Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

BA287 London to San Francisco 14:15 11th April First

Starters

• Cured beef bresaola, tonnato dressing, anchovies, tomato and caper
  • Kidderton Ash goat's cheese, hazelnuts, asparagus and radish
  • Seared scallops, truffle pea puree, maple cured gammon, pea shoots
  • Vichyssoise soup with Braddock White poached duck egg and potato salad
  • Seasonal Salad served with your choice of Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
  • Roast fillet of halibut with Brixham crab bisque, preserved lemon and buttered samphire
  • Roast free range corn-fed chicken breast with Winbirri bacchus white wine and thyme and bread sauces
  • Ricotta black pepper ravioli with lovage pesto, charred leeks, black olives and red vein sorrel

Desserts

• Chocolate & orange delice with an almond granola and sugared pistachios
  • Blueberry & Nectarine Charlotte
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
Quite a nice menu, looks like it will be the new F offering?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Gomac
... Quite a nice menu, looks like it will be the new F offering?
I suspect you are correct, there is an additional appetizer choice, and one main option less.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect you are correct, there is an additional appetizer choice, and one main option less.
Although the bresaola starter is a little ‘confused’ and will have too many flavours fighting against one another and I love anchovies too
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

Main

• Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
  • Roast fillet of halibut with Brixham crab bisque, preserved lemon and buttered samphire
  • Roast free range corn-fed chicken breast with Winbirri bacchus white wine and thyme and bread sauces
  • Ricotta black pepper ravioli with lovage pesto, charred leeks, black olives and red vein sorrel
Also booked to SFO in F in April with this menu. I was a little intrigued by the lack of advertised carbs with the mains (excluding the ravioli, obviously, and ignoring the bread sauce), normally BA mentions the carb element. I wonder if they will come unadvertised, or if BA is going reduced carb in F (which is ok with me)? I think I will go for the halibut and hope it's not overcooked.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:30 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat

BA33 London to Kuala Lumpur 18:55

See the menus in F

Starters

• Seared scallops, sweetcorn purée with smoked paprika and corn bread
  • Baked herb crusted Camembert, pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Curried parsnip soup with parsnip crisp
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Aged Balsamic vinaigrette dressing or Honey mustard dressing

Main

• Cashew nut satay chicken with stir fried vegetables and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, salt beef croquette, Dauphinoise potato, cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass, crushed ratte potatoes, grilled fennel, samphire and chive butter sauce
  • Vegetable korma with jeera pilau, pakora and naan bread
  • Chicken Caesar, garlic croutons and free range egg, anchovy dressing

Desserts

• Pistachio & Chocolate Cherry Cannelloni
  • Apple Tart Tatin
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Also booked to SFO in F in April with this menu. I was a little intrigued by the lack of advertised carbs with the mains (excluding the ravioli, obviously, and ignoring the bread sauce), normally BA mentions the carb element. I wonder if they will come unadvertised, or if BA is going reduced carb in F (which is ok with me)? I think I will go for the halibut and hope it's not overcooked.
I believe this is because the new F menu now has sides separately, so you can add on the carbs of your choice... see the menu from the trial below a few months ago...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30503978-post8.html
orbitmic and Oaxaca like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I have the same as the Kuala Lumpur menu to SAN on 20.3.19. Except being the 'old/current offer' there is one less main. (Somewhat bemused of the timing of my first first!) Currently have the stone bass ordered - any good? I have read too many horrors stories about the steak which would have been my natural choice.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:23 am

Appetiser - Delicious!

Chocolate Cannelloni - The cherry compote was superb

Scallops and sweetcorn

Coffee

Stone Bass - Very tasty
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold

BA39 London to Beijing April 5th - First

Starters

• Seasonal Salad served with Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

• Shredded pork with Beijing sauce, fried pak choi and steamed rice

Desserts

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Normany Camembert

Very similar to the SFO menu, so looks like we're in the for the new service offer.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
What would you choose? BA9 LHR-BKK CW 18th March

Here are my options, torn between the beef fillet and the fried chicken, anyone tried both? What would you recommend?

BA9 London to Bangkok 15:15

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon, Burford hen's egg and dill crème fraiche
  • English style mezze featuring: Kidderton Ash goat's cheese, lovage tabbouleh and pea hummus
  • Carrot and coriander soup with mascarpone
  • Fresh salad of lightly Zhug spiced peas and broad beans served with your choice of Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing

Main

• Deep fried chicken with fai dang sauce, shimeji mushrooms, carrot, asparagus and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of British beef, peppercorn sauce, boulangere potatoes and spring greens
  • Vegetable balti with pilau rice, crispy paneer and naan bread

Dessert

• Chocolate and caramel layer cake
  • Malted chocolate blackcurrant slice
  • Warm apple pie with vanilla crème anglaise
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:31 pm

I'm not sure which one I will take, but will update here with pictures when it's time...

----

Heathrow (London) to John F Kennedy (NY) (New York) BA113, 16:15, Thu 11 Apr 2019

Starters
  • Burrata with oven roasted tomatoes, black olives, fresh rocket and olive oil
  • Hoisin glazed aubergine on a salad of daikon radish, carrot and coriander leaf
  • Potato and Stilton soup
  • Seasonal salad featuring cucumber, pomegranate and fresh mixed herbs with your choice of Lemon olive oil dressing or Cumin yoghurt

Bakery
  • Trio bread roll

Main
  • Miso glazed north Atlantic cod with wasabi mousseline and wok fried vegetables
  • Roasted British chicken supreme with kale mousseline, bacon lardons and brown ale mushroom jus
  • Indian style vegetable and coconut curry with Basmati rice

Desserts
  • Strawberry trifle with Vanilla custard cream
  • Chocolate mousse with berry ragout and caramel shortbread
  • Warm rhubarb strudel
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Shropshire blue cheese, Somerset brie, Applewood cheddar served with Walnuts and fig chutney

Last edited by dominiktoday; Mar 14, 2019 at 5:05 pm Reason: Restructure Content
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by dominiktoday
I'm not sure which one I will take, but will update here with pictures when it's time...

Heathrow (London) to John F Kennedy (NY) (New York) BA113, 16:15, Thu 11 Apr 2019

Main
  • Miso glazed north Atlantic cod with wasabi mousseline and wok fried vegetables
  • Roasted British chicken supreme with kale mousseline, bacon lardons and brown ale mushroom jus
  • Indian style vegetable and coconut curry with Basmati rice
I have exactly the same menu flying the next day. Im
gping with the chicken.
dominiktoday likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)

Starters

• Seasonal Salad served with your choice of Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

Desserts

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Normany Camembert
This is the menu I have on my F to BOS in a couple of weeks time, and I have a really stupid question. Is the Vichyssoise served hot or cold ? Yes, I know it is normally cold, but it can also be had hot.
And what are the opinions on the fillet of beef, given the usual reports on here of it not being cooked properly ?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Timing of Meal?

Quick question about timing. Our menu just posted for a LHR-SEA flight ( same as what Gomac posted above) . Our flight leaves at 9:30 AM ( London time). At what point in this 9 hour flight is the meal served? What would they serve before landing? Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by david55
Quick question about timing. Our menu just posted for a LHR-SEA flight ( same as what Gomac posted above) . Our flight leaves at 9:30 AM ( London time). At what point in this 9 hour flight is the meal served? What would they serve before landing? Thanks.
BA53, the morning SEA flight, is still just late enough to qualify for lunch + "afternoon" tea, despite landing before midday.

Service is still the long haul standard under ~5000 miles of bar + hot meal after take off, then light meal around 90 minutes from landing (afternoon tea on dayflights departing London before 5pm under 5000 miles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.