Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled Avios + money booking. Will i see those money and points again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue

I booked a round trip HKG-PVG on CX and KA using 12000 avios and 707NOK (halv of that were taxes and fees).

I found out that the trip would be too stressfull so i cancelled the night before.

BA said that they will process my refund and notify me when done, this was a week and half ago now, but i guess these things take time..

My question is as the topic says: Will i see those points and/or money again or should i just forget the whole thing? It's not that much money, and they were already spent.

The ticket says "Restricted refund" but does not say what it's restricted to.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by mckvakk
I booked a round trip HKG-PVG on CX and KA using 12000 avios and 707NOK (halv of that were taxes and fees).

I found out that the trip would be too stressfull so i cancelled the night before.

BA said that they will process my refund and notify me when done, this was a week and half ago now, but i guess these things take time..

My question is as the topic says: Will i see those points and/or money again or should i just forget the whole thing? It's not that much money, and they were already spent.

The ticket says "Restricted refund" but does not say what it's restricted to.
24 hours before is the cut-off
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
24 hours before is the cut-off
I had a feeling it was something like that. Oh well, good to know.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by mckvakk
I had a feeling it was something like that. Oh well, good to know.
You wont get the points back but you will get the money back providing it isn't less than the fees.Sorry I cant remember what nok converts to!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by Anonba
Sorry I cant remember what nok converts to!
The only thing I know is that 5000NOK = J fare to the US on BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.