Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CharlotteC

Sounds delicious - the Granny Smith will add sharpness and will cut through the sweet earthiness of the beetroot... the colour should be super too
I would be tempted too I must say. More generally, it's a nice menu, I like the sound of both the turbot and the canard a l'orange (pedantic hat on -- either call it duck with oranges or canard a l'orange but "duck a l'orange" just sounds like a weird compromise to me!-- pedantic hat off!)
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I would be tempted too I must say. More generally, it's a nice menu, I like the sound of both the turbot and the canard a l'orange (pedantic hat on -- either call it duck with oranges or canard a l'orange but "duck a l'orange" just sounds like a weird compromise to me!-- pedantic hat off!)
Agree. I like all the options. I think it's the soup for me.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

To be honest I’m not impressed by the starters at all. I detest aubergine and the thoughts of cold roasted sweet potato doesn’t fill me with delight either
I am not a fan of aubergine but will probably end up with that as a starter as I like the other ingredients. I agree that cold sweet potato wouldn’t be top of my list.
The mains don’t fill me with joy, just as well my appetite seems to disappear when flying !
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:18 pm

Traditionally though duck a l’orange is good old fashioned franglais name
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CharlotteC

Traditionally though duck a l’orange is good old fashioned franglais name
Fair comment! It sounds very 1970s though, and reminiscent of a time when some restaurants thought that you could cook anything, pile tonnes of butter and garlic into it and call it "French cuisine"
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:46 am

Indeed! When olive oil came from chemists and was used more for sorting out ears than for cooking!
orbitmic and kanderson1965 like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

BA217 London to Washington DC First

Starters
  • Great Glen Scottish cured venison, blackberries with toasted hazelnut and horseradish
  • Wild mushrooms on chargrilled sourdough, cep aioli and flat leaf parsley
  • Roasted beetroot and Granny Smith apple soup with goat's cheese tortellini
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged Balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Gressingham duck ŕ l'Orange, braised chicory and crumbled Blue Monday cheese
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
  • Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki chicken and maple hot mustard dressing

Desserts
  • Millionaire shortbread terrine with almonds and hazelnuts
  • Warm Orchard fruit crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate
Belton Farm Red Fox
Fourme D'Ambert
Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
Normany Camembert
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am beginning to believe I am no longer sophisticated enough to travel in F, as none of the above menu appeals to me at all.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:35 pm

Turbot was pretty terrible. The piece is way too thin to grill, let alone to stand another round of heat in order to warm it up in an oven. The utterly sweet sauce that comes with it was also a pretty bad combo. The fact that it took the crew 2 hours to serve appetizer and a drink did not help either, we were already up in the air for more than 2,5 hours before I even got my main course. Perhaps ok on a daytime flight but definitely not on an overnight LHR-JNB scheduled for departure at 21:10 after another delay of just under 30 mins.
By far the worst F flight I ever had with an absent CSM whilst F was full and was only served by 2 crew members.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

LHR-HKG F, January 2019

Starters:
Loch Fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crčme fraiche, caperberries and cress
Warm asparagus souffle, parmesan cream sauce
Roasted cauliflower soup
Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of French dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main:
Grilled North Atlantic monkfish, aubergine tartare, harissa mint oil
Veal Milanese with rocket and slow roasted tomato salad
Traditional Chinese soup with slow cooked beef, udon noodles and soy egg
Ricotta capelacci tossed in rosemary butter
Main course salad featuring grilled beef brochette, creamy celeriac, grilled red peppers

Desserts:
Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake, warm chocolate sauce
Warm plum tart tatin, vanilla sauce
Vanilla ice cream
Cheese plate (Northumberland oak smoked cheese, Colston basset stilton, Somerset camenbert [sic] )

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 17, 2018 at 3:25 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold

BA247 London to Sao Paulo 21:05 Jan 2019

Starters

• Rabbit and ham hock terrine, quince and carrot chutney, mustard spiced celeriac puree
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Aged Balsamic vinaigrette or Honey mustard dressing dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Gressingham duck ŕ l'Orange, braised chicory and crumbled Blue Monday cheese
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
  • Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki chicken and maple hot mustard dressing

Desserts

• Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB

BA39 London to Beijing 16:25 Jan 2019

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Rabbit and ham hock terrine, quince and carrot chutney, mustard spiced celeriac puree
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Aged Balsamic vinaigrette or Honey mustard dressing

Main

• Beijing chicken with sesame sauce, fried tofu with celery and peppers, egg fried rice
  • Main course salad of Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki prawns and maple hot mustard dressing

Desserts

• Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Normany Camembert
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
BA39 London to Beijing 16:25 Jan 2019

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.
Starters
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Aged Balsamic vinaigrette or Honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Beijing chicken with sesame sauce, fried tofu with celery and peppers, egg fried rice
  • Main course salad of Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki prawns and maple hot mustard dressing
Desserts
  • Vanilla bean ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Normany Camembert
This is the same menu westbound to USA in December, and then LHR to the East in January - that appears on SIN and HKG in Jan. I get board so easily - I can guarantee I will have virtually the same menu several times over the course of a couple of months travelling to the USA and SIN..
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is the same menu westbound to USA in December, and then LHR to the East in January - that appears on SIN and HKG in Jan. I get board so easily - I can guarantee I will have virtually the same menu several times over the course of a couple of months travelling to the USA and SIN..
Not on my flight at least (see post 1600)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Not on my flight at least (see post 1600)
Ah! It is certainly the same for SIN in January (and US in Dec) - my recollection of an earlier post appears to be off - I can't see my HKG menu just yet, I only travel there mid-January, whereas my SIN is early Jan.

Is there a main course option missing from your HKG menu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.