Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
BA11 London to Singapore Mid May (FIRST)

Starters
  • Oak smoked Gressingham duck with melon, pomegranate and parsley puree
  • Italian burrata with English garden peas, summer truffle and lemon
  • Lobster tortelloni, clam and sweetcorn chowder, tarragon oil
  • Asparagus soup with scorched onions, sourdough croutons
  • Seasonal Salad served with Honey and Mustard dressing
Main
  • Shredded pork with sweet bean sauce, fried pak choi and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
  • Pan fries Stone bass, grilled fennel, saffron Beurre blanc
  • Crispy spring vegetable gnocchi in a creamy tomato sauce, Thai basil
Desserts
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Slice and Earl Grey Curd
  • Warm Apricot Sponge Pudding
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries
Cheese Plate
  • Cenarth Brie
  • Cave Aged Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Stilton
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Magic01273
and don't really fancy goose liver.
Your loss!
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Your loss!
I guess. By my own admission, I'm not the most adventurous with my food. I'm getting better at trying new things as I get older but bowel surgery last year has signalled the end of very rich foods for me unfortunately.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I guess. By my own admission, I'm not the most adventurous with my food. I'm getting better at trying new things as I get older but bowel surgery last year has signalled the end of very rich foods for me unfortunately.
Ouch, really sorry to hear it and hope you are back to fully well now. I certainly didn't mean to offend.

I must say I quite like your menu - a few things there (king crab, carpaccio, asparagus, etc) sound pretty good. In fairness, the goose liver cannelloni could be nice or a complete disaster pretty easily. Fish medley sounds nice but it used to be with Dover sole and this time shows lemon sole instead which is a bit of a shame!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
>Slow roasted beef carpaccio

is it just me, or does this sound rather oxymoron(ish)? How can BA slow roast a dish that is supposed to be served raw?
Buster and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by grantsteve
Menu in F for BA183 LHR > JFK on 06 May

Starters
  • King crab, avocado and button mushroom tartare, gazpacho
  • Slow roasted beef carpaccio, parmesan truffle creme fraiche
  • Grilled asparagus, soy hollandaise
  • Caramelised pea soup, deep fried ricotta
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Grilled Welsh lamb cutlets, potato gratin, rosemary jus
  • British fish medley South coast lemon sole, King prawn, Scottish salmon
  • Baked goose liver and artichoke canneloni, black and white truffle sauces
  • Lebanese roasted cauliflowers tomato jam and yoghurt Parsley oil
Desserts
  • Raspberry yuzu and white chocolate cannelloni
  • Baked chocolate mousse, poached pear
  • Ice cream Sundae
Cheese Plate
  • West Country Farm cheddar, Artisan perl wensleydale, Brock blue cheese, Mayfield semi hard cheese served with green tomato chutney, green and blue cheese
On the exact same flight coming back on the 11th. Seafood lover, but nothing here sounds truly exciting. Hubby and I pre-ordered the fish medley. Hoping the outbound leg doesn't run out of our first choice.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

is it just me, or does this sound rather oxymoron(ish)? How can BA slow roast a dish that is supposed to be served raw?
Exactly what I thought... but I assume its served carpaccio "style". I doubt many airlines would risk completely raw beef.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Exactly what I thought... but I assume its served carpaccio "style". I doubt many airlines would risk completely raw beef.
Exactly, I’ve actually had a ‘roast beef’ carpaccio at a Gordon Ramsey restaurant.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

Yes, that irks me too, but sadly people use this a lot in English speaking countries to describe something rare and sliced thinly for reasons that escape me. AA have had their (cooked) carpaccio in transcon F menus for a long time, BA crew frequently use it for the rare roast beef in CE (though not sure if it is the official menu description), and as Tobias-UK says, even many restaurants which should know better use the term in such an odd way. Personally, I'd rather they used another more accurate term, but even in terms of culinary integrity, one needs to choose one's battles!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Can someone explain why I am not able to pre-order any meals on my booking?

I have a Work/TP run GVA > LHR > JFK > LAX > LAS and on the BA MMB it is not showing it possible to pre-order any meals? IT is 001 ticketed so maybe thats why?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Another similar F menu, LHR-AUS in mid May:

Starters

• Seasonal Salad served with your choice of Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
  • Dingley Dell pork cutlet, sage gravy, apple and Somerset cider

Desserts

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Stilton
Complete with the same speeling mistake for the fish and odd use of capitals.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
Can someone explain why I am not able to pre-order any meals on my booking?

I have a Work/TP run GVA > LHR > JFK > LAX > LAS and on the BA MMB it is not showing it possible to pre-order any meals? IT is 001 ticketed so maybe thats why?
With that many sectors, and given the SABRE host of your ticket, I'd imagine you actually have 2 Amadeus BA PNRs and maybe you're looking at the wrong one. So maybe just call up BA and ask if they can locate another PNR other than the one you are working with at the moment. You should be able to select LHR-JFK if you are within 28 days of travel and it is BA metal. That said, on that route specifically, and with the new catering generally, I think BA has now cracked the problem of availability of items, so I wouldn't worry too much unless you are extremely picky about your food, you'll probably get your first choice.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
With that many sectors, and given the SABRE host of your ticket, I'd imagine you actually have 2 Amadeus BA PNRs and maybe you're looking at the wrong one. So maybe just call up BA and ask if they can locate another PNR other than the one you are working with at the moment. You should be able to select LHR-JFK if you are within 28 days of travel and it is BA metal. That said, on that route specifically, and with the new catering generally, I think BA has now cracked the problem of availability of items, so I wouldn't worry too much unless you are extremely picky about your food, you'll probably get your first choice.

Thanks CWS, I remember when I first rang AA/BA they said about a second PNR. Also may be why AA shows my selected seats and BA PNR doesn't... I'll try and locate the other PNR and see. Im more interested to see what I'm going to be offered than actually choose.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I'm flying LHR - Beirut in Club on the 3rd May. This route should have pre order, and 'select your main course' pops up when I log into MMB, but when I try and select a message says 'you will be served complimentary food and drink onboard....you cannot pre select on this flight.'

Anyone any ideas why?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Another similar F menu, LHR-AUS in mid May:

Starters

• Seasonal Salad served with your choice of Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

• Dingley Dell pork cutlet, sage gravy, apple and Somerset cider

Desserts

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Stilton
Complete with the same speeling mistake for the fish and odd use of capitals.
We are in F LHR to ATL on 10th May and this is our menu. We have both pre-ordered the beef although there are a couple of other mains I would be happy with. I am more concerned about the starter as I really only fancy the duck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.