Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking trips with AA components a year out.

Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond

Today I can book BA flights on BA.com out to 23 August next year. I can book AA flights on www.americanairlines.co.uk until 31 July next year.

I assume that there is no way of booking a trip that contains an AA flight through BA to return on 23 August next year? I wanted to take advantage of the current ex-CPH fares, but do want to travel towards the end of August rather than the end of July.

I suppose that there will be another ex-EU sale (or several!) between now and next summer, but it would be nice to get the flights "in the bag" so that we can plan the other parts of the trip.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.....
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
AA releases availability 330 days out I believe, until then you won't be able to purchase AA operated flights.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Correct on the system ranges. BA (in Amadeus) goes up to 355 out. AA (in Sabre) goes up to 330.

You should be able to call in and make the booking over the phone, letting them know your intended return date is out of system range.

See these similar threads too:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...eyond-eos.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-possible.html
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the links. I'm trying CPH - LHR - JFK - (via PHX to) - SFO - LHR - CPH, but of course the JFK - PHX - SFO isn't available at the moment, and the CPH sale ends in a few days. It's available for the month before I want for 1,475 in I / P.

However, having looked at the open Jaw CPH - LHR - JFK (...) SFO - LHR - CPH in J (I class) it costs 1,073 and the JFK - PHX - SFO in F (P class) for next June it's 441 - a total of 1,514.

Maybe for the extra 39 per person I should book the BA flights now and the AA flights later, or alternatively leave the whole thing to later in the year when another sale will, no doubt, come along.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.