Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche

Menu in WTP on a departure to Austin at the end of the month.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
LHR to KUL in F on 28th March:

Starters

• Loch Fyne Kinglas smoked salmon, Oscietra caviar, beetroot pearls and elderflower jelly
  • Warm linguini with chervil crme frache and shaved parmesan
  • Spring pea and mint Velout soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of dijon mustard or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Cashew nut satay chicken with stir fried vegetables and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet and king prawns with caper, tomato vinaigrette, hispi cabbage, saffron potato and cauliflower pure
  • Smoked hummus, goat's cheese and onion parcel, falafel and roasted padron peppers
  • Main course salad of warm seared tiger prawns, tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake with pistachio and cocoa nibbed tuile
  • Warm sticky cherry bread and butter pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Lincolnshire Poacher
  • WensleyDale Blue
  • Camembert Somerset
  • Vintage Gouda
1F
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Gomac

I have the same menu for LAX late March. Also going to go for the lamb but cant find any trip reports or pictures with an F Lamb Shank. Any experiences?

I had the lamb shank and it was really quite tasty. The meat pretty much fell off the bone.

The chocolate beetroot thing was also very nice.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
LHR-JFK in Club World at the start of April

Starters
  • Medley of smoked salmon and prawn mustard crme fraiche
  • Selection of Antipasti buffalo mozzarella, vitello tonnato, bresaola, parmesan and grilled vegetables
  • Sweet corn soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad with beetroot and goat cheese served with Fig and honey vinaigrette or French dressing
Bakery
  • Tribread
Main
  • Beef cheeks and rack of spring lamb aubergines parmigiana, baked new potatoes rosemary jus
  • Caramelised black cod wok fried vegetables, wasabi mousseline
  • Homemade ricotta agnolotti sauted mushrooms, green asparagus, cherry tomatoes
Desserts
  • Panna cotta passion fruit jelly
  • DO & CO s chocolate mousse
  • Baked brioche with apricot confiture
  • Lime marinated strawberries and mangoes
  • Golden Caws Cenarth and Wensleydale blue, Manchego walnuts and grapes garnished with mango chutney
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greg5
I had the lamb shank and it was really quite tasty. The meat pretty much fell off the bone.

The chocolate beetroot thing was also very nice.
Thanks for the recommendation greg5, looking forward to the lamb and might try the strange sounding beetroot desert!
greg5 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
London to Toronto F - 3/4/18
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet and king prawns with caper, tomato vinaigrette, hispi cabbage, saffron potato and cauliflower pure
  • BBQ pulled pork on manoucher bread, crisp bacon with Monterey jack cheese, spiced potato wedges and Moroccan slaw
  • Smoked hummus goats cheese and onion parcel, falafel and roasted padron pepper
  • Main course salad of warm lemon and thyme cornfed chicken, tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

I went for the pulled pork, girlfriend went for the goats cheese parcel and falafel. Will update with how it was after =]
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
LHR - NRT - CW - 17 March
  • Lemon and thyme roasted corn fed chicken with chervil mash, braised kale, tenderstem broccoli and roast garlic sauce
  • Grilled fillet of beef with Sukiyaki sauce, cherry blossom rice, daikon radish and carrot flower
  • Japanese vegetable curry with steamed Uonuma koshihikari ric
  • Chilled main course salad of seared tiger prawns with potato Caesar salad and Bufford egg
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:52 am

Menu BA35 LHR to MAA 28/3 in J
smoked chicken and roast garlic terrine with piccalilli, quails egg and avocado puree
Dhokla with mint chutney and sambharo
Fresh Spring Salad with Spring Onion and Mange Tout
Chicken Breast with mashed potatoes butternut squash green beans and onion gravy
Shallots cooked with tamarind chilli coconut green beans pea rice and yellow lentils
Lamb cooked with spices served with coconut rice and vegetables cooked in tamarind
main course salad with seared king prawns potato Caesar salad and bufford egg
chocolate orange and almond cake with orange mascarpone cream and cherry compote
Cheddar and Dorset Camembert with spiced apple jelly and biscuits
whole fresh fruit

Methinks it might be the terrine, followed by he lamb and cheese and see if I have some fruit with it? Will almost certainly need a tooth brush at the ready with all the garlic and spring onions...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.

BA31 London to Hong Kong mid March

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Warm seared Scottish scallops with apple & walnut dressing
  • Aubergine filled with yam, mushroom, carrot & celery, Szechuan tomato sauce
  • Celeriac and granny apple soup, horseradish crme fraiche
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of mustard dressing or creamy basil dressing

Main

• Seared Fillet of Heritage black beef, confit potato, grilled carrot, courgette, tenderstem broccoli and British wild mushroom sauce
  • Seared Isle of Skye salmon fillet, tenderstem broccoli, herb crushed potato & sauce vierge
  • Wonton soup with char siu pork, pork dumplings, noodles and pak choi
  • Asparagus and cheese tortelloni, with chargrilled baby gem letuce, raddichio and a lemon caper cream
  • Lemon poached Atlantic prawns, cos lettuce and Heirloom tomato salad with sweet brandy dressing

Desserts

• Wildberry trifle
  • Chocolate orange croissant pudding
  • A selection of fresh seasonal fruit

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Shropshire Blue
  • Abbots choice cheddar
  • Shar Brie

Close
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Of course you can have fresh fruit with your cheese.
It looks like one of the main courses is missing, I can only see three and the vegetarian one is missing?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:01 am

Thank you; they are all on there the vegetarian one is the tamarind shallots with beans rice and lentils.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
To update from above - the mains are now available to pre-order for 26 March in F - IT issues magically resolved!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:10 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lostinlondon

BA293 London to Washington DC (CW)

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Smoked garlic and herb chicken terrine with chantenay carrots, red wine jelly, puffed kasha and golden raisin pure
  • Barbers cheddar brulee with Waldorf salad, roasted almonds, apple gel and compressed Granny Smith apples
  • Tenderstem broccoli soup with stilton cream
  • Mixed leaves salad with artichoke, pepper drops and mangetout served with your choice of sherry dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Roast cod fillet with salted cod tortellini, baby courgette, spinach and mild chilli scented tomato sauce
  • Braised British beef with Cavolo Nero, baby turnips, smoked fondant potato and ruby port sauce
  • Vegetarian quorn shepherd's pie with roast root vegetables and duchess potatoes

Dessert

• Cookie dough cheesecake with cherry coulis
  • Flourless chocolate tart with chilli chocolate sauce
  • Warm chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crme anglaise
  • Warm pear and almond tart with crme anglaise
  • Bluberries and raspberries
Starter and pudding sound delicious (even if they can't spell blueberries...) but very underwhelmed by the choice of mains. Looks like the beef it is unless anyone has had the shepherd's pie and recommends it.
This is the same menu for my CW flight to YYZ in April. There's no cheese mentioned under desserts -- does that mean there won't be a cheese plate, or just that they didn't mention it on the menu?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ziz
This is the same menu for my CW flight to YYZ in April. There's no cheese mentioned under desserts -- does that mean there won't be a cheese plate, or just that they didn't mention it on the menu?
Good catch. I'll update after the flight (as it's before yours). Am hoping it's just an oversight as I'm not as keen on sweet puddings as I am cheese (though, of course, I'd happily take both).
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:33 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
That's exactly what I was thinking! I always choose the cheese, but looking at these sweets, the cheesecake looks pretty good too, so I might have indulged and had both.
lostinlondon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.