Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any September F menus yet?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have managed to select my main course online for a trip from LHR to PHX early September. However it is not possible to select starters or desserts online. Does anyone know what the starters and desserts will be on this route?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold

LHR-JFK 1st Sep in F.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:58 am

Thanks craigdthomas looks like a great F menu. Hopefully will be similar for my Abu Dhabi flight in September.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:57 am

Not sure what to order for my upcoming F to Boston.. any recommendations? Nothing takes my fancy...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: Skywards, British Airways Executive Club
Talking

BA 227 - LHR X ATL - First -Early September

same menu as above, I’m liking a number of the meals on offer but find myself leaning towards the beef (despite all of the warnings on FT )
STARTERS
  • Seared Hand Dived scallops sweetcorn purée with smoked paprika and corn bread
  • Baked herb crusted Camembert pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Curried parsnip soup with parsnip crisp
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing
  • MAINS
  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Roasted fillet of stone bass crushed ratte potatoes sauteed girolles and chive butter sauce
  • Slow braised Suffolk pork cheek, celeriac puree, buttered kale and red wine jus
  • Vegetable korma with jeera pilau bhaji and naan bread
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg
  • PUDDING
  • Blackforest cylinders dusted with almonds
  • Warm toffee apple bread and butter pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream
  • CHEESE
  • Cenarth Brie
  • Cave Aged Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Shropshire blue

Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

In what way was it disgusting?
Tasted like 6-week-old warmed-over meatloaf. Bun was stale. Gagged after one bite and couldn't face anything more. (Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the food to be very good, but this was well below my low expectations.)
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My LHR-SIN J menu is distinctedly unimpressive, especially the main. Has anyone tried the pork belly with soy and ginger sauce (I remember there was a chicken with the same on a past flight but did not have it) and/or the asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce (I'm worried about something very creamy). The third option is seared beef fillet which is always a bit of a risk... Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Gomac
Thanks craigdthomas looks like a great F menu. Hopefully will be similar for my Abu Dhabi flight in September.
Unfortunately it's unlikely to be similar as JFK gets a different F menu to other routes on account of the DO & CO catering.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:03 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
LGW TO BGI F

Seared heritage black fillet steak wrapped with prosciutto ham with rosemary scented La ratta potatoes

Caramelised garlic & thyme scented sea trout with a pearl barley spring onion and tomatoe ragu

Thai style chicken curry with coriander jasmine rice & Choi sum cabbage

Fresh macaroni pasta with sautéed wild mushrooms & creamed parmesan veloute

Light and dark quinoa and crumbled goats cheese salad with warmed cumin & coriander scented salmon

Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Unfortunately it's unlikely to be similar as JFK gets a different F menu to other routes on account of the DO & CO catering.
Ah I that’s a shame
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Deleted, just read the thread and noticed my September LHR - PEK in F is pretty much identical to the one Rookersa already posted save for a different fish starter.

Last edited by stuart_f; Aug 14, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My LHR-SIN J menu is distinctedly unimpressive, especially the main. Has anyone tried the pork belly with soy and ginger sauce (I remember there was a chicken with the same on a past flight but did not have it) and/or the asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce (I'm worried about something very creamy). The third option is seared beef fillet which is always a bit of a risk... Thanks!
Sorry to bump this - anyone to guide my choice?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:55 am

LHR-JFK F September
Starters

• Seared king prawns bloody Mary cocktail, celery and olives
  • Warm asparagus soufflé parmesan cream sauce
  • Roasted cauliflower soup with cauliflower and green beans
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of cocktail sauce with horseradish or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main

• Grilled North Atlantic monkfish, aubergine tartare, harissa mint oil
  • Veal Milanese with rocket and slow roasted tomato salad
  • Savoury pie with minced Welsh lamb, mashed potato, roasted baby carrots
  • Ricotta capelacci tossed in rosemary butter
  • Main course salad featuring grilled beef brochette, creamy celeriac, grilled red peppers

Desserts

• Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake, warm chocolate sauce
  • Warm plum tart tatin vanilla sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Vintage West Country cheddar
  • Double Gloucester
  • Shepherds Purse Yorkshire blue cheese

The 3rd main course looks to me like Shepherds Pie.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scillyisles
The 3rd main course looks to me like Shepherds Pie.

I interpret that to be a pastry pie with mashed potato as an accompaniment rather than a pie with a mashed potato topping, but could be wrong. Neither should be anywhere near an F menu as far as I'm concerned - the entire description sounds like something you might get in a plastic tray in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.