Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by jimlad48
Has anyone tried the Vegetable Korma - got it as an option for my flight to Boston and quite tempted.
I chose that meal on a flight to Boston and thought it was very nice. My wife didn't like it so I had it twice
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by GK1981
I have the same fear. Unfortunately the last time I had beef on BA it had been overcooked and tasted awful(in F!), I don't want to risk that again. The pasta doesn't really appeal either, so I was considering ordering a special meal, but need to find time to look through the various blogs to see what the possible dishes would be.
Just checking to see if you’vd found anything on the blogs or threads. I haven’t.

FWIW, I had my best airplane steak ever last year on BA Club. However, like you my last steak before that was very overcooked.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
BA 213 LHR to BOS, 2 nd October in business:

Starters

Chicken liver parfait with redcurrant jelly and apple chutney
Rosary Ash goat's cheese with baby pear caramelized walnuts and marinated beetroot
Creamy cauliflower soup with pickled girrole and hazelnut salad
Waldorf Salad served with your choice of Balsamic or Pesto dressing
Main

Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Dessert

Toffee apple pecan slice with crème anglaise
Chocolate profiteroles with chocolate sauce
Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
Clementines and Pommegranete
Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuit and fig relish
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA285 LHR to SFO, October 22nd in First. Lots of similarities with other destinations.

Starters

• Chicken liver parfait redcurrant gel and chargrilled ciabatta
  • Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
  • French onion soup with Parmesan cheese twist
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Grilled fillet of Atlantic monkfish and lobster bisque with chargrilled vegetables
  • Slow braised lamb shank with creamed potatoes roasted baby carrot sautéed savoy cabbage
  • Pan fried potato gnocchi and artichoke puree baby vegetables and pine nut cream
  • Main course salad of warm seared seatrout clementine and pomegranate salad with lemon and thyme vinaigrette

Desserts

• Polenta and Olive Oil Cake garnished with crunchy almond granola
  • Warm Blueberry and Nectarine Cinnamon Crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Red Leicester
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TimDP
BA285 LHR to SFO, October 22nd in First. Lots of similarities with other destinations.

Starters

• Chicken liver parfait redcurrant gel and chargrilled ciabatta
  • Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
  • French onion soup with Parmesan cheese twist
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Grilled fillet of Atlantic monkfish and lobster bisque with chargrilled vegetables
  • Slow braised lamb shank with creamed potatoes roasted baby carrot sautéed savoy cabbage
  • Pan fried potato gnocchi and artichoke puree baby vegetables and pine nut cream
  • Main course salad of warm seared seatrout clementine and pomegranate salad with lemon and thyme vinaigrette

Desserts

• Polenta and Olive Oil Cake garnished with crunchy almond granola
  • Warm Blueberry and Nectarine Cinnamon Crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Red Leicester
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Chicken liver parfait, French onion soup, braised lamb shank and warm crumble. Welcome to your BA 1970s retro experience!
LoneGroover, MaxFlyer, GLA and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by chance88088
BA 213 LHR to BOS, 2 nd October in business:

Starters

Chicken liver parfait with redcurrant jelly and apple chutney
Rosary Ash goat's cheese with baby pear caramelized walnuts and marinated beetroot
Creamy cauliflower soup with pickled girrole and hazelnut salad
Waldorf Salad served with your choice of Balsamic or Pesto dressing
Main

Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Dessert

Toffee apple pecan slice with crème anglaise
Chocolate profiteroles with chocolate sauce
Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
Clementines and Pommegranete
Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuit and fig relish
It's beginning to look scary if, like me, you have a severe allergy to walnuts, pecans and waldorfs. Why so many on one menu??
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Chicken liver parfait, French onion soup, braised lamb shank and warm crumble. Welcome to your BA 1970s retro experience!
Well, I'll take 1970's over a menu where I need a dictionary to guess what the food is and how it is cooked...
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:36 am

Flying CW to LAX on Monday and no salmon starter. Best find an appropriate moment to break the news to Mrs M. Lordy
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cw novice
BA0297 LHR-ORD 21/09

Main

• Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with wild mushrooms cherry tomatoes and Roquefort sauce
That cannelloni dish is very very good.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I have an 8am CW flight to Tel Aviv coming up, with the usual uninspiring breakfast options available. Would I be better off ordering a Special Meal? Anyone know what the Kosher breakfast would be like?
  • Mixed grill of veal sausage, scrambled egg, roesti potato cake, grilled vine on tomatoes and fresh asparagus spears
  • Cinnamon porridge with apple compote
  • Scrambled egg with ricotta and spinach, mature cheddar cheese toast, sautéed mushrooms and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Just to offer some feedback, whilst the starter of smoked salmon and avocado mousse was very tasty, i opted for the Scrambled egg with Ricotta and spinach for main, which was revolting. And they should be done under the trade descriptions act for saying there was spinach in it - there was literally one tiny little speck sitting on top.

I do think BA need to do a better job with CW breakfasts, especially when it's the only meal you're getting on the flight. Seems like there's a lot of cost cutting on an early morning flight and they aren't spending what they would on a lunch or dinner meal.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:22 pm

Anyone know if the Main course salad of warm seared seatrout in F is intended as a light option? As a pescatarian I’m tempted but am worried it will just leave me wanting more.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LoneGroover
Anyone know if the Main course salad of warm seared seatrout in F is intended as a light option? As a pescatarian I’m tempted but am worried it will just leave me wanting more.
Whenever I’ve taken the main course salad option I’ve found it to be satisfying.
LoneGroover and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:14 am

I have asked for a vegan meal in First flying in a few weeks.....not sure what I am going to get. Has anyone had any experience of Vegan food in first class?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I’m flying LGW-UVF next month. It’s a 10:05 departure so I’m assuming the main meal will be lunch but what will the second meal be - is it just a snack or a full meal? I know it’s dine on demand but assuming I eat lunch at lunch time (GMT)!

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by annette3366
I have asked for a vegan meal in First flying in a few weeks.....not sure what I am going to get. Has anyone had any experience of Vegan food in first class?
Recently LHR-PHX was a salad, curry and fruit followed by some aubergine in dressing, quinoa and veggies and more fruit for second meal. Return from PHX-LHR is always dissapointing and salad with asparagus, mushroom veggies and ragou cooked to destruction but with a really god chocolate brownie with berries. Return breakfast tends to be fruit and what I think is a dollop of porridge with oats and berries (quite tasty, looks awful). I've found very little variation on this route. I've never had BA miss a meal and generally lounge is pretty decent for self-serve food options (I always manage to grab some cooked breakfast and a curry for lunch). Onboard you will get 1 container of non-dairy butter so use it wisely if you want a second bread roll and one serving of soya milk. If you want more lounge will fill up a container for you to take on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.