Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-JFK BA173 01Sep18
Iberico ham and Manchego, smoked salmon, apple and ginger and roast beef and coleslaw.

Afternoon tea.

Veal Milanese with rocket and slow roasted tomatoes.

Warm asparagus soufflé with Parmesan cream sauce.

Warm plum tart Tatin and custard.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
LHR-SEA early Oct in F.

BA49 London to Seattle

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Chicken liver parfait redcurrant gel and chargrilled ciabatta
  • Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
  • French onion soup with Parmesan cheese twist
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Grilled fillet of Atlantic monkfish and lobster bisque with chargrilled vegetables
  • Slow braised lamb shank with creamed potatoes roasted baby carrot sautéed savoy cabbage
  • Pan fried potato gnocchi and artichoke puree baby vegetables and pine nut cream
  • Main course salad of warm seared seatrout clementine and pomegranate salad with lemon and thyme vinaigrette

Desserts

• Polenta and Olive Oil Cake garnished with crunchy almond granola
  • Warm Blueberry and Nectarine Cinnamon Crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Red Leicester
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Thinking of trying the monkfish, is this new or has anyone had it before?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hmm... that's really weird because it is completely different from the LHR-SIN CW menu I had twice this month! Can you confirm what were your travel dates, as I almost wonder if it was a delayed or early start to the monthly rotation?
Been offline catching up with work. My flight was 28/08.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
Been offline catching up with work. My flight was 28/08.
Thanks! I'll take a wild guess that this may have been the September menu starting a bit early? I had two J to Singapore in August (the last on 22/8) and they had an entirely different (the same for both) menu.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:35 pm

we have the same menu:
BA279 London LHR to San Jose SJC 2nd week Oct in F

Originally Posted by ryan182
LHR-SEA early Oct in F.

BA49 London to Seattle

Starters

• Walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli with goat's cheese crumble candied pumpkin seeds and a pumpkin cream sauce
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Grilled fillet of Atlantic monkfish and lobster bisque with chargrilled vegetables
  • Slow braised lamb shank with creamed potatoes roasted baby carrot sautéed savoy cabbage
  • Pan fried potato gnocchi and artichoke puree baby vegetables and pine nut cream
  • Main course salad of warm seared seatrout clementine and pomegranate salad with lemon and thyme vinaigrette

Desserts

• Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Stilton
Thinking of trying the monkfish, is this new or has anyone had it before?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:01 pm

And nearly identical to the menu to Shanghai early October in F. The only difference seems to be the monkfish replaced by a Chinese duck dish. While it’s nice to see a Chinese dish on a flight to China I’d have liked to try the monkfish too and would have preferred they’d swapped one of the other meat dishes for the duck.

BA169 London to Shanghai 13:40

Starters

• Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or Blue cheese dressing

Main

• Roast duck in soy and shao xing wine sauce with stir fried Chinese greens shiitaki mushrooms and steamed rice

Desserts

• Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Stilton
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have an 8am CW flight to Tel Aviv coming up, with the usual uninspiring breakfast options available. Would I be better off ordering a Special Meal? Anyone know what the Kosher breakfast would be like?
  • Mixed grill of veal sausage, scrambled egg, roesti potato cake, grilled vine on tomatoes and fresh asparagus spears
  • Cinnamon porridge with apple compote
  • Scrambled egg with ricotta and spinach, mature cheddar cheese toast, sautéed mushrooms and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
BA193 LHR-DFW Club world 11/10/2018
  • Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
  • Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
  • Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Guess it'll be the pork then
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:47 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Anyone got a menu for F to ORD in October? I just realised this route is catered by Do & Co so looking forward to it now! Does it tend to be the same as the JFK menu?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GLA
Anyone got a menu for F to ORD in October? I just realised this route is catered by Do & Co so looking forward to it now! Does it tend to be the same as the JFK menu?
Nope to my knowledge, only JFK gets the excellent JFK menus.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by GK1981
BA193 LHR-DFW Club world 11/10/2018
  • Seared fillet of British beef mustard and parsley mash baby carrots and roast garlic jus
  • Glazed British pork belly with parmentier potato caramelized apple and bourbon sauce
  • Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout roasted salsify and grilled artichokes
Guess it'll be the pork then
I have this same menu to choose from on an upcoming flight. Any suggestions? I'm always worried that pork belly will be a big slab of fat.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:42 am

BA0297 LHR-ORD 21/09

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef with potato dauphinoise honey roasted butternut squash and peppercorn jus
  • Roast breast of guinea fowl with potato fondant grilled baby leek and Madeira rosemary sauce
  • Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with wild mushrooms cherry tomatoes and Roquefort sauce
Has anyone had the guinea fowl, seems like it may be better than the beef, although I like the sound of the the veg and sauce with the beef.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
I have this same menu to choose from on an upcoming flight. Any suggestions? I'm always worried that pork belly will be a big slab of fat.
I have the same fear. Unfortunately the last time I had beef on BA it had been overcooked and tasted awful(in F!), I don't want to risk that again. The pasta doesn't really appeal either, so I was considering ordering a special meal, but need to find time to look through the various blogs to see what the possible dishes would be.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Has anyone tried the Vegetable Korma - got it as an option for my flight to Boston and quite tempted.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimlad48
Has anyone tried the Vegetable Korma - got it as an option for my flight to Boston and quite tempted.
Mrs Gomac has picked it for a flight on Saturday so I can get a pic for you and let you know. I was tempted with it myself.
jimlad48 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.