Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
That's really the CW menu? All I get is a simple list of three mains to choose from, and none of them are that exciting.
i think there’s a link above the choices ‘view menu’ where you can see all courses.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:23 pm

Hi. I have a gluten free meal on my Exec Club profile that gets added automatically to bookings, but the food is often very odd. I haven't preordered via this service before, so can I ask whether the meals have allergy information when booking online? I find that when I receive my gluten free meal, other standard meals could be eaten, apart from the possible cross contamination issue, but I'll live with that. I'd quite like to skip the cardboard GF bread rolls, especially when travelling F or J. Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold

BA295 LHR-ORD F
mid- May

Starters

• Oak smoked Gressingham duck with melon, pomegranate and parsley puree
  • Italian burrata with English garden peas, summer truffle and lemon
  • Lobster tortelloni, clam and sweetcorn chowder, tarragon oil
  • Asparagus soup with scorched onions, sourdough croutons
  • Seasonal Salad served with your choice of Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
  • Pan fries Stone bass, grilled fennel, saffron Beurre blanc
  • Dingley Dell pork cutlet, sage gravy, apple and Somerset cider
  • Crispy spring vegetable gnocchi in a creamy tomato sauce, Thai basil

Desserts

• Chocolate Hazelnut Slice and Earl Grey Curd
  • Warm Apricot Sponge Pudding
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Cave Aged Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Stilton
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. I have a gluten free meal on my Exec Club profile that gets added automatically to bookings, but the food is often very odd. I haven't preordered via this service before, so can I ask whether the meals have allergy information when booking online? I find that when I receive my gluten free meal, other standard meals could be eaten, apart from the possible cross contamination issue, but I'll live with that. I'd quite like to skip the cardboard GF bread rolls, especially when travelling F or J. Thanks.
What are the GF choices like? (ARE there actual "choices" or is the "choice" just "GF"?)

DH was recently diagnosed with full celiac disease, much to our surprise. No idea if this was recent onset or what, but there is definite internal damage..

(The relative seemingly "trendiness" of GF has made it quite easy to find decent choices at all hotels/restaurants we've been to during the past several months, thank goodness. Note: Some even have *very* tasty rolls; some are like corn muffins. Too bad BA doesn't use something better than cardboard.)

Thanks.

GC
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:38 pm

I'm lead to believe and from from my own experience that a GF meal in First is the same as in economy, just plated up. That's why I asked my question about preordering and allergy info.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Check back tomorrow or Friday. You should have a choice around the 30 day mark. It's not always exactly on that day.
Checked today (so 23 days till me flight) and still can't select a meal for some reason. I contacted BA on twitter and they looked it into it as they thought it was strange. They've come back to me just now and they said "Unfortunately ordering your meal in advance is no longer available on this route." Not sure if it's a policy change or just incorrect info but I guess I'll just have to wing it and hope there's something non meaty on the CW menu I can eat!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What route and date please?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
This was the original post:

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Flying CW on 10th May from LHR to NRT. Just clicked on the Order meals button and once I get through to the next screen it says:
"
  • You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board. Unfortunately, ordering your meal in advance is not available for this flight.
So the same option as you get when flying into LHR.

Is it likely that the choices will be offered at some point before the flight or is it to do with the catering changes with D&Co coming onboard? (or another possible reason?!)
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:39 am

Sorry CIHY should have said! Posted last week about it, LHR to NRT. CW on 10th May
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
LHR - BOS
25 April 2019
BA239 19:55

Starters
*Cured beef bresaola, tonnato dressing, anchovies, tomato and caper
*Kidderton Ash goat's cheese, hazelnuts, asparagus and radish
*Seared scallops, truffle pea puree, maple cured gammon, pea shoots
*Vichyssoise soup with Braddock White poached duck egg and potato salad
*Seasonal Salad served with your choice of Honey and Mustard dressing

Main
*Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
*Roast fillet of halibut with Brixham crab bisque, preserved lemon and buttered samphire
*Roast free range corn-fed chicken breast with Winbirri bacchus white wine and thyme and bread sauces
*Ricotta black pepper ravioli with lovage pesto, charred leeks, black olives and red vein sorrel

Desserts
*Chocolate & orange delice with an almond granola and sugared pistachios
*Blueberry & Nectarine Charlotte
*Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries
*Cheese Plate
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Sorry CIHY should have said! Posted last week about it, LHR to NRT. CW on 10th May
Will let you know when I can see it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by FEMW
Undecided on dessert but if anyone has had the key lime pie 'new style' - what is the new style?
I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on this.

So I'll bite: The "new style" is smaller and cheaper.

There. Nobody else needs to make this wisecrack now.

And I was only in this thread because I'd seen the same menu in a May booking for LHR-HKG too ...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:50 am

Will let you know when I can see it.
Great, thank you very much!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
WTP menu for my LHR - YVR flight on May 22:

Starter

• Caprese salad

Main

• Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, broccoli and Chasseur sauce
  • Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dhal
  • Rigatoni pasta in a creamy garlic and herb sauce with leek , pumpkin and baby spinach

Dessert

• Marbled chocolate cheesecake
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold

BA115 London to New York F menu - Mid May

Starters

• King crab, avocado and button mushroom tartare, gazpacho
  • Slow roasted beef carpaccio, parmesan truffle creme fraiche
  • Grilled asparagus, soy hollandaise
  • Caramelised pea soup, deep fried ricotta
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with honey mustard dressing

Main

• Grilled Welsh lamb cutlets, potato gratin, rosemary jus
  • British fish medley South coast lemon sole, King prawn, Scottish salmon
  • Baked goose liver and artichoke canneloni, black and white truffle sauces
  • Lebanese roasted cauliflowers tomato jam and yoghurt Parsley oil

Desserts

• Raspberry yuzu and white chocolate cannelloni
  • Baked chocolate mousse, poached pear
  • Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate

• West Country Farm cheddar, Artisan perl wensleydale, Brock blue cheese, Mayfield semi hard cheese served with green tomato chutney, green and blue cheese

Nothing all the exciting for me, personally. Not a seafood lover and don't really fancy goose liver. Still, my expectations on food are low on any flight so they can only be met or exceeded

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.