Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:57 pm

A quick question. I'll be departing SIN on an evening QR J flight from T3. If I choose to use the BA/QF lounges in preference to the dnata one, and I've already OLCI'd, do I need to go to T3 first to pass through security? Or can I go directly to T1 and through security there, enjoy the lounges, then go to T3 in when its time to board? I realise I need to allow 15-20 mins to get from T1 <-> T3, but just want to do it only once if its possible.

TIA
Bulkhead.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bulkhead
A quick question. I'll be departing SIN on an evening QR J flight from T3. If I choose to use the BA/QF lounges in preference to the dnata one, and I've already OLCI'd, do I need to go to T3 first to pass through security?
QR don't offer mobile or email boarding passes ex-SIN, so you'll have to go to a QR check-in desk in T3 to collect one. The desks open a little before 3 hours before departure.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
QR don't offer mobile or email boarding passes ex-SIN, so you'll have to go to a QR check-in desk in T3 to collect one. The desks open a little before 3 hours before departure.
I did not realise that. Thanks for the heads up. T3 first it is then!
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, KL Gold
Access to CCB ?

Quick question. I am transiting through SIN next month from MEL to LHR on Qantas F.
As a CCR card holder, will I be able to gain access to The Concorde Bar in SIN ?
I have tried to understand the lounge access guidelines but failed miserably. Any guidance would be much appreciated ...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by fishflyer
Quick question. I am transiting through SIN next month from MEL to LHR on Qantas F.
As a CCR card holder, will I be able to gain access to The Concorde Bar in SIN ?
I have tried to understand the lounge access guidelines but failed miserably. Any guidance would be much appreciated ...
Technically not as you have to be on a BA operated flight, but it's worth asking at reception and showing your CCR card.

Rumour has it that QF will be creating a small F area within their lounge at SIN now that they are operating F-equipped aircraft through SIN again, but I'm not sure on timescales.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Genius1
Technically not as you have to be on a BA operated flight, but it's worth asking at reception and showing your CCR card.

Rumour has it that QF will be creating a small F area within their lounge at SIN now that they are operating F-equipped aircraft through SIN again, but I'm not sure on timescales.
They already have some chairs which are specifically set out for F class pax with waiter service.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by fishflyer
Just back from SIN yesterday. BA 12 to LHR. You could do what I did. Go to the QF lounge for the food (before it gets busy with the QF flights, was there at 6pm) then over to the BA lounge for quiet time before the flight. Since the BA flights are abut 22.30 and 23.15 the BA lounge is very quiet early in the evening. Even if you don't get in the CCR lounge the BA lounge is fine (except the food which is poor). Before I realised I could get in th QF lounge I used my Priority Pass to go to the Star Lounge for food.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, KL Gold
Many thanks for the advice. Will report back in a couple of weeks time ....
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:57 am

Does anyone know what is the “real” rule for accessing CCB at Changi T1?

My spouse and a travelling companion were upgraded to F at checkin recently, so proceeded to the CCB but were denied access - lounge dragon said no because they were “involuntary upgrades” (her actual words, spoken in a matter-of-fact declaratory mode).

But on other trips I had been involuntarily upgraded many times at LHR and JFK, and always was able to access CCR there. So why should the CCB be any different?

Hence am not sure now what the rule is - I thought you’d have access as long as you travel F on BA, whether or not it’s a revenue, redemption or involuntarily upgraded ticket - or had the SIN dragon made up her own rule?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Does anyone know what is the “real” rule for accessing CCB at Changi T1?

My spouse and a travelling companion were upgraded to F at checkin recently, so proceeded to the CCB but were denied access - lounge dragon said no because they were “involuntary upgrades” (her actual words, spoken in a matter-of-fact declaratory mode).

But on other trips I had been involuntarily upgraded many times at LHR and JFK, and always was able to access CCR there. So why should the CCB be any different?

Hence am not sure now what the rule is - I thought you’d have access as long as you travel F on BA, whether or not it’s a revenue, redemption or involuntarily upgraded ticket - or had the SIN dragon made up her own rule?
Can't answer in relation to upgrades, but I've previously been denied access to the SIN CCB when connecting from BA F to a QF flight in J (no F cabin), sold as BA codeshare. I have never been able to establish if this is a correct rule, though the T5 CCR allows access if connecting from F to J, so it would mean the local rule is different (of course possible, but inconsistent and unclear). Fortunately the QF lounge is there and superior IMO to the BA lounge, the only advantage of the CCB would be less people.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
The QF Lounge is a zoo this evening, no doubt attributable to the reintroduction of SIN on QF’s kangaroo route.

Nice to retreat to the CCR.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

......but I've previously been denied access to the SIN CCB when connecting from BA F to a QF flight in J (no F cabin), sold as BA codeshare. I have never been able to establish if this is a correct rule, though the T5 CCR allows access if connecting from F to J, so it would mean the local rule is different (of course possible, but inconsistent and unclear). Fortunately the QF lounge is there and superior IMO to the BA lounge, the only advantage of the CCB would be less people.
As a datapoint I have also been denied access under the exact same circumstances. It would have been four years ago, pre CCR card.

I don't and never have rated the QF lounge at SIN. As a QF P1 the reserved area was poor as were the drink offerings. With QF's abandonment of DXB and rescheduled routes through SIN it will not be good as it is currently designed. (I just pray that BA does not let the QF thongs and singlet brigade, those in F or P1's, into the CCR Bar.)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by PrimaVista
The QF Lounge is a zoo this evening, no doubt attributable to the reintroduction of SIN on QF’s kangaroo route.

Nice to retreat to the CCR.
As it was when my family and I flew recently on BA15 to SYD. The QF lounge dragon even (politely) suggested “since you’re flying BA, perhaps you’d be more comfortable in the BA lounge”. At first I declined as I have in the past enjoyed the QF lounge much more than BA, but after taking a quick swirl and finding no seats available, we all retreated to the BA lounge instead.

Now we know why - don’t think the QF lounge is sufficient to cater to the increased capacity.

Does anyone know when the masses at QF lounge typically quieten down? Will the zoo last until the later departures of BA16 and BA12 to London?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
can a CCR holder access the CCB in SIN flying a OW airline?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ermen
can a CCR holder access the CCB in SIN flying a OW airline?
Yes, just present your card with the boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.