American Airlines Booking

Old Sep 2, 15, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
American Airlines Booking

Quick question about my booking!

If I booked a ticket through the work travel agent with American Airlines, should this show up in my BA Manage My Booking? (It's not there but I can log in and select seats using record locator using AA website)

I'm BA Gold and its letting me select Main Cabin Extra seats in Economy for Free - is this this right for a BA Gold?

My TP collection year ends 8th Oct and I'm flying 24th Oct and back 13th Nov. Exec Club says my Gold card expiry date is 30th Nov. As I won't have enough TPS to retain gold, will I effectively be Silver when I take this flight, or still be Gold (per card expiry date)?

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 15, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
whichever way it will work out, silver also gets MCE for free so you don't need to worry. I'm silver and have recently done that very thing.
Old Sep 2, 15, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I've booked a tp-run on aa.com, it shows two different bookings on my BA EC account - one for BA flight with AA code, other for BA flight with BA code. Pretty weird.

When you click "select seats" on AA website for BA flights, it will take you to the ba.com, copy the booking code displayed on the top of the page in title - then add it to your BAEC account. Worked for me.
Old Sep 2, 15, 4:43 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
I've booked a tp-run on aa.com, it shows two different bookings on my BA EC account - one for BA flight with AA code, other for BA flight with BA code. Pretty weird.

When you click "select seats" on AA website for BA flights, it will take you to the ba.com, copy the booking code displayed on the top of the page in title - then add it to your BAEC account. Worked for me.
Perfectly normal. Your master booking reference is the AA issued Sabre record locator. Depending on the airlines/codeshares of your booking, you may have one or more ghost PNR's for airlines that use Amadeus which need to be used for seat selection etc.
Old Sep 2, 15, 4:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If your booking has no BA flights then it won't show up on BA.com.

AA operates on Sabre hence if you have some AA and some BA flights you get an AA PNR and a BA PNR.

If your booking is wholly AA flight you just get an AA PNR and you don't get any Amadeus PNR so you can't view your booking on the BA website.
Old Sep 2, 15, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Ok great, thanks for the replies - didn't know Silver got access to MCE on AA which is great!
Old Sep 2, 15, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
Just to add something to what KARFA said and that is that if you book AVIOS redemption flights on AA via BA then you will see them in MMB. For example, I have LAS - PHX and PHX - FAT showing in MMB with both a SABRE and AMADEUS PNR. However, if you book flights on aa.com and you are solely on AA metal then they will not show up in MMB.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: