Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fumes on the aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Very simple - opening windows.
Does that mean the person in the window seat will be in charge of the window as well as the blinds?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
Originally Posted by simonrp84
Unfortunately most of this discussion has been, to put it charitably, uninformed.
Many of my colleagues are involved with researching these fume events and so far there's no evidence that they're anything like as serious as many of the more alarmist (and loudest-talking) people would have us all believe.
That's not to say that serious events can't occur, just that caution needs to be applied when reading the discussion about general fume events.

(edit) The current discussion, in my mind, is fairly similar to the MMR/autism discussion a few years ago: There's a similar gap between the amount of actual data we have and the amount of hot air that is being generated.

Which part is uninformed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.