Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by smokie36
Looks to be a cheese missing as well.

Seems more like a CW offering beyond the starters.
The cheese is in the post if you look again! It's the last item (I just listed them on one line instead of the MMB pretentious version of one line per piece of cheese!)

Definitely not a CW menu - those do not have monkfish nor main course salads any more!

PS: the last option has now appeared - Veal Milanese. Love the thought but don't trust it on a plane so I think I'll stick to the monkfish hoping that it proves good...
smokie36 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:12 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
What's the situation with pre-ordered vegetarian meals these days? If you request the standard vegetarian special meal, do you now receive the vegetarian option from the normal menu, or some random vegetarian slop (as has happened many times in the past!)? I am travelling First from LHR-Shanghai in a few days and just not sure as to whether it is best to just pre-order the vegetarian main meal from the proper menu or to order the vegetarian special meal option. The return is simpler since there is no pre-order option.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire

F menu BA123 London to Doha 19:45

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Mezze plate featuring: Chicken Taouk kebab, Kishk Manakish, Avocado hummus, grilled aubergine pepper salad, kibbet batata and stuffed grapeleaves
  • Cream of Nettle soup with smoked almonds and watercress
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Roasted Arabic spiced neck of lamb with Kouzi Rice, pistachio and pine nuts with green bean tomato stew and lamb pomegranate sauce
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted halibut, pickled wild mushrooms, kohlrabi, apple and sorrel salad with Oscietra cream sauce
  • Main course salad of smoked tuna nicoise, black olive dressing and quails egg

Desserts

• Chocolate Hazelnut Slice & Earl Grey Curd Kit

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Cave Aged Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Is that only for premium economy class or economy class? I am not quite sure if I can ordering a meal or not.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Originally Posted by N830MH
Is that only for premium economy class or economy class? I am not quite sure if I can ordering a meal or not.
pre order is for premium economy or above. Although I think you can pay extra in economy to order ‘better’ meals....
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ethan23
Originally Posted by Royalscot
Main
  • Seared fillet of North Atlantic cod, braised puy lentils and chorizo stew
Has anyone experienced the above mains? This is the choice for our flight to Boston this month and would like to hear some feedback!
FWIW, I've just had an unsolicited post-flight comment about this from someone who says "the best airline meal in a long time, possibly best ever!"
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by CTV
For completeness of the LHR-LAX route in January, here is the CW menu and what a breath of fresh air not to have beef on the menu.

Starters

• Oak smoked Gressingham duck with melon, pomegranate and parsley puree
  • Creamy buratta with orange marmalade, blood orange segments and pumpernickel
  • Cream of white onion soup
  • Fresh salad with quinoa, crunchy pumpkin shavings and preserved lemons served with your choice of Balsamic Dressing or Pesto Dressing

Main

• Seared salmon, cod, scallop and king prawn with fregola and tomato bisque
  • Slow cooked free-range pork belly, crab apple and Cider compote and roasted Winter vegetables
  • Crispy gnocchi and Dorset blue Vinney with cauliflower

Dessert

• Baked chocolate tart
  • Lemon & lime slice
  • Mixed nuts & dulce de leche flan with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar,Cenarth Brie,Stilton served with apricot, walnut, biscuits and Sweet apple Croxton chutney
This is the same as my January flight to MIA.
CTV likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Globaliser
FWIW, I've just had an unsolicited post-flight comment about this from someone who says "the best airline meal in a long time, possibly best ever!"
I had that yesterday on my flight from LHR-DXB in Club. It was good, particularly the lentils, but I didn’t think it was outstanding. Small, too (or perhaps I was just particularly hungry!).
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by CTV
For completeness of the LHR-LAX route in January, here is the CW menu and what a breath of fresh air not to have beef on the menu.

Starters

• Oak smoked Gressingham duck with melon, pomegranate and parsley puree
  • Creamy buratta with orange marmalade, blood orange segments and pumpernickel
  • Cream of white onion soup
  • Fresh salad with quinoa, crunchy pumpkin shavings and preserved lemons served with your choice of Balsamic Dressing or Pesto Dressing

Main

• Seared salmon, cod, scallop and king prawn with fregola and tomato bisque
  • Slow cooked free-range pork belly, crab apple and Cider compote and roasted Winter vegetables
  • Crispy gnocchi and Dorset blue Vinney with cauliflower

Dessert

• Baked chocolate tart
  • Lemon & lime slice
  • Mixed nuts & dulce de leche flan with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar,Cenarth Brie,Stilton served with apricot, walnut, biscuits and Sweet apple Croxton chutney
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

This is the same as my January flight to MIA.
And for my LHR-MIA flight on 23 January too. Has anyone tried any of the mains?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by green_tie
And for my LHR-MIA flight on 23 January too. Has anyone tried any of the mains?
I've had the pork belly with crab apple and did not like it much. I would definitely choose the seafood with fregola if it were me!
green_tie likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I can confirm it’s one of the best CW main courses I’ve had for quite a while.

The brownie was also excellent.

The soup was served cold sadly.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Does anyone have a picture of the Venison stew (with or without bullet fragments ?
I would have, if it hadn't been replaced with Turkey
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Menu for F on BA55 last week of January....wild boar tortellini haven't seen on the menu before

In-flight menu

BA55 London to Johannesburg 18:10

Starters

• Rabbit and ham hock terrine, quince and carrot chutney, mustard spiced celeriac puree
  • Warm truffle linguini with chervil crème fraîche and shaved cheese
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted halibut, pickled wild mushrooms, kohlrabi, apple and sorrel salad with Oscietra beurre blanc
  • Wild boar tortellini with ratatouille, crispy capers, tarragon and black olives
  • Crispy polenta, roasted onion squash with parmesan cream buttered spinach and chestnut
  • Main course salad of sticky Szechuan beef with truffle glass noodles, enoki mushrooms and white sesame seeds

Desserts

• Warm Apricot Sponge Pudding
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue

Last edited by ant_west; Dec 24, 2018 at 3:54 pm Reason: add flight class
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:12 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ant_west
Menu for F on BA55 last week of January....wild boar tortellini haven't seen on the menu before

In-flight menu

BA55 London to Johannesburg 18:10

Starters

• Rabbit and ham hock terrine, quince and carrot chutney, mustard spiced celeriac puree

Main

• Roasted halibut, pickled wild mushrooms, kohlrabi, apple and sorrel salad with Oscietra beurre blanc
  • Wild boar tortellini with ratatouille, crispy capers, tarragon and black olives
  • Crispy polenta, roasted onion squash with parmesan cream buttered spinach and chestnut
  • Main course salad of sticky Szechuan beef with truffle glass noodles, enoki mushrooms and white sesame seeds

Desserts

• Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue

CPT on the 11th has the same:

BA43 London to Cape Town 18:15

Starters

Main

Desserts

• Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:40 am

Unable to Pre-Order

Hi Guys,

Travelling on the BA275 in two weeks time and I had originally selected the Pork Belly as a meal, logged in today to check seating and my meal choice has been reset and were it says “unable to proces” when I try to pre-order now. Any thoughts or advice ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.