Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old May 3, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Virgin Flying Club Red; IHG Spire
BA165 London to Tel Aviv in First

Planning to take advantage of the 'dine when you want' option and gone for the beef filet baguette to have 1 1/2 hours before landing - hopefully will beat my normal Itsu salad in the back when I travel this route because who wants to eat 'brunch' at 9am London / 11am Israel....

BA165 London to Tel Aviv 08:10

Starters

• Fresh orange juice
  • Mango buttermilk smoothie
  • A selection of yoghurts
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Beetroot cured Balik style smoked salmon with horseradish cream
  • A wide selection of breakfast pastries, croissants and rolls

Main

• Mixed grill featuring beef fillet, veal sausage and traditional breakfast accompaniments
  • Ricotta spinach omelette with asparagus, potato roesti, sauted mushrooms and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Chocolate hazelnut French toast with minted raspberries
  • Warm baguette with beef fillet, tomato chilli relish and fresh rocket
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Old May 7, 2018, 4:15 pm
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
Was about to post this for HKG later this month. A disappointing menu for the new service.
Indeed, somewhat underwhelming, I know the wife won't be happy when she sees this!

Anyone thinks the beef is worth a gamble? If not I'll go with the prawns...
Old May 7, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by mrshyt
Indeed, somewhat underwhelming, I know the wife won't be happy when she sees this!

Anyone thinks the beef is worth a gamble? If not I'll go with the prawns...
I'm going for the beef as I don't fancy the prawn dish. I will make sure I eat at LHR before the flight in case the main is boot leather. Unfortunately my flight isn't until the 30th so my feedback is likely to be too late.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
I had "the beef" as a pre-ordered meal in WTP on LHR-SAN last weekend. It was perfectly tender and edible. It's not a steak, but neither is it advertised as one (and I've certainly had far worse meals on BA).

Service-wise the issue was that my pre-ordered meal was delivered long before the trolley service started, so by the time the trolley made its way to my row, I'd eaten most of the items on the tray, and so the crew offered a bread roll to the person next to me (who was served from the trolley), but not myself until I asked for one. Neither did they offer a drink to wash down the now long-finished meal. I'll put most of this down to an inexperienced crew member, but it was exacerbated by the time between the pre-ordered meals were delivered and the start of the trolley service.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
CW LHR-BKK May 2018

Starters
  • Crayfish with bergamot gel and fennel salad
  • Fivemiletown goats cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot

Salad
  • Fresh Spring salad with kohlrabi and green beans

Main
  • Braised British beef with smoked potato fondant, baby carrots, romanesco and Tellichery black pepper sauce
  • Deep fried chicken with fai dang sauce, shimeji mushrooms, carrot, asparagus and steamed rice
  • Yellow Thai curry with patty pans, mangetout and Jasmine rice
  • Chilled main course salad of roasted salmon fillet with Caesar dressed potato salad and Caesar dressing

Dessert
  • Custard tart with strawberry and basil confit
  • Butlers secret cheddar and Cenarth brie served with grapes and biscuits
  • A selection of fresh whole fruit
Old May 8, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Virgin Flying Club Red; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by hb133

Planning to take advantage of the 'dine when you want' option and gone for the beef filet baguette to have 1 1/2 hours before landing - hopefully will beat my normal Itsu salad in the back when I travel this route because who wants to eat 'brunch' at 9am London / 11am Israel....

BA165 London to Tel Aviv 08:10

Starters

• Fresh orange juice
  • Mango buttermilk smoothie
  • A selection of yoghurts
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Beetroot cured Balik style smoked salmon with horseradish cream
  • A wide selection of breakfast pastries, croissants and rolls

Main

• Mixed grill featuring beef fillet, veal sausage and traditional breakfast accompaniments
  • Ricotta spinach omelette with asparagus, potato roesti, sauted mushrooms and oven roasted cherry tomatoes
  • Chocolate hazelnut French toast with minted raspberries
  • Warm baguette with beef fillet, tomato chilli relish and fresh rocket
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Reporting back to say it didn't go entirely to plan... crew were happy to accommodate a meal closer to arrival (and indeed checked arrival time updates with the flight deck to ensure that sufficient time was given). However, the meal we were presented with didn't correlate with the menu...

The main was delicious although small and as expected but all we were offered apart from the main was a fruit plate as a starter. No pastries / rolls (until promoted then some rolls given); no juices / smoothies / yoghurts; and when I asked for the salmon, the crew sheepishly had to go and find some from club.

All in all, a very underwhelming experience.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Silver

First Menu for June:

BA269 London to Los Angeles 16:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • English asparagus with soft poached quail egg Croxton Manor goat's curd and heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn Velout with crme fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Caf de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet cauliflower pure buttered kale and curried cauliflower bhaji
  • British beef burger with Monterey jack cheese barbeque sauce coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
  • Lemon and Ricotta tortellini violet glazed artichoke shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of mint and yoghurt grilled corn fed chicken and barrel aged feta cheese

Desserts

• Floating Island garnished with candied pistachios
  • Warm chocolate salted caramel sponge pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Tone Red
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Does't strike me as very first class, perhaps slightly more like 'pub grub'?
Old May 9, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
I'm going for the beef as I don't fancy the prawn dish. I will make sure I eat at LHR before the flight in case the main is boot leather. Unfortunately my flight isn't until the 30th so my feedback is likely to be too late.
I've got the same menu for tomorrow's flight on BA31. Still undecided.

Ill post some pics of whatever main I choose to go for.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold
CW, BA173 London to New York 11:20 - mid-June

Starters

• Beef Carpaccio avocado mustard crme fraiche
  • Glazed goat cheese smoked aubergine, moutabel
  • Red lentil soup crme fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad Bocconcini, cherry tomatoes, served with balsamic olive oil and cocktail sauce with horseradish dressing
Bakery
  • Trio bread roll
Main
  • Indian style chicken with pineapple, yoghurt rice, five spiced beetroot
  • Atlantic Seabass roasted seasonal vegetables, lemon butter
  • Spinach and ricotta crespelle, slow roasted tomato sauce
Desserts
  • Fresh strawberries and cream
  • DO and COs chocolate mousse
  • Warm plum tart tatin served with vanilla sauce
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Vintage West Country cheddar, Double Gloucester, Shepherd's Purse Yorkshire blue cheese served with walnuts, peach apricot chutney
Long-time lurker -- and of course my first post is food-related! Pondering the chicken dish but thought I'd check with the experts for recos.

Last edited by kimmy482; May 14, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Old May 15, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC
CW, LHR-SIN-Mid June:

In-flight menu

BA11 London to Singapore 19:55

Starters

• Scottish smoked salmon with fennel salad and seaweed aioli
  • Barrel aged feta watermelon pomegranate with mint and yogurt dressing

Salad

• Fresh Summer salad of fine beans and piquilo pepper

Main

• Braised British beef herb crushed new potato chantenay carrots and tarragon jus
  • Pork belly in ginger and soy sauce broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce and steamed rice
  • Penne pasta with mozzarella in a creamy tomato and mascarpone sauce
  • Main course Nioise salad with seared tiger prawns Burford egg and olive oil dressing

Dessert

• Chocolate and ginger lime pie with Blackcurrent confit
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red and Somerset Camembert served with fig relish and biscuits
  • A selection of fresh whole fruit
Old May 23, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
LHR-IAH, CW, in mid-June. Have to say Im rather impressed with this menu. Will be my first time sampling the new CW service. Any recommendations?

BA195 London to Houston 09:55

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella and basil marinated heirloom tomatoes
  • Pea and mint Velout and pea salad
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef chervil Ratte crushed potatoes heritage carrot and sweet shallot jus
  • Prawns Thai green curry with edamame beans and Jasmine rice
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini summer truffle artichoke in a cream sauce

Dessert

• Chocolate Marquise Crisp with an almond and chocolate base vanilla cream
  • Strawberry pannacotta fresh strawberries mascarpone cream
  • Warm Pear and Almond tart with vanilla crme anglaise
  • Strawberries
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red Somerset Camembert Fourme D'Ambert served with pecan nuts biscuits and fig relish
Old May 23, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by BA0197
LHR-IAH, CW, in mid-June. Have to say Im rather impressed with this menu. Will be my first time sampling the new CW service. Any recommendations?
Whoever put that menu together certainly likes nuts. I'd be faced with a choice of two strawberry desserts, none of which appeals to me.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by BA0197
LHR-SJC in June, the menu looks nice. Will be ordering children meal for our son, but he would be happy with the standard menu puddings. Will the cabin crews let him have one?
Old May 29, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by rontse

LHR-SJC in June, the menu looks nice. Will be ordering children meal for our son, but he would be happy with the standard menu puddings. Will the cabin crews let him have one?
Absolutely, this has never been a problem for me. In fact, with the new service, from what I gather, this will be quite easy when they come around with the desserts cart.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:39 am

Pleased to see some basic food is on the menu for my flight in F to KUL later, this month. Does anyone know if I can request "British beef burger with Monterey jack cheese barbeque sauce coleslaw and spicy potato wedges" without the cheese? I am hoping it is simply placed on top before going in the oven! It was many years ago I last experienced burger and chips on a F trip to SFO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.