt+J on a Mac) to open the developer console.
4) Paste the code into the box that appears at the bottom of the screen. Press enter.
5) Links should now have appeared to the right of the 'How to buy this ticket' part of the page. Click the one you want - probably American (Europe/Asia/Pacific).
6) Double check all of the flights in the American Airlines tab that opens up to ensure that they match what you wanted.

Enjoy!

PS - In, future, anyone tells you to copy-paste stuff into the developer console on a banking site or a social network: do not.
Nice Job :-)
Old May 22, 2016, 1:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Which can be tricky on some devices and tablets, but if you click the Navigation Icon (the small 3 horizontal bar icon on top right or top left) it's typically More Tools then Developer Tools. On AA.com, watch the booking class, that doesn't always carry over correctly even if you use "/f BC=" on ITA Matrix

PS - In, future, anyone tells you to copy-paste stuff into the developer console on a banking site or a social network: do not.
Yes. Handle with care and close down any other windows or frames currently open to these sorts of sites, email, BAEC or anywhere else password protected.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
dolfinco, I don't know how technically adept you are, but if you're using the Chrome web browser, you can get ITA to give you a booking link direct to AA's site. ....
That looks like an interesting tool. Is there a similar tool for BA?
Old May 22, 2016, 2:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Unfortunately not. AA.com does book on BA flights (rarely cost effectively on a standalone basis) and there are the OTAs too.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:05 am

Cheers CWS, that's a pity. I'll have to continue doing it the old-fashioned way

I'll try the AA one for fun and see how it goes.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Power Tools does provide a booking link to BA's site, but I've yet to see it successfully populate an itinerary :-/
Old May 22, 2016, 2:28 am

Enjoy!

PS - If, in future, anyone tells you to copy-paste stuff into the developer console on a banking site or a social network: do not.
That is quite amazing ^

I tried to follow how to use this script from the actual FT thread, but its so complicated for a thicko like me. Your walkthough should be used as the only method to follow. Thank you.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:34 am

It is actually a pretty good tool, not sure I'll find much use of it. My AA itineraries are usually straightforward ones, my BA ones can be complicated if I'm trying to fit in multiple countries and cities in to a single journey. I quite like the idea of BA being in control of my ticket ... just in case!

A great tool though which I'm sure many here will find very useful, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; May 22, 2016 at 2:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.