Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Lounge Guide: British Airways Lounge, Singapore

This guide gives information, reviews and photographs of the newly refurbished British Airways Lounge in Singapore, which opened on Tuesday 25 August 2015.

The lounge features the new British Airways Lounge concept, also available at EDI, GLA, BHD, AMS, IAD, BOS, DXB and CPT.

Opening hours: 15:00 hrs to until the last BA flight, typically 23:00 hrs.
Location: Terminal 1 airside (transit lounge). After the passport control, take the escalators on the left, when facing the Central Plaza, to Level 3. Escalators are by the Tumi store.

Lounge Access: Standard BA and oneworld rules apply, it can be used if flying on another oneworld flight.

Concorde Bar Access: BA First passengers only plus one guest. You get a 4 digit access code card when entering the lounge to operate the door. Concorde Room Cardholders do not have access unless travelling in First on BA.

Facilities: Showers (6), washrooms, food, drink (including alcohol), variety of seating, big screen TV, plenty of power (UK and USB ports), high bench seating, business area, wifi, printer, 2 PCs. No smoking facilities.

Alternative lounges: The Qantas Singapore Lounge is located next door to the British Airways Lounge, and is open for similar hours for all oneworld travellers. If travelling JAL you can use the SATS dnata lounge (as of July 27 2017). The dnata lounge is used by Finnair, nearer gate D30. Malaysia Airlines operate their own Golden Lounge in Terminal 2 and will accept other oneworld travellers, and dnata provide a lounge for Qatar Airways and Sri Lankan Airlines in Terminal 3.
Print Wikipost

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Nuster
So there are 100+ people in the BA lounge who do not not know they can use the empty QF lounge? Or perhaps they prefer the best of zoos and crèches mixed together?just do not understand why one lounge is zen and the other is loud, full and frankly unpleasant.
that's not unique to SIN though and I suspect most / the average BA pax just wouldn't know that there's another option.

We shouldn't shout about it too much but why anyone would use the BA lounges in T3, I do not understand for the same reasons (business and being inferior to alternatives) as you outlined.......
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by chris1979
that's not unique to SIN though and I suspect most / the average BA pax just wouldn't know that there's another option.

We shouldn't shout about it too much but why anyone would use the BA lounges in T3, I do not understand for the same reasons (business and being inferior to alternatives) as you outlined.......
when you think that at least 50% if not more of guests are there because of status, it is still strange that they haven't done a quick google. I came from the QF sit up bar that was practically empty to the BA lounge that was at best standing only. CCB was fine and for a change was not Arctic.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

when you think that at least 50% if not more of guests are there because of status, it is still strange that they haven't done a quick google. I came from the QF sit up bar that was practically empty to the BA lounge that was at best standing only. CCB was fine and for a change was not Arctic.
I like the SIN QF bar and the CCR both. QF has better cocktails, but CCR tends to be more private. Yet to try the new CX lounge over at T4, but really looking forward in a couple of weeks!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
when you think that at least 50% if not more of guests are there because of status
What makes you think so?! That is actually not my understanding of lounge numbers as they stand.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Load factors aside I actually prefer the BA lounge in SIN. I find the seats more comfortable and relaxing, and in the concorde bar it doesn't get that busy.

Singapore is one of the best places in the world for food - unfortunately that doesn't mean the lounges get any of it. Not a big fan of the offering in either the BA or QF Lounge.

Now if the comparison was with SQ's Private Room... Different matter...
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Load factors aside I actually prefer the BA lounge in SIN. I find the seats more comfortable and relaxing, and in the concorde bar it doesn't get that busy
Have to agree. And when I've been there, the QF lounge has been much busier than the BA lounge.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
What makes you think so?! That is actually not my understanding of lounge numbers as they stand.
At SIN that is about right, or even slightly higher. Bear in mind the transfer options, the large UK expat population in the served airports, and the lack of alternatives.

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Load factors aside I actually prefer the BA lounge in SIN. I find the seats more comfortable and relaxing, and in the concorde bar it doesn't get that busy.
Yes I completely agree with this, and at the CCR level you kind of have the choice between a reasonably quiet lounge and a deadly quiet one! Now Aussies are a friendly and gregarious crowd, so sometimes it is worth going over there for that atmosphere, ditto at HKG (it doesn't seem to work in LAX for some reason). Otherwise I'm also dreading the restored Qantas services via SIN since already there are already some QF flyers (approx 10%) who prefer the BA lounge. As ever, it's good to have the choice, and sometimes even it is worth having a change and using whichever is the alternative lounge.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:09 am

I couldn't persuade my OH to lounge hop on Friday so we stuck to BA. Was very surprised at the lack of food selection - we arrived early (I was expecting the airpott to be busy but breezed through in the usual Changi 5 mins door to lounge) - only half the hot plates were occupied with an OK Xmas dinner or a pasta option

Was most surprised later to find the other hot plates in action - but with the same food duplicated !

Otherwise very pleasant as usual, though it could do with being a tad bigger - it is crowded when the BA16 arrives in
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

I don't think the average silver pax will spend much time googling lounge options - BA status and flying BA will mean they'll automatically head to the BA lounge. I also think that - as shocking as it might sound to us - there are plenty of people who haven't heard of OneWorld or even if they had, wouldn't know that BA and QF both belong and even then, wouldn't know that BA status on a BA flight gets you into QF.

Originally Posted by sammyg901
I couldn't persuade my OH to lounge hop on Friday so we stuck to BA. Was very surprised at the lack of food selection - we arrived early (I was expecting the airpott to be busy but breezed through in the usual Changi 5 mins door to lounge) - only half the hot plates were occupied with an OK Xmas dinner or a pasta option

Was most surprised later to find the other hot plates in action - but with the same food duplicated !

Otherwise very pleasant as usual, though it could do with being a tad bigger - it is crowded when the BA16 arrives in
you missed out big there. the QF lounge food is great - i really like the various salad options (not just green leafs but quite 'exciting' options) plus the hot buffet and 'cooked to order' options. the BA lounge - incl the CCR lounge - is 'kept warm for a few hours' mini quiche, chicken screwers and pasta cr@p a la tesco ready meal and tesco Christmas buffet. I wouldn't eat anything in the BA lounge compared to the QF offering.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I don't think the average silver pax will spend much time googling lounge options - BA status and flying BA will mean they'll automatically head to the BA lounge. I also think that - as shocking as it might sound to us - there are plenty of people who haven't heard of OneWorld or even if they had, wouldn't know that BA and QF both belong and even then, wouldn't know that BA status on a BA flight gets you into QF.
There is an announcement about oneworld on every flight (... welcome back BAEC and oneworld frequent flyers), so I‘d assume even the average pax would know this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:22 am

you missed out big there. the QF lounge food is great - i really like the various salad options (not just green leafs but quite 'exciting' options) plus the hot buffet and 'cooked to order' options. the BA lounge - incl the CCR lounge - is 'kept warm for a few hours' mini quiche, chicken screwers and pasta cr@p a la tesco ready meal and tesco Christmas buffet. I wouldn't eat anything in the BA lounge compared to the QF offering.
yup! I'm SIN based and always pop in the QF lounge if I have sufficient time before an evening MH (/CX before they moved) flight or eat before the BA lounge for drinks. I'll just enforce it next time
Old Dec 25, 2017, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by florens

There is an announcement about oneworld on every flight (... welcome back BAEC and oneworld frequent flyers), so I‘d assume even the average pax would know this.
I am not sure I'd agree. just like the average BA pax isn't a member of BAEC and may - or may not - have heard of it.

Even if they would recognise an announcement about OneWorld, I still think the average person wouldn't know QF is part of it and/or what it means lounge wise. I am of course not thinking of anyone on here but the sort of person that tells colleagues at work that they are flying First Class from London to Rome....... or who reads the Daily Mail which says that sort of stuff.
florens likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Food in the CCR now includes three items prepared to order (cooked to order? Who knows). At this moment, as well as the satay skewers (which as others have pointed out don't really compare with the best food centres in town) there's a parma ham sandwich in ciabatta bread with a side salad, a proper pasta with tomato sauce (as opposed to the pasta salad style offering from the main buffet) and a snapper in chili crab sauce which can't really compare to the chili prawns I had at Newton Food Centre or, well, pretty much anything I ate around Jalan Besar, but was decent, served with a few sauteed veg and usual rice. A step up, I'd say. I had morning meetings in town then a flurry of afternoon and evening calls I needed to make to Europe, so got here early and ensconced myself in the CCRBar. Very quiet (flights are not busy today, only six in F on the A380 last I checked), I realise it's only just getting to 9pm and more folk might show up, but at this point we've had peak occupancy of six and, for the work I had to do this has been ideal. I am going to try and wrap up in the next 30 minutes and run next door for a quick Manhattan before heading out to the gate.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Yesterday both BA12 and 16 were full in F so it was heaving in there. Good to hear you got Ppeace and quiet.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I agree that the food has improved, though I still think the food court in the airport itself is the better option if you're looking for something local and authentic - assuming you've got the time and inclination to walk over to the basement of T3 before check-in. It's something of a shame that BA doesn't try to harmonise things across its Concorde Lounge offerings. It would be a real improvement to see LPGS and T10 (particularly the latter, from a self-centred standpoint) offered in Singapore and Dubai (and the former in JFK as well). One plus point for SIN: i think it's the only place on the BA network where you can still find the Zacapa XO, long missed by me from the F cabins and F lounges in LHR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.