Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling classes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Selling classes

Just wondering, I just booked my tickets which was an off peak UUA. I am upgrading from WTP to CW. The selling classes for the domestic leg used to be J but when I clicked on it, it says Y. The CW redemption is sold as T which I read somewhere that it is a discounted WTP fare ?

I am assuming that Y tickets do not get lounge access?

Also, if off peak redemption is 66k avios (used to be 30k), what would a peak redemption cost ??

Finally, I am a bronze member and I used to be able to reserve my seats 7 days in advance but for some reason, I can only reserve my seats 24 hours in advance? Is there something wrong or did they remove the perk ?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Both J and Y booking classes get lounge access I believe for a domestic flight.

If you are UuA'ing to CW as well ou should have lounge access before your domestic flights by virtue of connecting on to or from a CW flight anyway.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
If I remember correctly, l was able to select seats 7 days in advance, it sort of 'clicked over' from the 'select your seat for free 24 hours in advance' at the 7 day mark.

Checking the website, it states that the bronze seat selection benefit is still 7 days.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:22 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Just wondering, I just booked my tickets which was an off peak UUA. I am upgrading from WTP to CW. The selling classes for the domestic leg used to be J but when I clicked on it, it says Y. The CW redemption is sold as T which I read somewhere that it is a discounted WTP fare ?

I am assuming that Y tickets do not get lounge access?

Also, if off peak redemption is 66k avios (used to be 30k), what would a peak redemption cost ??

Finally, I am a bronze member and I used to be able to reserve my seats 7 days in advance but for some reason, I can only reserve my seats 24 hours in advance? Is there something wrong or did they remove the perk ?
A UuA from WTP to CW would be an underlying WTP fare (either T, E or W) booked in to U (CW redemption fare bucket). You would earn as per the underlying WTP fare bucket.

Domestic Y provides lounge access, and if you are connecting to/from CW you would have lounge access.

For peak/offpeak award charts see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html

You are probably referring to the OLCI timer which counts down to 24hrs before the flight.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

So if I am booked in Y, does that mean I should be able to change my flight times without penalties? I am asking this because when i booked and UUA, the only options I was given for my domestic from GLA to LHR was the 10AM flight... my connection to HKG is not until 1820. The other option I had was the flight arriving at 1650 but I was not allowed to choose that. I was looking to change it to the 1PM flight if possible.

Also, if I wasn't allowed lounge access with domestic Y, when I land at LHR from HKG, can I just show my CW boarding pass (which is obviously used) to gain access to the lounge ?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:14 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, just because your domestic is booked in Y does not mean it is fully flexible. Your underlying fare rules apply, which is your WTP fare.

Both a Y domestic and CW-domestic provide lounge access so you can access using two rules.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
In answer to your second question, yes. However Y fare bucket entitles you to lounge access anyway.

The first part I am not to sure about, but I would think not. I was once told that the fare is bound by the overall LH selling class, which of you say it was T, has hefty change fees. your best bet will be to read the new fare rules you should have been issued with after you upgraded
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:59 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
The first part I am not to sure about, but I would think not. I was once told that the fare is bound by the overall LH selling class, which of you say it was T, has hefty change fees. your best bet will be to read the new fare rules you should have been issued with after you upgraded
The underlying fare rules apply, there are no new fare rules issued when you UuA either.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:09 pm

I don't mean to hijack this thread... but When I've previously booked a WTP ticket with a connecting flight... the European flight portion booked into "Y" fare bucket...allowing me to UUA... on my most recent new booking last week, the Euro portion has booked into "K"..... does anyone know when/why this was changed?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by nux
The underlying fare rules apply, there are no new fare rules issued when you UuA either.
Ah ok, thanks for that; every day is a school day. Just quickly OT, but would that also apply to an AUP or POUG?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ant1029
I don't mean to hijack this thread... but When I've previously booked a WTP ticket with a connecting flight... the European flight portion booked into "Y" fare bucket...allowing me to UUA... on my most recent new booking last week, the Euro portion has booked into "K"..... does anyone know when/why this was changed?
I noticed this too, and seemed to be from a few months back. Certainly before Easter time, most WTP euro sectors that I had looked at seemed to book into either Y or H.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Originally Posted by ant1029
... on my most recent new booking last week, the Euro portion has booked into "K"..... does anyone know when/why this was changed?
I noticed this too, and seemed to be from a few months back. Certainly before Easter time, most WTP euro sectors that I had looked at seemed to book into either Y or H.
The change was something like 12-18 months ago, IIRC. It was more than 12 months ago, at any rate - have just checked this on EF.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The change was something like 12-18 months ago, IIRC. It was more than 12 months ago, at any rate - have just checked this on EF.
Domestic sectors still seem to book into J for me when connecting to WTP long haul (usually T or E; and on nice but rare occasions UUA into U). Datapoints within the last month or so.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by manord
Domestic sectors still seem to book into J for me when connecting to WTP long haul (usually T or E; and on nice but rare occasions UUA into U). Datapoints within the last month or so.
It's the ones from mainland Europe that have changed.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I have a LHR-DUB sector that booked into Y for a T class WTP rtn sector that is being travelled next month back from the USA. It was booked on 26th Dec 14. I seem to recall being told at some point the destination had something to do with the euro sector fare bucket too.

Since then, I have never seen anything other than K as a WTP euro feeder to/from any destination/origin.

EDIT: I meant euro sector fare bucket, not domestic.....oops.

Last edited by TyneTraveller; Sep 2, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.