Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:32 am

BA43 London to Cape Town 18:15 FIRST

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Seared scallops, sweetcorn purée with smoked paprika and corn bread
  • Baked herb crusted Camembert, pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Curried parsnip soup with parsnip crisp
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Aged Balsamic vinaigrette dressing or Honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, salt beef croquette, Dauphinoise potato, cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass, crushed ratte potatoes, grilled fennel, samphire and chive butter sauce
  • Slow braised lamb shank with creamed potatoes, roasted baby carrot, sautéed savoy cabbage
  • Vegetable korma with jeera pilau, pakora and naan bread
  • Chicken Caesar, garlic croutons and free range egg, anchovy dressing

Desserts

• Pistachio & Chocolate Cherry Cannelloni
  • Apple Tart Tatin
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

Starters

• Baked herb crusted Camembert, pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Aged Balsamic vinaigrette dressing or Honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, salt beef croquette, Dauphinoise potato, cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass, crushed ratte potatoes, grilled fennel, samphire and chive butter sauce
  • Slow braised lamb shank with creamed potatoes, roasted baby carrot, sautéed savoy cabbage

Desserts

• Apple Tart Tatin
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
what date is this for? We’ll be flying to CPT on March 10th, so trying to work out if we’ll get the same.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:33 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by Infinite Possibilities
Here are the choices for the mains on an upcoming flight in Club World:
  • Seared sea trout, brown shrimp butter, sage and hispy cabbage
  • Braised Irish Ox cheek, pearl barley and chanterelles risotto and green beans
  • Stracciatella and black truffle tortelloni with leek velouté
Does anyone have any comments/experiences with these choices?

Thanks in advance!
I have this menu for a flight to EWR in 2 weeks’ time. I’m inclined to try the ox cheek - anyone tried this yet?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by bakera

what date is this for? We’ll be flying to CPT on March 10th, so trying to work out if we’ll get the same.
We’re flying 1st March. Dunno if the same options rotate though
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by bakera

I have the same menu on the later CPT flight early March. Would be surprised if yours was different.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard

Starters

Main

Desserts

• Apple Tart Tatin
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
This is the same menu for my flight to GRU in early March. Leaning towards the Camembert and Fish.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I will fly to LAX early Feb and the menu is as follows (this is likely the menu for ORD too):

BA269 London to Los Angeles

Starters

· Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée

· Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce

· Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon

· Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

· Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes

· Roasted rack of British lamb with braised neck tagine and Freekeh

· Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket

· Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata

· Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses

Desserts

· Rhubarb and ginger timbale

· Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball

· Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

· Gillot Camembert

· Barbers Sweet Red Leicester

· Stilton

· Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:11 am

We do have the same menu to Chicago on 21st Feb. Can you recommend anything. Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt
We do have the same menu to Chicago on 21st Feb. Can you recommend anything. Thanks
I will be flying in a few days, I’ll likely order the ravioli and the lamb. I’ll come back and let you know (please remind me!).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Buster

CW - 2 March BA269 London to Los Angeles 15:30

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon, Burford hen's egg and dill crème fraiche
  • English style mezze featuring: Kidderton Ash goat's cheese, lovage tabbouleh and pea hummus
  • Carrot and coriander soup with mascarpone
  • Fresh salad of lightly Zhug spiced peas and broad beans served with your choice of Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, peppercorn sauce, boulangere potatoes and spring greens
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass with mustard herbed new potatoes and lemon beurre blanc
  • Vegetable balti with pilau rice, crispy paneer and naan bread

Dessert

• Chocolate and caramel layer cake
  • Malted chocolate blackcurrant slice
  • Warm apple pie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Fresh seasonal fruit
  • Coastal Cheddar,West Country Brie,Shropshire blue served with walnuts, biscuits and Apricot chutney
Sadly, none of these mains sound all that good to me. My last BA fillet was shoe leather, so I won't be going for that. Fish likewise tends to be dry and overcooked. I guess it's balti for me, but I'd prefer it to have some chicken or lamb in it...
I'm pleasantly reassured by this menu. Most of the menus I've seen lately have had a lot of dishes with nuts and crustaceans, both of which I'm allergic to. I could eat most of this without dying mid-air
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Wapps68

BA0005 to Tokyo Narita, 13:40 departure

Starters

• A selection of Japanese appetisers featuring: Prawn sushi, Ahi tuna Tataki, salmon sushi and Wakame seeweed
  • or
  • Clear Japanese soup

Main

• Baked cod and lobster with saikyo miso

Desserts

• Apple Tart Tatin
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Bleu D'Auvergne
I'm flying to NRT next week and I've tried a few times to pre-select in MMB - but it's saying there is technical issue with the service which means pre-selection not available. Is this an isolated problem or anyone encountering it as a wider issue?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:06 am

Please could anybody help me - does anybody have any of the up to date menus for the flights to Indian destinations for March - CW or F? Thank you
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by jk156
I'm flying to NRT next week and I've tried a few times to pre-select in MMB - but it's saying there is technical issue with the service which means pre-selection not available. Is this an isolated problem or anyone encountering it as a wider issue?
I was able to pre order fine and I am flying in March.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I will be flying in a few days, I’ll likely order the ravioli and the lamb. I’ll come back and let you know (please remind me!).
Hi Tobias was just wondering if you had flown yet?
Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold

We’re flying 1st March. Dunno if the same options rotate though
Confirmed that our menu for March 10th is exactly the same. Looking forward to hearing any recomendations.
BTW - A quick question to frequent F flyers - is it possible to switch the veg components - e.g. take the fish, but with the beef side dishes?

Last edited by bakera; Feb 13, 2019 at 9:33 am Reason: corrected typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.