Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Help! Is it a quirk of February being 28 days that I am unable to see menu for flight on 27 March yet? Many thanks
I believe it is. Same thing happened to me for my 14/3 flight this year - similar to last year, so I was prepared.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner

I believe it is. Same thing happened to me for my 14/3 flight this year - similar to last year, so I was prepared.
Thank you will try again on Thursday as it will be 1 March and hopefully all glitsches sorted (or am I being to hopeful!)
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Are the F menu choices for any given month the same for all flights out of LHR to, say, all North American destinations?

GC
Trying to answer my own question, based upon menu's and comments above...
It appears that the menus are the same, at least for the menus posted, plus what we just found for our flight.

Another vote for braised lamb shank. They should be able to keep that nice and tender...(?)

But after several hours in CCR, we'll probably be stuffed.

But... what is "chocolate beetroot"? as a dessert!?
(I thought that was the dreaded vegetable served at summer camp - without any chocolate.)

GC
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Originally Posted by GTR56
I hope it changes for you later in the month as I have this same menu for a mid March flight to JNB.
Unfortunately it hasn’t changed-the menu has now appeared in mmb and it is the same one.

As others have posted here, we’ve both decided we will go for the lamb-not a lover of lamb but it’s the best option.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by CharlotteC

Thank you will try again on Thursday as it will be 1 March and hopefully all glitsches sorted (or am I being to hopeful!)
You should be OK by then, if not the day after - you have some time to decide if there is anything that takes your fancy !
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner

You should be OK by then, if not the day after - you have some time to decide if there is anything that takes your fancy !
My piggy nature comes to the fore!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone tried the Chicken Korma?

BA2159 London to St Lucia - March 2018

Starters
  • Severn and Wye smoked salmon with seasonal beetroot & pickled cucumber
  • Broken goats cheese cashel blue with honeyed walnuts, rocket leaves & creamed truffle crčme fraîche
Salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main
  • Pan seared peppered British fillet steak with olive oil poached la ratta potatoes & bearnaise sauce
  • Roasted korma marinated chicken breast with spring onion khichdi rice
  • Baked macaroni cheese with creamed chive veloute, bocconcini mozzarella balls & sundried cherry tomato
  • Rainbow soba noodle salad topped with miso marinated prawns
Dessert
  • Salted chocolate caramel with caramel sauce
  • Selection of Cheeses Shropshire Blue, Butler's Secret & Kidderton Ash with Quince Jelly
  • A selection of fruit
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
We are on BA2239 LGW to LIM in J, but we are not able to pre-order mains due " to a technical problem, although we can order on board " according to MMB, although special meals can be chosen.

Does anyone have any experience of this and know whether its likely to be rectified prior to departure (28/03/18) ?

Also the long haul return leg is with IB from UIO via MAD to LHR ,all the info is in MMB but I'm not able to order a vegetarian meal for my daughter, should I be able to ?

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Yetak
We are on BA2239 LGW to LIM in J, but we are not able to pre-order mains due " to a technical problem, although we can order on board " according to MMB, although special meals can be chosen.

Does anyone have any experience of this and know whether its likely to be rectified prior to departure (28/03/18) ?

Also the long haul return leg is with IB from UIO via MAD to LHR ,all the info is in MMB but I'm not able to order a vegetarian meal for my daughter, should I be able to ?

Thanks
My booking on 25th March (different route) is showing the same message - "technical problem". Hopefully they'll sort it out well before then!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by steve76
My booking on 25th March (different route) is showing the same message - "technical problem". Hopefully they'll sort it out well before then!
And mine on 26th March - glad to know I'm not alone.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by lostinlondon
And mine on 26th March - glad to know I'm not alone.
Ditto for 28 March! Do any experts know whether this will change or could change before the flight? Do you think this is down to the new Club World service....?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for the replies - Its always good to know when you are not the only one with an issue! Presumably you cant see the menu either ?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:16 am

Thanks for the replies - Its always good to know when you are not the only one with an issue! Presumably you cant see the menu either ?
Nothing at all and have tried on different browsers/mobile (as BA IT really is that bad, sometimes). Don't think it's with the new service as an LGW route is mentioned and mine (IAD) isn't one of the newest rollouts.
Yetak likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:42 am

Indeed! Do any experts know whether this has happened before and whether the issue will resolved to enable us to order food in advance? Thank you
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Same problem here - 26 March in F - hoping it’s the 28 days in Feb issue mentioned above and so will try tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.