Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by scillyisles
The 3rd main course looks to me like Shepherds Pie.
Probably is but they couldn’t feature shepherds twice on the menu. CWS gets enough airtime on here as it is
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
One of my favourite restaurant meals was a Lancashire Hotpot at The Ritz. Keep an open mind.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Hello

First First next week to JFK. These are the choices...any recommendations?

Can't see to post a pic (newbie) but let's try a copy and paste:

Braised Welsh lamb shank, celeriac mousseline, rosemary jus

Grilled Dover sole, lemon butter, fresh asparagus and smoked tomatoes

Chicken supreme Kashmiri style, mango pilaf and broccoli saag

Handmade mozzarella ravioli, rucola, slow roasted tomatoes

Main course salad featuring fillet of Loch Fyne salmon and cauliflower tabouleh

Thanks!

Last edited by jdsworld; Aug 20, 2018 at 7:08 am Reason: Issues with attachment
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
LHR-LAS CW Main next month - thoroughly miserable

Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto

Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut
We had two of the three on yesterday's BA49 (LHR-SEA). The Cod was just a little overcooked, but otherwise fine, with the fennel and risotto being pretty good. Mrs. greg5 gave me a nibble of her tortellini, which was probably the best option of the three, as it was really quite nice.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: AA PPro
Any thoughts on this menu coming up in September?

BA208 First MIA-LHR:

STARTERS
  • Seared scallops with carrot and ginger purée, aubergine caviar and Espelette spiced courgette
  • Artichoke, truffle and potato salad with quail egg and pickled mushroom
  • Spiced butternut squash soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and a light curry oil
  • Fresh salad leaves with your choice of creamy pesto dressing or balsamic vinaigrette
MAIN COURSES
  • Seared fillet of Midwestern grass-fed beef with mushroom ragoűt, creamed potato, garlic confit and Bordelaise sauce
  • Herb roasted monkfish with baby leeks, tagliatelle and lemon and ginger sauce
  • Chicken and mushroom pie, roasted fingerling potatoes,roasted parsnips and chicken jus
  • Orecchiette pasta with pea, tomato fricassée and Parmesan and rocket salad
  • Main course salad featuring smoked salmon with poached hen’s egg, warm buttered new potatoes and Hollandaise sauce
DESSERTS
  • Belgian chocolate cheesecake with mascarpone cream
  • Hot lemon pudding with lemon syrup
  • Ice cream
CHEESE PLATE
  • Buttermilk Blue
  • Bucheron
  • Reading

BREAKFAST:
  • Traditional English breakfast
  • Mushroom, cheese, and sausage frittata
  • Sweet mascarpone Fresh toast with berry compote
I am thinking of the Scallop, Chicken Pie (normally I would do beef but you people have scared me? I was quite pleased by the CW beef main I had in WTP some years ago), and the lemon pudding sounds interesting, English breakfast. My wife is looking at the soup, pasta, and cheesecake, French toast for breakfast.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
First Menu August, likely to choose the chicken burger.

BA67 London to Philadelphia 12:40

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Poached baby pear in sauternes with fresh honeycomb, Cashel blue cheese dressing and pecan nuts

Main

• Cajun fried chicken burger with chips, Louisiana cheese sauce, tomato relish and onion rings

Desserts

• Warm Infused Lemon and almond Semolina Sponge Pudding

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
Close
In case it helps some photos to go with the food as described by BA above. The chips were better than a lot of restaurants I've been too but not something I think wow must recommend

Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Miles
First - LHR-SEA Late September

STARTERS
  • Seared Hand Dived scallops sweetcorn purée with smoked paprika and corn bread
  • Baked herb crusted Camembert pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Curried parsnip soup with parsnip crisp
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing
  • MAINS
  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass crushed ratte potatoes sauteed girolles and chive butter sauce
  • Slow braised Suffolk pork cheek, celeriac puree, buttered kale and red wine jus
  • Vegetable korma with jeera pilau bhaji and naan bread
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg
  • PUDDING
  • Blackforest cylinders dusted with almonds
  • Warm toffee apple bread and butter pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream
  • CHEESE
  • Cenarth Brie
  • Cave Aged Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by rcgosling
First - LHR-SEA Late September

STARTERS
  • Seared Hand Dived scallops sweetcorn purée with smoked paprika and corn bread
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing
  • MAINS
  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass crushed ratte potatoes sauteed girolles and chive butter sauce
  • Slow braised Suffolk pork cheek, celeriac puree, buttered kale and red wine jus
  • Vegetable korma with jeera pilau bhaji and naan bread
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg
  • PUDDING
  • Vanilla bean ice cream
  • CHEESE
  • Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue
Mine’s depressingly similar to KUL in a few weeks. From photos above the poached pear starter looks good but I’m more of a scallop man. For mains are you thinking the beef and hope for it to turn out OK?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
First - LHR-JFK - BA175 - late September

Starters

• Seared king prawns bloody Mary cocktail, celery and olives
  • Warm asparagus soufflé parmesan cream sauce
  • Roasted cauliflower soup with cauliflower and green beans
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of cocktail sauce with horseradish or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main

• Grilled North Atlantic monkfish, aubergine tartare, harissa mint oil
  • Veal Milanese with rocket and slow roasted tomato salad
  • Savoury pie with minced Welsh lamb, mashed potato, roasted baby carrots
  • Ricotta capelacci tossed in rosemary butter
  • Main course salad featuring grilled beef brochette, creamy celeriac, grilled red peppers

Desserts

• Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake, warm chocolate sauce
  • Warm plum tart tatin vanilla sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Vintage West Country cheddar
  • Double Gloucester
  • Shepherds Purse Yorkshire blue cheese
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

First - LHR to Abu Dhabi September

Starters

• Mezze plate featuring Lamb kofta Bourak cheese with butter bean tomato salad minted beetroot grilled aubergine labneh with pine nuts and sweet potato kibbe

Main

• Grilled chicken in dakous sauce roasted vegetables Freekeh and grilled baby courgette
  • Vegetable korma with jeera pilau, bhaji and naan bread

Desserts

• Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Cenarth Brie
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue

Any experiences with a curry in First?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gomac

Any experiences with a curry in First?

Yes, I've had one and it's been a good choice
Gomac likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My LHR-SIN J menu is distinctedly unimpressive, especially the main. Has anyone tried the pork belly with soy and ginger sauce (I remember there was a chicken with the same on a past flight but did not have it) and/or the asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce (I'm worried about something very creamy). The third option is seared beef fillet which is always a bit of a risk... Thanks!
Since no one had an opinion on the pork belly and it is a dish that comes pretty often on the menu to SIN and KUL in both J and F (or its cousin, the chicken prepared in the exact same way, also mentioned many times in this thread) I thought I'd get back to the distinguished thread members on this!

I had the pork belly and thought it was a generally good choice. The meat was very fragrant and the rice was good. The broccoli and enoki were uninteresting. One thing to note was that as the meat is braised, it retains all of its fat, so anyone who does not like fat in meat (obviously, pork belly is a very fat cup, and often "dried" or crisped to make it more pleasant) will not like this dish and should probably not order it. Basically, if you don't tend to eat the fact in bacon or ham, this is probably not a good choice for you!

I saw the asparagus pasta and it looked quite nice with a bright green sauce. I also saw the beef fillet which looked its usual miserable self.

Among the starters, the tomato mozzarella was actually very good with true heirloom tomatoes some with taste, and the sweetcorn soup was nice too.

For those interested, on the way back from SIN, the starters were king prawns with Israeli couscous (very good), small salad or carrot soup. Mains were grilled snapper with tarragon cream roasted fingerling potatoes and vegetables, chicken breast with pad thai sauce and steamed rice, or mushroom pasta. I had the fish though asked it without sauce (cream sauce on fish doesn't do it for me, wish BA would carry lemon wedges instead of just slices) and it was nice.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
First - LHR-HKG - BA31 Late September

Starters

• Warm seared Scottish scallops with apple & walnut dressing
  • Aubergine filled with yam mushroom carrot & celery Szechuan tomato sauce
  • Celeriac and Granny apple soup horseradish crčme fraiche
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of mustard dressing or creamy basil dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Heritage black beef confit potato grilled carrot courgette tenderstem broccoli and British wild mushroom sauce
  • Seared Isle of Skye salmon fillet tenderstem broccoli herb crushed potato & sauce vierge
  • Wonton soup with char siu pork, pork dumplings noodles and pak choi
  • Asparagus and cheese tortelloni with chargrilled baby gem letuce raddichio and a lemon caper cream
  • Lemon poached Atlantic prawns, cos lettuce and Heirloom tomato salad with sweet brandy dressing

Desserts

• Wildberry trifle
  • Chocolate orange croissant pudding
  • A selection of fresh seasonal fruit

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Shropshire Blue
  • Abbots Choice Cheddar
  • Shar Brie
None of the main courses particularly excite me on this menu; has anyone tried the Wonton soup?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum
LHR HKG late September J

Starters
  • Smoked breast of Gressingham duck with plum & ginger chutney radish and crispy shallot
  • Beancurd roll filled with oyster mushroom green bean & carrot with grilled king oyster mushroom soy & sesame dressing
  • Butternut squash and rosemary soup with a orange creme fraiche and toasted pumpkin seed
Salad
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of mustard dressing or creamy basil dressing
Main
  • Pork rib jin-du sauce with egg fried rice Kailan sugar snap peas and carrot
  • Seared fillet of West country beef smoked mashed potato braised savoy cabbage carrot and red wine jus
  • Butternut squash risotto roasted squash pumpkin seeds and an orange and hazelnut butter
I know beef is a tough choice, but I don't really like pork. Any thoughts on the menu and/or recommendations?

Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Ask for a 2nd/ 3rd duck breast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.