Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
LHR-LAS CW Main next month - thoroughly miserable

Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto

Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut
Cod and tortellini are good for me.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond

BA173 London to New York 11:20 - August

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• King prawns, hummus, black olive tapenade
  • Heritage tomato salad, buffalo mozzarella and avocado
  • Roasted cauliflower soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad Feta cherry tomatoes olives served with balsamic olive oil or creamy tarragon dressing dressing

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Seared Stonebass, lemon butter, Nicoise vegetables
  • Braised beef shortrib, caf de Paris gnocchi, broccolini
  • Ricotta cappelaci, sauteed mushrooms, sun-dried cherry tomatoes
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
LHR-LAS CW Main next month - thoroughly miserable

Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto

Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut
Same for LHR-PHL CW next week, and I too wasn't thrilled when I saw the available options.
Usually I would chose the fish, but in this case I don't like the sides. I will have to take my chances with the beef...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
LHR/JNB BA55 29/8/18 First:

Any one tried the Burger!?

Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Caf de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes

Baked halibut and fresh linguini in a chive and caper butter sauce

Cajun fried chicken burger with chips, Louisiana cheese sauce, tomato relish and onion rings

Lemon and ricotta tortellini, violet glazed artichoke, shaved summer truffle with cream of leek

Main course salad of black olive marinated tuna with Nicoise salad and warm herbed new baby potatoes

Order when I get on board
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Same for LHR-PHL CW next week, and I too wasn't thrilled when I saw the available options.
Usually I would chose the fish, but in this case I don't like the sides. I will have to take my chances with the beef...
Same for me to YUL, might just decide onboard.

Has anyone had any luck with non-cremated beef on the 787s? Wonder if the ovens are any more forgiving.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:20 pm

BA217 London to Washington DC 11:00 -- 12 August

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella and basil marinated heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn soup with piquillo pepper
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

• Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
  • Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut

Dessert

• Flourless orange almond and blackcurrant slice served with a vanilla cream and candied hazelnut
  • Chocolate salt caramel Mille Feuille, burnt honey comb cream
  • Raspberry and almond frangipane tart, vanilla sauce
  • Strawberries
  • Belton Farm Red Fox Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and quince jelly
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Quick question hoping someone can answer. I'm booked on BA15 all the way to SYD and am unable to see the meal choice for LHR-SIN. Is this a common issue due to the LHR-SIN-SYD or does would this be the notorious BA IT. I have normally flown into BNE on QF or PER on CX.

If this is the BA IT does anyone have the LHR-SIN CW menu for August?

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by billlumberghdca

BA217 London to Washington DC 11:00 -- 12 August

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella and basil marinated heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn soup with piquillo pepper
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

• Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet with braised fennel, pea and courgette risotto
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Lyonnaise potatoes with chestnut mushrooms and grilled tomato
  • Asparagus tortellini with asparagus sauce and roasted pecan nut

Dessert

• Flourless orange almond and blackcurrant slice served with a vanilla cream and candied hazelnut
  • Chocolate salt caramel Mille Feuille, burnt honey comb cream
  • Raspberry and almond frangipane tart, vanilla sauce
  • Strawberries
  • Belton Farm Red Fox Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and quince jelly
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum billumberghdca! And extra brownie points for making your entrance by contributing info to others! Hope you'll enjoy your time here and also that you'll enjoy your flight!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
First Menu August, likely to choose the chicken burger.

BA67 London to Philadelphia 12:40

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • Poached baby pear in sauternes with fresh honeycomb, Cashel blue cheese dressing and pecan nuts
  • Asparagus soup with pecorino and chervil
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Caf de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Baked halibut and fresh linguini in a chive and caper butter sauce
  • Cajun fried chicken burger with chips, Louisiana cheese sauce, tomato relish and onion rings
  • Lemon and ricotta tortellini, violet glazed artichoke, shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of black olive marinated tuna with Nicoise salad and warm herbed new baby potatoes

Desserts

• Chocolate Mille Feuille
  • Warm Infused Lemon and almond Semolina Sponge Pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
Close
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver

BA11 London to Singapore 19:55 - September 2018 - Club World Menu

Starters
Scottish smoked salmon with Burford hens egg shallots dill crme fraiche and pumpernickel
Fig and blue cheese tart with caramelized walnuts and red onion chutney
Creamy celeriac soup with pine nuts and chives
Superfood Salad served with your choice of damson dressing or creamy ranch dressing
Main
Stir fried prawns in pumpkin and sweet corn sauce garlic scented broccoli and cauliflower with steamed rice
Roast breast of guinea fowl with potato fondant grilled baby leek and Madeira rosemary sauce
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with wild mushrooms cherry tomatoes and Roquefort sauce
Dessert
Lemon Fondant topped with pistachio crme anglaise
Chocolate salted mille feuille with mascarpone creamWarm chocolate almond and butterscotch sponge pudding with crme anglaise
Clementines and Pommegranete
Butlers Secret Cheddar Cenarth Brie Stilton served with apricot walnut biscuits and sweet apple croxton chutney
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Diver Boy
First Menu August, likely to choose the chicken burger.

BA67 London to Philadelphia 12:40

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • Poached baby pear in sauternes with fresh honeycomb, Cashel blue cheese dressing and pecan nuts
  • Asparagus soup with pecorino and chervil
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic olive oil vinaigrette dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Caf de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Baked halibut and fresh linguini in a chive and caper butter sauce
  • Cajun fried chicken burger with chips, Louisiana cheese sauce, tomato relish and onion rings
  • Lemon and ricotta tortellini, violet glazed artichoke, shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of black olive marinated tuna with Nicoise salad and warm herbed new baby potatoes

Desserts

• Chocolate Mille Feuille
  • Warm Infused Lemon and almond Semolina Sponge Pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
Close
That chicken burger does sound interesting, but I don't think I've ever had french fries on a plane...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ibmman69
That chicken burger does sound interesting, but I don't think I've ever had french fries on a plane...
I have. But I'm not that keen on repeating the experience too soon.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by simonsmith
LHR/JNB BA55 29/8/18 First:

Any one tried the Burger!?
Disgusting. Never again.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chance88088
Disgusting. Never again.
In what way was it disgusting?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

BA175, London LHR to New York JFK, Club World, August 2018

Starters
  • King prawns, hummus, black olive tapenade
  • Heritage tomato salad, buffalo mozzarella and avocado
  • Roasted cauliflower soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad Feta cherry tomatoes olives served with balsamic olive oil or creamy tarragon dressing dressing

Bakery
  • Trio bread roll

Main
  • Seared Stonebass, lemon butter, Nicoise vegetables
  • Braised beef shortrib, caf de Paris gnocchi, broccolini
  • Ricotta cappelaci, sauteed mushrooms, sun-dried cherry tomatoes

Desserts
  • Chocolate delice
  • Fresh seasonal fruit
  • Warm bread and butter pudding, vanilla sauce
  • Strawberry mango macchiato
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese Colston basset stilton Somerset camenbert served with walnuts and fig chutney

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.