Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
On BA57 to JNB in 3 weeks time and unable to select a meal or see a menu. Phoned YouFirst and was told firmly that this was only available two weeks before departure, I said I thought it was 4 weeks or so and was told I was mistaken??
I contacted them by email and they wrote back that there is error with the whole flight and send me the complete menu (and wine menu) by email. Unfortunately they were not able to make pre order too.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Chicago Menu

Hi there..does anyone know the First menu to Chicago in February? Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:35 am

Hi has anyone tried this?

Traditional Chinese soup with roasted duck, vermicelli rice noodles and choy sum

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:45 pm

Views on the following...

I’ve already picked the cod but can obviously change. Don’t fancy beef in the sky, tortellini doesn’t feel like good value and pasta on a plane seems a bit meh. Flying to japan so don’t want Szechuan beef. OH is veggie so will be on the polenta anyway.

Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes

Miso Cod and pork belly with kuwayki sauce

Wild boar tortellini with ratatouille, crispy capers, tarragon and black olives

Crispy polenta, roasted onion squash with parmesan cream buttered spinach and chestnut

Main course salad of sticky Szechuan beef with truffle glass noodles, enoki mushrooms and white sesame seeds
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I like the look of the menu in F to Singapore late February.
BA11 London to Singapore 19:05
See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.
Starters
Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée
Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing
Main
Stir-fried chicken with red peppers, pak choi with fried garlic and steamed rice
Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket
Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata
Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses
Desserts
Rhubarb and ginger timbale
Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball
Vanilla bean ice cream
Cheese Plate
Gillot Camembert
Barbers Sweet Red Leicester
Stilton
Blackstone Vintage Cheddar

Mousse and soup starters and the vegetarian and salad mains look particularly good.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

BA175 London to New York 09:50 in February

Starters

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartar with wasabi coleslaw
  • Spice roasted cauliflower with Beluga lentils, lime cream and fresh mint leaves
  • Sweet potato and coconut soup
  • Smoked red pepper chickpea salad with sun dried tomatoes and hummus crème fraiche served with Lemon Olive oil dressing and yoghurt mint

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Poached Seabass with turned potatoes, seasonal vegetables and grain mustard beurre blanc
  • Braised Welsh lamb shank with roasted potatoes, leek sauce and minted peas
  • Goats cheese cappellacci with grilled Mediterranean vegetables and mushroom panna sauce

Desserts

• Key lime pie new style
  • White chocolate mousse
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Strawberry mango salad
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese, Colston basset stilton and Somerset camembert served with Walnuts and Peach apricot chutney

Will probably go for the lamb shank.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt
Hi there..does anyone know the First menu to Chicago in February? Thanks.
I will fly to LAX early Feb and the menu is as follows (this is likely the menu for ORD too):

BA269 London to Los Angeles

Starters

· Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée

· Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce

· Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon

· Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

· Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes

· Roasted rack of British lamb with braised neck tagine and Freekeh

· Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket

· Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata

· Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses

Desserts

· Rhubarb and ginger timbale

· Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball

· Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

· Gillot Camembert

· Barbers Sweet Red Leicester

· Stilton

· Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Another BA175 CW for Feb 19th

BA175 London to New York 09:50

Starters

• Spice roasted cauliflower with Beluga lentils, lime cream and fresh mint leaves
  • Smoked red pepper chickpea salad with sun dried tomatoes and hummus crème fraiche served with Lemon Olive oil dressing and yoghurt mint

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Poached Seabass with turned potatoes, seasonal vegetables and grain mustard beurre blanc
  • Goats cheese cappellacci with grilled Mediterranean vegetables and mushroom panna sauce

Desserts

• Key lime pie new style
  • White chocolate mousse
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Strawberry mango salad
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese, Colston basset stilton and Somerset camembert served with Walnuts and Peach apricot chutney
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by aidy

Starters

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

Desserts

• Key lime pie new style
  • White chocolate mousse
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Strawberry mango salad
(Almost) Identical menu on BA31 LHR-HKG first week of February, with the exception of Chicken with ginger and spring onion, steamed pak choi, carrots and fragrant Jasmine rice instead of the seabass.
aidy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I will fly to LAX early Feb and the menu is as follows (this is likely the menu for ORD too):

BA269 London to Los Angeles

Starters

· Smoked sea trout mousse with Brixham crab and apple purée

· Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble, candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce

· Spiced red lentil soup with crisp maple cured bacon

· Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

· Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes

· Roasted rack of British lamb with braised neck tagine and Freekeh

· Tiger prawn linguine with chilli, tomato, fennel and rocket

· Cep and wild mushroom ragu, crispy pearl barley, yoghurt flat bread and gremolata

· Main course salad of roasted guinea fowl with broccoli and cauliflower cous cous ,fig and pomegranate molasses

Desserts

· Rhubarb and ginger timbale

· Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball

· Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

· Gillot Camembert

· Barbers Sweet Red Leicester

· Stilton

· Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:34 pm

BA273 London to San Diego 13:45 in Feb

Starters

Prawn cocktail with baby gem and Marie rose sauce
Roasted butternut squash and red onion tartlet, Granny Smith apple salad, truffle mayo
Celeriac cream soup with soused black currants
Fresh Seasonal salad of shredded kale, bulgur wheat, pear and pomegranate served with your choice of Honey Mustard Dressing or Creamy tarragon dressing
Main

Seared sea trout, brown shrimp butter, sage and hispy cabbage
Braised Irish Ox cheek, pearl barley and chanterelles risotto and green beans
Stracciatella and black truffle tortelloni with leek velouté
Dessert

Raspberry cremeux
Chocolate & Salted Caramel Millie Feuille
Black cherry frangipane with vanilla crème anglaise
Blueberries and raspberries
Orsom Lester Vintage Red,Somerset Camembert,Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish

As as a non cheese eater I have to say the above options aren’t inspiring for a winter flight of that duration. Some of the other menus shown look really appetising.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Elegance645

Starters

Roasted butternut squash and red onion tartlet, Granny Smith apple salad, truffle mayo
Fresh Seasonal salad of shredded kale, bulgur wheat, pear and pomegranate served with your choice of Honey Mustard Dressing or Creamy tarragon dressing
Main

Dessert

Raspberry cremeux
Orsom Lester Vintage Red,Somerset Camembert,Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish

As as a non cheese eater I have to say the above options aren’t inspiring for a winter flight of that duration. Some of the other menus shown look really appetising.
Apart from the pasta, possibly the risotto, i don’t really see many dishes with cheese in that menu. Am I missing something obvious?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by Elegance645

Starters

Main

Dessert

Raspberry cremeux

I don't find it very appealing, possibly because it seems to be very low on meat and very high on trendy vegetarian options . After ruling out the dishes that have prawns/shrimps (due to allergies) the starters look very off-putting. And although I'm a keen carnivore I find ox cheek is too glutiinous.

Is it too much to ask for some decent comfort food, instead of pomegranate, kale, celeriac and buttenut squash? What about a nice steak and kidney pudding or a decent game pie?
I do approve of the puddings though, especially the simple plate of berries.
Elegance645 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by aidy

Starters

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

Desserts

• Key lime pie new style
  • White chocolate mousse
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Strawberry mango salad
What on earth is BA trying to do with their starters? Would it kill them to offer some meat? A good pate or some charcuterie?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The starters look great to me.
Gastrocnemius and AnaTravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.