Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Originally Posted by surryson
Can vouch highly for the linguine truffle starter. Very, very nice.

Thanks for this tip - both my wife & I loved it! 9/10

Warm linguini with chervil crème fraîche and shaved parmesan

I ordered the beef from that menu, and it was nowhere near the standard of the lamb shank on my last F flight.

The cheek cut tasted odd somehow, and the fillet classic BA over-cooked/dry. I didn’t bother finishing it. Presentation was quite good. 6/10

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes

For dessert we both chose the chocolate cheesecake. It was not very cheesecakey- more a chocolate moose affair. Pleasant enough, though more supermarket premium range than gourmet dining! 7/10

Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake with pistachio and cocoa nibbed tuile

Chocolates were not offered around the cabin of the 787, though I was later handed the whole box (!) of Lauden chocolates when I asked for some after the 2nd “light meal”. The menu states “hotel chocolat”, but I am a fan of the Lauden chocolates personally.

For the 2nd light meal, I ordered the salmon with potato croquette and buttered kale. After a small friendly dispute with the cabin crew member over missing kale (he was convinced the kale was in the creamy sauce with the salmon!), a few minutes later he appeared again with a small plate of kale, claiming to have taken it off one of the other meals (?!). 6.5/10
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
In-flight menu

BA173 London to New York 11:20 - 7 April in WT+

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.
Starter
  • Potato salad in a tomato and paprika dressing
Main
  • Braised British beef with broccoli, cassoulet of beans, carrot balls and rosemary jus
  • Chicken tikka masala and Jeera pilau with tadka dal
Dessert
  • Chocolate Pot

Last edited by Lucanesque; Apr 3, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond

In-flight menu

BA117 London to New York 08:30 - 28 April in F

Starters

• Freshly squeezed orange juice
  • Exotic Multifruit Juice
  • A selection of yoghurts
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • or
  • Balik style smoked salmon with avocado cream and horseradish
  • A wide selection of breakfast pastries and rolls

Main

• Mixed grill featuring beef fillet, pork sausage, crispy pancetta roll and traditional breakfast accompaniments
  • Poached egg Florentine with baby spinach and vine on cherry tomatoes
  • Raspberry filled French toast with apricot ragout and mascarpone
  • Warm baguette with seared beef fillet, whole grain mustard mayonnaise and fresh rocket
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:15 am

BA2039 London to Orlando 13:25 - 3 May in CW

Starters

• Smoked scottish salmon with peat smoked pate & baby watercress
  • Roasted vegetables with whipped goats cheese salad and walnut crumb

Salad

• Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

• Pan seared peppered British fillet steak with crushed potatoes and red wine and pancetta jus
  • Roasted chicken makhanwala with braised coriander rice, buttery tomato sauce & onion bhaji
  • Butternut squash ravioli with a tomato, basil ragout
  • Puy lentil and kale salad with lemon poached prawns

Dessert

• Tiramisu with chocolate sauce
  • Selection of cheeses Cropwell bishop stilton, Somerset camembert & Wookey hole cave aged cheddar with plum jelly & honey scented walnuts
  • A selection of fresh fruit
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Inaugural flight to BNA 4 May CW
BA223 London to Nashville 14:30
Starters
Crayfish with bergamot gel and fennel salad
Fivemiletown goat's cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot
Salad
Fresh Spring salad with kohlrabi and green beans
Main
Braised British beef with smoked potato fondant baby carrots romanesco and Tellichery black pepper sauce
Garlic and black pepper roasted corn fed chicken breast butter roasted new potatoes and a fricassee of the spring vegetables
Yellow Thai curry with patty pans mangetout and Jasmine rice
Chilled main course salad of roasted salmon fillet with Caesar dressed potato salad and Caesar dressing
Dessert
Custard tart with strawberry and basil confit
Butlers secret cheddar and Cenarth brie served with grapes and biscuits
A selection of fresh whole fruit

Last edited by Rubecula; Apr 4, 2018 at 7:43 am Reason: Formatting problems
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Hi all

managed to pre-order my meal for LHR-JFK BA175 in a few weeks but the return isn’t available to do so. Is that because it’s a sleeper service and everyone just gets a standard breakfast? (John F Kennedy (NY) (New York) to Heathrow (London) BA172, 21:00, Wed 02 May 2018)

tnx!
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TPRun
managed to pre-order my meal for LHR-JFK BA175 in a few weeks but the return isn’t available to do so. Is that because it’s a sleeper service and everyone just gets a standard breakfast?
Pre-ordering is only available for flights from London.
LCSinTexas and TPRun like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
LHR-JFK in Club World at the start of April​​​​​​
  • .......​
​​​​
what did you choose in the end? How was it?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by TPRun
​​​​
what did you choose in the end? How was it?

I had the beef and lamb as I didn’t like the sound of the other choices. It was quite nice so I’ll have the same again next week. I wouldn’t put this down as a particularly great menu.
TPRun likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
We appear to be just cutting and pasting the menu from "manage my booking" or whatever it's called. Anyone actually eaten anything recently and got any photos/recommendations? Did you like it? Did you see your seat neighbour order something that looked better/worse? That kind of thing. I only fly on average one long-haul a year in CW, so it's always a fun experience for me to eat what purports to be a proper meal on a plane.

For example, my choices for a flight to HKG are:
  • Seared fillet of West Country Beef, smoked mashed potato, braised savoy cabbage, carrot and red wine jus
  • Pork rib jin du sauce egg fried rice, kai lan & sugar snap peas and carrot
  • Ragu of British mushrooms, Conchiglie pasta and wilted spinach
Ragu of British mushrooms indeed. Made me lol. Anyway, I'm thinking of going for the pork rib as it's the start of my Asia trip. On the way back I'll probably pick something western.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I had the beef with smoked mash and savoy cabbage in the past and it was mediocre at best. I'd go for the pork indeed.
Thanks for the tip. I had the pork and it was tasty. The improved catering on the outbound really showed up the mediocre food on the way back.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
On my recent BA173 flight to New York, I chose the Caramilised Black Cod as my main - it was very tasty and I would have it again. However the star of the show was the Sweetcorn soup - it really was outstanding and I would recommend it if you like sweetcorn!

I am not a fan of the tri bread thing - 2 out of the 3 tasted horrid to me but it was a taste thing rather than any issue with quality - I just didnt like them!

Regards

aks120

adrianlondon and TPRun like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
One thing BA does consistently will IMO is the Soup course.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

I had the beef and lamb as I didn’t like the sound of the other choices. It was quite nice so I’ll have the same again next week. I wouldn’t put this down as a particularly great menu.
Thanks for the tip, from Maidenhead [Berks!]
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
BA105 LHR-DXB April 2018 in F

Starters

• Mezze plate featuring Hummus, lamb kibbeh with pistachio nuts, harissa labneh stuffed red pepper with spinach bil zeit with shawarma wrap and manakish cheese with sesame seeds
  • Spring pea and mint Velouté soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of dijon mustard or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Pan fried cod sayadieh with Arabic fried cod cheek, pumpkin chickpea salouna, sayadieh rice and pine nuts with tahini dressing
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Seared poussin breasts salsa verde, roasted mediterranean vegetables with saffron and pine nut pilaff rice
  • Main course salad of warm seared tiger prawns, tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake with pistachio and cocoa nibbed tuile

Cheese Plate

• Lincolnshire Poacher
  • WensleyDale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:11 pm

BA7 LHR-HND 8 May 2018 in J

Starters

• A selection of Japanese appetisers featuring simmered tofu braised sweet potato bamboo shoot simmered prawn chicken yakitori skewer and smoked salmon sushi
  • Fivemiletown goats cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot

Salad

• Fresh Spring salad with kohlrabi and green beans

Main

• Garlic and black pepper roasted corn fed chicken breast, butter roasted new potatoes and a fricassee of the spring vegetables
  • Grilled fillet of beef with Sukiyaki sauce, cherry blossom rice, daikon radish and carrot flower
  • Japanese vegetable curry with steamed Uonuma Koshihikari rice
  • Chilled main course salad of roasted salmon fillet with Caesar dressed potato salad and Caesar dressing

Dessert

• Custard tart with strawberry and basil confit
  • Butlers secret cheddar and Cenarth brie served with grapes and biscuits
  • A selection of fresh whole fruit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.