Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA and TAM announce codeshare agreement - Business Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Good news. Could it be the start of a Joint-Business/Venture for Latin America, particularly as Iberia are aiming for - potentially Latam as a Oneworld partner.

Link: http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/1012009/ba-and-tam-announce-codeshare-agreement

Oneworld partners British Airways and TAM Airlines will begin a codeshare agreement next month.

The agreement covers flights between London Heathrow and Sao Paulo "and beyond".

BA's code will be added to TAM's London Heathrow-Sao Paulo service, allowing the UK carrier's passengers to book seats on TAM's daily flight.

TAM passengers will be able to book onward connections on BA domestic routes with a single booking.

Members of BA's Executive Club and TAM's Fidelidade will be able to earn points and redeem tickets when flying on the partner airline.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I thought LAN and TAM were part of the same group?

Have a forthcoming trip in BA F to Sao Paulo - hope this doesn't mean there's a risk of being bumped onto TAM metal?! (I've flown with TAM before in C and while comfortable, the service left quite a lot to be desired!)
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
LA and JJ have merged to form LATAM Airline group - it's the equivalent of IAG in S. America. Both LA and JJ are already in oneworld.

This isn't about BA withdrawing from GRU, they're not. The codeshare on JJ just adds a frequency under the BA code - it's another option if you want to book it. You'd only be bumped to the JJ flight if irregular operations affected the BA247 rotation on the day of travel, and you wouldn't have to accept it if you didn't want it.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by so3003
I thought LAN and TAM were part of the same group?

Have a forthcoming trip in BA F to Sao Paulo - hope this doesn't mean there's a risk of being bumped onto TAM metal?! (I've flown with TAM before in C and while comfortable, the service left quite a lot to be desired!)
Funnily enough, I'm flying in F on the 247 to GRU tonight, so I'll warm the seat up for you

As mentioned above, this JV is unlikely to affect the chances of you being bumped onto another carrier in normal operations, but it does give additional options in the event of a problem. Relax and look forward to chilled LPGS at 35,000ft
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Relax and look forward to chilled LPGS at 35,000ft
Hahaha - correct interpretation of the reasons for my concern!!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flying to GRU next June, then plan to connect onto SCL. If I book a flight out about 2hrs after arrival of BA247 what would happen if it was late?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
It'd be the same as any other involuntary mis-connection - you'd be rebooked on the the next available GRU-SCL at no charge.

Assuming you're having the ticket issued as LHR-GRU-SCL that is, and not two separate tkts. If separate, you'd have to appeal to BA/LA/JJ locally to see what they would do.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by so3003
(I've flown with TAM before in C and while comfortable, the service left quite a lot to be desired!)
Flown TAM quite a few times over the years both long haul and short haul and thought the service from the predominantly young cabin crew was always very good. Maybe they've had to reduce crewing levels to cut costs?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
It'd be the same as any other involuntary mis-connection - you'd be rebooked on the the next available GRU-SCL at no charge.

Assuming you're having the ticket issued as LHR-GRU-SCL that is, and not two separate tkts. If separate, you'd have to appeal to BA/LA/JJ locally to see what they would do.
Separate tickets as using 2-4-1 to GRU ..?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:16 am

Then you'll be at the mercy of BA/LA/JJ in GRU should things go pearshaped. They may rebook you no questions asked, or they may stick to the rules that separate tickets have no influence on each other and you'd be out of luck.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:28 am
Ziz

Does this mean that TAM flights will count as eligible flights for status purposes? My partner has a work trip booked through a corporate TA to/from Brazil on TAM. He'll earn 300 TPs but we're not sure whether the flights will count as 'eligible flights' for him to get Bronze.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ziz
Does this mean that TAM flights will count as eligible flights for status purposes?
Only if booked on the BA flight number. A TAM flight number on a TAM operated flight will not count for one of the two "eligible flights" needed.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know what range BA will use for this?

BA 3320 to 3329 has been reserved for JJ for sometime but that doesn't leave much scope for expansion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.