Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ttama
Is it too much to ask for some decent comfort food, instead of pomegranate, kale, celeriac and buttenut squash? What about a nice steak and kidney pudding or a decent game pie?
Well, every one to their own I guess. I do like game pie, but I also like pomegranate, kale, celeriac, and butternut squash! I don't think braised ox cheek, sea trout with brown shrimp butter and cabbage or ravioli with black truffle and stracciatella particularly "modern" let alone particularly light/healthy and I'll admit that I prefer the starters listed to a charcuterie plate (I like meat starters and am quite happy when I see meat pasta starters or mini pies but a charcuterie plate isn't that exciting especially when you already get way too much of it in CE)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The starters look great to me.
I'm thrilled for you
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
​​​​​​Well I won’t be eating it, you will!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic

Apart from the pasta, possibly the risotto, i don’t really see many dishes with cheese in that menu. Am I missing something obvious?
it basically means it’s the sea trout for me. The riosotto has cheese in it. I guess it’s either a lactose intolerant meal or see what’s going on in economy.

Middle of winter out of Heathrow on a British Airline let’s see some seasonal classics on the menu too.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The starters look great to me.
Me too. Lots of vegetables, flavours sound like they should have zing.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
CW Menu for Gatwick - Barbados Feb 19, assuming the inclusion of soup as a starter indicates new style catering ?

Starters

• Cirtus Poached Prawns with Rocket & Pesto Salad with Gremolata Dressing
  • Cheese Stuffed Mini Pepper with Boccocini Balls and Asparagus
  • Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Chive crème fraiche & roasted coriander pinenuts
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with Dressing

Main

• Marinated Massamon Chicken with Jasime Rice & Pak Choi
  • Seared British Fillet Steak with Porcini Herb Crumb, Dauphinoise Potato & Riggwelter Yorkshire Ale Jus
  • Fresh Spaghettti with Puttanesca Sauce

Dessert

• Stawberry & white Chocolate Delice
  • Selection of Fresh Seasonal Berries
  • Sticky Banana Pudding with Crème Anglaise
  • Selection of Cheeses - Orson Lester Vitage Red, Somerset Camembert & Fourme D' Ambert with Caramilised Apple Jelly & Thyme Roasted Walnuts
argonath likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Looks like it although the menu is written slightly differently to the LHR ones.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Elegance645

BA273 London to San Diego 13:45 in Feb

Starters

Prawn cocktail with baby gem and Marie rose sauce
Roasted butternut squash and red onion tartlet, Granny Smith apple salad, truffle mayo
Celeriac cream soup with soused black currants
Fresh Seasonal salad of shredded kale, bulgur wheat, pear and pomegranate served with your choice of Honey Mustard Dressing or Creamy tarragon dressing
Main

Seared sea trout, brown shrimp butter, sage and hispy cabbage
Braised Irish Ox cheek, pearl barley and chanterelles risotto and green beans
Stracciatella and black truffle tortelloni with leek velouté
Dessert

Raspberry cremeux
Chocolate & Salted Caramel Millie Feuille
Black cherry frangipane with vanilla crème anglaise
Blueberries and raspberries
Orsom Lester Vintage Red,Somerset Camembert,Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish

As as a non cheese eater I have to say the above options aren’t inspiring for a winter flight of that duration. Some of the other menus shown look really appetising.
i have same menu 18th Feb LHR-JNB. Selected the trout as something other than the usual beef, and for starters it’s gonna be the prawns.

Admittedly the starter selection isn’t that great, but I’m happy with what’s on offer.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Elegance645

Starters

Prawn cocktail with baby gem and Marie rose sauce
Roasted butternut squash and red onion tartlet, Granny Smith apple salad, truffle mayo
Celeriac cream soup with soused black currants
Fresh Seasonal salad of shredded kale, bulgur wheat, pear and pomegranate served with your choice of Honey Mustard Dressing or Creamy tarragon dressing

Main

Seared sea trout, brown shrimp butter, sage and hispy cabbage
Braised Irish Ox cheek, pearl barley and chanterelles risotto and green beans
Stracciatella and black truffle tortelloni with leek velouté

Dessert

Raspberry cremeux
Chocolate & Salted Caramel Millie Feuille
Black cherry frangipane with vanilla crème anglaise
Blueberries and raspberries
Orsom Lester Vintage Red, Somerset Camembert, Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish
FWIW I'm seeing exactly this for a LHR-JNB in CW in February.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I would really like there to be a "No Seafood"option. I don't mind getting any other meal if seafood is on the main menu.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
What's the point with the pre-order F mains (heritage beef) when you don't get your pre order main meal (got given a J mains stir fry beef)?
When I pointed out their mistake, they try to get my pre ordered mains, but had run out as 1 or 2 other pax change their mine and choose the heritage beef.
ttama likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The cheese is in the post if you look again! It's the last item (I just listed them on one line instead of the MMB pretentious version of one line per piece of cheese!)

Definitely not a CW menu - those do not have monkfish nor main course salads any more!

PS: the last option has now appeared - Veal Milanese. Love the thought but don't trust it on a plane so I think I'll stick to the monkfish hoping that it proves good...
Would love to see that on my flight/ Or even better, reheat friendly osso bucco
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Lgwfan
CW Menu for Gatwick - Barbados Feb 19, assuming the inclusion of soup as a starter indicates new style catering ?

Starters

• Cirtus Poached Prawns with Rocket & Pesto Salad with Gremolata Dressing
  • Cheese Stuffed Mini Pepper with Boccocini Balls and Asparagus
  • Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Chive crème fraiche & roasted coriander pinenuts
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with Dressing

Main

• Marinated Massamon Chicken with Jasime Rice & Pak Choi
  • Seared British Fillet Steak with Porcini Herb Crumb, Dauphinoise Potato & Riggwelter Yorkshire Ale Jus
  • Fresh Spaghettti with Puttanesca Sauce

Dessert

• Stawberry & white Chocolate Delice
  • Selection of Fresh Seasonal Berries
  • Sticky Banana Pudding with Crème Anglaise
  • Selection of Cheeses - Orson Lester Vitage Red, Somerset Camembert & Fourme D' Ambert with Caramilised Apple Jelly & Thyme Roasted Walnuts
Flying out on the 21st Feb so looking forward to this...
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I will fly to LAX early Feb and the menu is as follows (this is likely the menu for ORD too):

BA269 London to Los Angeles

Starters

· Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée

· Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce

· Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon

· Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

· Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes

· Roasted rack of British lamb with braised neck tagine and Freekeh

· Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket

· Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata

· Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses

Desserts

· Rhubarb and ginger timbale

· Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball

· Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

· Gillot Camembert

· Barbers Sweet Red Leicester

· Stilton

· Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
I've got this menu to Johannesburg in a couple of weeks and considering the Guinea fowl. Has anyone tried it?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Akoz
I would really like there to be a "No Seafood"option. I don't mind getting any other meal if seafood is on the main menu.
I totally agree. There seem to be a lot more dishes with prawns, crab and lobster, which rules them out for me. And a lot more nuts across all the courses, these days. I think they're trying to kill me!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.