Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by bakera
Confirmed that our menu for March 10th is exactly the same. Looking forward to hearing any recomendations.
BTW - A quick question to frequent F flyers - is it possible to switch the veg components - e.g. take the fish, but with the beef side dishes?
Suspect that the only definitive answer will be on the day. However if someone takes elements from two meals that means two subsequent meals will not be able to be delivered according to the menu.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Elegance645

BA273 London to San Diego 13:45 in Feb

Starters

Prawn cocktail with baby gem and Marie rose sauce
Roasted butternut squash and red onion tartlet, Granny Smith apple salad, truffle mayo
Celeriac cream soup with soused black currants
Fresh Seasonal salad of shredded kale, bulgur wheat, pear and pomegranate served with your choice of Honey Mustard Dressing or Creamy tarragon dressing
Main

Seared sea trout, brown shrimp butter, sage and hispy cabbage
Braised Irish Ox cheek, pearl barley and chanterelles risotto and green beans
Stracciatella and black truffle tortelloni with leek velouté
Dessert

Raspberry cremeux
Chocolate & Salted Caramel Millie Feuille
Black cherry frangipane with vanilla crème anglaise
Blueberries and raspberries
Orsom Lester Vintage Red,Somerset Camembert,Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish

As as a non cheese eater I have to say the above options aren’t inspiring for a winter flight of that duration. Some of the other menus shown look really appetising.
Had the same menu on BA287 to SFO from LHR.

The butternut squash tart was probably one of the best dishes I've had on a flight for quite some time, full of flavour!

Wish I'd gone for the fish instead of the pasta, as it was really bad. Not quite sure how they managed to achieve the textures they did on the pasta dish but I definitely wouldn't recommend having it.

For dessert I had the black cherry frangipane, which was served warm. Really nice dessert, reminded me of a cherry bakewell tart!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt
Hi Tobias was just wondering if you had flown yet?
Thanks
I am currently on BA269 and so far have enjoyed the soup, it needed some salt and pepper but otherwise rather pleasant ^
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I am currently on BA269 and so far have enjoyed the soup, it needed some salt and pepper but otherwise rather pleasant ^
I'm interested in your menu report as I have the same menu as you in a couple of days (was going to have the soup and I believe pre-ordered the same main!)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:25 am

The ravioli was also very tasty, but I could not discern the Gorgonzola. Nonetheless, a very tasty dish.

orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Feb 13, 2019 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm interested in your menu report as I have the same menu as you in a couple of days (was going to have the soup and I believe pre-ordered the same main!)
I rather enjoyed the lamb, tender and tasty - there is a little spice to the sauce but the pulses were on the bland side - QResque. That said, it was an enjoyable dish.

orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
That's perfect - you literally ordered everything I was planning to! (or will if you also picked the rhubarb ginger timbale and the cheese plate!)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Love the rhubarb ginger timbale.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Love the rhubarb ginger timbale.
I hope that they have rhubarb on the menu next month
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's perfect - you literally ordered everything I was planning to! (or will if you also picked the rhubarb ginger timbale and the cheese plate!)
I did, but ate them before realising I hadn’t photographed them - oops

Both dishes were good ^
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:28 am

I fly 4 weeks tomorrow so by my maths today is 29 days before and I don’t have option to choose my meal yet, is the 30 days quite fluid?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Bluesky30
I fly 4 weeks tomorrow so by my maths today is 29 days before and I don’t have option to choose my meal yet, is the 30 days quite fluid?
I think February having less than 30 days seems to generate discrepancies, I'd wait a day or two and then contact BA if it's still not there.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Originally Posted by Bluesky30
I think February having less than 30 days seems to generate discrepancies, I'd wait a day or two and then contact BA if it's still not there.
In any event, what's the rush? It makes no difference whatsoever whether you order your main course 28 days before or 2 days before the flight. They're not going to run out of pre-order capacity and tell you that there's no soup for you. So it doesn't matter whether you wait a day or two, or wait a week or two.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
There were definite discrepancies last year and the menus were posted about 3 days later than they should have been but it was all fine in the end
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
In any event, what's the rush? It makes no difference whatsoever whether you order your main course 28 days before or 2 days before the flight. They're not going to run out of pre-order capacity and tell you that there's no soup for you. So it doesn't matter whether you wait a day or two, or wait a week or two.
no i agree it doesn’t make any difference but to someone who hardly ever gets to fly clubworld it’s all quite exciting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.