Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
T-28 on LHR-SIN in CW and still no option to pre order, message tells you you cannot order until T-30! Has my dinner been enhanced away?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
T-28 on LHR-SIN in CW and still no option to pre order, message tells you you cannot order until T-30! Has my dinner been enhanced away?
I think it may have to do with February having only 28 days. I had this for my upcoming flight to JFK on 14/3 it was T-27 before the prebook option appeared.
I will not bother posting the menu as I posted the same menu in September 17 (and had it again in December). I will be having the artichoke ravioli which is the best of the 3 dishes.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
I ordered the chicken
  • Lemon and thyme roasted corn fed chicken with chervil mash, braised kale, tenderstem broccoli and roast garlic sauce
The consensus here is that the beef is awful. Will report back.
Actually, I've had beef two ways, one awful, one ok. The fillet is terrible - dried out, shoe leather bad. The braised beef, however, is actually not bad. I had it last month in F LHR-SEA and it was quite good. It's a cut of meat and preparation that can withstand whatever the heck they do to it onboard to cook beef to within an inch of its life.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond

In-flight menu

BA11 London to Singapore 19:05

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Severn and Wye mojito cured smoked salmon, black sesame crumble with lime and mint gel
  • Fivemiletown goats cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot

Salad

• Fresh spring salad of shaved radish and spring onion

Main

• Braised British beef with Lyonnaise potatoes, buttered savoy cabbage, chantenay carrots and sherry peppercorn sauce
  • Cashew nut satay chicken with stir fried vegetables and steamed rice
  • Pea asparagus and broad bean risotto with wild mushrooms and barrel aged feta cheese
  • Chilled main course salad of seared tiger prawns with potato Caesar salad and Bufford egg

Dessert

• Lemon and lime slice on a almond base with blackcurrant compote
  • Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie served with Quince Jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of whole fruit

Thanks yes the menu appeared today.
As is the case over the last year DH has a more restricted choice given his allergy to tree nuts. He can chew on the beef. Anyone had the satay as I could be tempted to that?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
I
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Exactly the same as listed for my LHR-DFW F menu 16 Mar. I'm going for the lamb shank unless someone suggests I do not.BA279 London to San Jose (CA) 12:50 - First 7 March

Starters
  • Devon crab salad with compressed apple, citrus segments and warm brown crab toast
  • Warm truffle linguini with chervil crème fraîche and shaved parmesan
  • Spicy lemongrass and butternut squash soup with curry oil and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing
Main
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Butter poached lemon sole fillet and seared red mullet, pak choi and bouillabaisse sauce
  • Braised lamb shank with spring onion mash, roasted root vegetables, tenderstem broccoli and mint jus
  • Tarte tatin of aubergine and barrel aged feta, courgette, sundried tomatoes and onion purée
  • Main course salad of warm poached ham hock, Parma ham with a tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil
LCSinTexas
BA279 London to San Jose (CA) 12:50 - First 7 March

I really hope that this is not going to be the Menu on our 1st First flight LHR-JNB at the end of March.

If it is would I be able to request a Main from the Club menu?

Last edited by simon stingray; Feb 23, 2018 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Exactly the same as listed for my LHR-DFW F menu 16 Mar. I'm going for the lamb shank unless someone suggests I do not.

LCSinTexas
Have the same going to San Diego on the 8th of March, both I and Mrs B are struggling to pick a main course, though she will probably go for the lamb. Not a lover of lamb, fish should be straight off the boat, don't fancy the salad and cheap cuts of beef should be a no-no on a premium service. Leaves me with Tarte Tatin the vegetarian dish, but if you look it up on line only fruit versions are mentioned. I think Lidl have done vegetable version during their French speciality weeks. Looks like I will have to fill up in the CCR. Must say disappointed with the offerings and normally I am not that hard to please even with less choices.
Having problems with my quotes should include the menu to the West Coast

Last edited by BESTEDIFLYER; Feb 25, 2018 at 4:12 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:06 am

Deleted
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:24 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
Have the same going to San Diego on the 8th of March, both I and Mrs B are struggling to pick a main course, though she will probably go for the lamb. Not a lover of lamb, fish should be straight off the boat, don't fancy the salad and cheap cuts of beef should be a no-no on a premium service.
The cheap cut of beef is accompanied by an expensive one. And, on a plane, I would think the braised cheap cut has a better chance of being good than the seared expensive cut.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by obduro

In-flight menu

Starters

• Devon crab salad with compressed apple, citrus segments and warm brown crab toast
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Butter poached lemon sole fillet and seared red mullet, pak choi and bouillabaisse sauce
  • Braised lamb shank with spring onion mash, roasted root vegetables, tenderstem broccoli and mint jus
  • Tarte tatin of aubergine and barrel aged feta, courgette, sundried tomatoes and onion purée
  • Main course salad of warm poached ham hock, Parma ham with a tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate beetroot and pistachio delice
  • Warm rhubarb crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie
Looks lovely ^

(except the watercress )
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
Have the same going to San Diego on the 8th of March, both I and Mrs B are struggling to pick a main course, though she will probably go for the lamb. Not a lover of lamb, fish should be straight off the boat, don't fancy the salad and cheap cuts of beef should be a no-no on a premium service. Leaves me with Tarte Tatin the vegetarian dish, but if you look it up on line only fruit versions are mentioned. I think Lidl have done vegetable version during their French speciality weeks. Looks like I will have to fill up in the CCR. Must say disappointed with the offerings and normally I am not that hard to please even with less choices.
Having problems with my quotes should include the menu to the West Coast
And where do you routinely eat that?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Dad was a skipper on a deep sea trawler the fish he brought home spoiled me for anything else.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by simon stingray
I

I really hope that this is not going to be the Menu on our 1st First flight LHR-JNB at the end of March.

If it is would I be able to request a Main from the Club menu?
I hope it changes for you later in the month as I have this same menu for a mid March flight to JNB.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by obduro

In-flight menu

Starters

Main

• Main course salad of warm poached ham hock, Parma ham with a tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate beetroot and pistachio delice
  • Warm rhubarb crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie
I have the same menu for LAX late March. Also going to go for the lamb but can’t find any trip reports or pictures with an F Lamb Shank. Any experiences?
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Are the F menu choices for any given month the same for all flights out of LHR to, say, all North American destinations?

GC
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:20 am

Help! Is it a quirk of February being 28 days that I am unable to see menu for flight on 27 March yet? Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.