Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So the BA GGL team just came back to me about my question below:

Good afternoon,
I will be flying to LHR from SIN soon. I just qualified for CCR access however I’m not sure I will get my CCR Card posted to my address in Singapore in time for that flight. How do I access the CC Bar in Singapore without having a card?

To my surprise their answer was this:

Dear Mr XX

Thank you for your email.

The Concorde Room card only gains you access to the Concorde lounges in New York and London Heathrow. This therefore means the only way to access the CC Bar in Singapore would be if travelling in First class.

Has something changed recently or are they just missing the point completely?

Thanks for letting me know.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by 81romeo
So the BA GGL team just came back to me about my question below:

Good afternoon,
I will be flying to LHR from SIN soon. I just qualified for CCR access however I’m not sure I will get my CCR Card posted to my address in Singapore in time for that flight. How do I access the CC Bar in Singapore without having a card?

To my surprise their answer was this:

Dear Mr XX

Thank you for your email.

The Concorde Room card only gains you access to the Concorde lounges in New York and London Heathrow. This therefore means the only way to access the CC Bar in Singapore would be if travelling in First class.

Has something changed recently or are they just missing the point completely?

I've just shown my CCR Card and got access no problem. Same in Dubai
Old May 9, 2018, 2:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
... Has something changed recently or are they just missing the point completely?

Nothing has changed, officially the CCR Card allows access to the CCRs at LHR & JFK only. A courtesy has been extended at DXB and SIN to allow access to the CCBs. There was a time when access was permitted to the CCDR at IAD but that concession was (apparently) offered in error. No access is permitted to the CCDRs or First Dining unless travelling in BA First.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:46 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Nothing has changed, officially the CCR Card allows access to the CCRs at LHR & JFK only. A courtesy has been extended at DXB and SIN to allow access to the CCBs. There was a time when access was permitted to the CCDR at IAD but that concession was (apparently) offered in error. No access is permitted to the CCDRs or First Dining unless travelling in BA First.
The oneworld.com lounge access tool makes access to the SIN Concorde Bar more than a courtesy. It states eligibility.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by sxc
The oneworld.com lounge access tool makes access to the SIN Concorde Bar more than a courtesy. It states eligibility.
I’m sure you’re correct. However, as a GGL (with CCR) since its inception, I have never received any communication from BA (nor seen any indication on BA.com) to indicate I have access to CCBs or that suggests anything other than my eligibility to access the CCRs at LHR and JFK.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:51 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I’m sure you’re correct. However, as a GGL (with CCR) since its inception, I have never received any communication from BA (nor seen any indication on BA.com) to indicate I have access to CCBs or that suggests anything other than my eligibility to access the CCRs at LHR and JFK.
As an aside I find it odd that BA doesn’t have lounge by lounge eligibility requirements on their website like CX and QF do. All they do is reference the oneworld site so I would assume that’s the BA lounge access “bible”?

Last edited by sxc; May 9, 2018 at 4:19 am
Old May 9, 2018, 5:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
As an aside I find it odd that BA doesn’t have lounge by lounge eligibility requirements on their website like CX and QF do. All they do is reference the oneworld site so I would assume that’s the BA lounge access “bible”?
They do have it online, you just need to know where to look
Old May 9, 2018, 6:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA

They do have it online, you just need to know where to look
Do tell? Every reference to lounge locations I can find is a link to oneworld.com
Old May 9, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by sxc
The only reference on ba.com is found (that I have seen) on the GGL benefits page, it states: "At 5,000 Tier Points, you will receive the Concorde Room Card — your key to the most luxurious and well-appointed lounges at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK Terminal 7. You can also extend the invitation to one guest (provided they are also flying with British Airways) so they can relax or dine with you prior to take-off". When the CCR Card is sent out you receive a similar wording in the welcome letter, again with no mention of CCB access.

In fact BA's lounge access guide specifically states that the CCR card only grants access to the CCRs at LHR (including the arrivals CCDR when arriving long haul) and JFK. It goes on to say that the CCR Card is not valid for any other lounge. So whilst access to the two CCBs has been routinely granted to CCR Cardholders, this appears to be a courtesy rather than a right and something that has not been relayed to CCR Cardholders.

My personal view is that CCR Cardholders should be granted access to all Concorde branded facilities (Rooms, Bars and Dining) to provide consistency. It does seem rather perverse that we are allowed in the CCRs, the CCBs and the Concorde Dining Room in the Arrivals Lounge when travelling in any cabin but we are not allowed to enjoy access to the CCDRs at BOS and IAD unless travelling in First.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

@Tobias-UK just FYI this is the wording of oneworld.com

“Access to the Concorde Bar is restricted to those travelling in British Airways First Class and Concorde Card Holders only.”
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Just another data point - was shown the lounge access guide after being turned away. OneWortd website still states we have access, internal policy states otherwise.

Seems inconsistent and very short sighted indeed.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yep asked and told no too. Qf is better anyway
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Currently putting that hypothesis to the test!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Enjoy the grilled dory!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Agreed. Just boarded BA 12 after showering in QF and popping to BA for a drink/finish some work. Much prefer the QF lounge but thought I’d give BA a try.

It’s by no means the worst lounge around but QF definitely beats it.
orbitmic and Cymro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.