Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you

I didn’t think a date for the LAX had been announced as per my post yesterday, this could be a mistake.
Ah, I sure hope not! In fairness, the routes that got the new concept in February were announced quite late, right? In any case, if anyone else is flying to LAX in the second half of March, they can perhaps confirm their menus and we'll know more.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Checked the wiki, but unable to determine how I find out the whole menu on BA193 (LHR-DFW) in F 16Mar. I know what the mains are that I can chose between, but what about the rest of the menu?
Or, I could just wait 'til I get on the plane, but where is the fun in that

Oh, please disregard - I just found it in MMB!

Y'all have a great weekend!

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Feb 17, 2018 at 8:22 am
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Club

In-flight menu

BA209 London to Miami 14:15 - Club World 10 March

Starters

• Severn and Wye mojito cured smoked salmon, black sesame crumble with lime and mint gel
  • Fivemiletown goats cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot

Salad

• Fresh Spring salad of shaved radish and spring onion

Main

• Braised British beef with Lyonnaise potatoes, buttered savoy cabbage, chantenay carrots and sherry peppercorn sauce
  • Lemon and thyme roasted corn fed chicken with chervil mash, braised kale, tenderstem broccoli and roast garlic sauce
  • Pea asparagus and broad bean risotto with wild mushrooms and barrel aged feta cheese
  • Chilled main course salad of seared tiger prawns with potato Caesar salad and Bufford egg with Caesar dressing

Dessert

• Lemon and lime slice on a almond base with blackcurrant compote
  • Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie served with Quince Jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of whole fruit

Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:38 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-SAN J, March 18 2018

Starters
Crayfish salad with watercress pannacota, bergamot gel and purple potato salad
Rosary Ash goat cheese on a dark rye crouton, rhubarb chutney and candied walnuts
Wild mushroom soup with tarragon cream
Mixed leaves salad with butter beans, balsamic onion and radish salad served with your choice of raspberry dressing or honey and mustard dressing
Main
Chicken tagine lemon and herb couscous, chargrilled courgette and Moroccan Sauce
Braised British short rib of beef with braised pearl barley, baby Leeks, chanterelle carrots and red wine and onion jus
Zitoni pasta in truffle cream sauce with piquillo peppers and roasted cauliflower florets
Dessert
Caramelised orange tart with caramel sauce
Light and dark chocolate cherry delice with cherry coulis
Warm Chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
Bluberries and raspberries
Gillot Camembert Bleu D Auvergne & Cornish Yarg served with grapes, biscuits and apricot chutney
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:48 pm

We appear to be just cutting and pasting the menu from "manage my booking" or whatever it's called. Anyone actually eaten anything recently and got any photos/recommendations? Did you like it? Did you see your seat neighbour order something that looked better/worse? That kind of thing. I only fly on average one long-haul a year in CW, so it's always a fun experience for me to eat what purports to be a proper meal on a plane.

For example, my choices for a flight to HKG are:
  • Seared fillet of West Country Beef, smoked mashed potato, braised savoy cabbage, carrot and red wine jus
  • Pork rib jin du sauce egg fried rice, kai lan & sugar snap peas and carrot
  • Ragu of British mushrooms, Conchiglie pasta and wilted spinach
Ragu of British mushrooms indeed. Made me lol. Anyway, I'm thinking of going for the pork rib as it's the start of my Asia trip. On the way back I'll probably pick something western.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
We appear to be just cutting and pasting the menu from "manage my booking" or whatever it's called. Anyone actually eaten anything recently and got any photos/recommendations? Did you like it? Did you see your seat neighbour order something that looked better/worse? That kind of thing. I only fly on average one long-haul a year in CW, so it's always a fun experience for me to eat what purports to be a proper meal on a plane.

• Seared fillet of West Country Beef, smoked mashed potato, braised savoy cabbage, carrot and red wine jus
Ragu of British mushrooms indeed. Made me lol. Anyway, I'm thinking of going for the pork rib as it's the start of my Asia trip. On the way back I'll probably pick something western.
I had the beef with smoked mash and savoy cabbage in the past and it was mediocre at best. I'd go for the pork indeed.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card

In-flight menu

BA279 London to San Jose (CA) 12:50 - First 7 March

Starters

• Devon crab salad with compressed apple, citrus segments and warm brown crab toast
  • Warm truffle linguini with chervil crème fraîche and shaved parmesan
  • Spicy lemongrass and butternut squash soup with curry oil and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Butter poached lemon sole fillet and seared red mullet, pak choi and bouillabaisse sauce
  • Braised lamb shank with spring onion mash, roasted root vegetables, tenderstem broccoli and mint jus
  • Tarte tatin of aubergine and barrel aged feta, courgette, sundried tomatoes and onion purée
  • Main course salad of warm poached ham hock, Parma ham with a tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate beetroot and pistachio delice
  • Warm rhubarb crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

DELETE (thought the F menu was J!!)

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 21, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
adrianlondon:
I had the beef on my flight to HKG last month and thought it was perfectly fine (although I do like my beef fairly well done) but the presentation was lacking - looked like a school dinner. However my sister had the pork rib and it had better presentation and she said it tasted very good. If I had my time again, I'd have gone for it over the beef.

1F
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:53 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
woop woop!! looks like another 'new concept' albeit with a different menu!! Maybe the whole of California is switching?? ^

PS: really like the sound of the fish dish!
Sadly this isn't a new concept J menu as I have the same menu in First to LAX in a couple of weeks. It actually looks a really appetising menu and i'm going for the fish I think.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CTV
Sadly this isn't a new concept J menu as I have the same menu in First to LAX in a couple of weeks. It actually looks a really appetising menu and i'm going for the fish I think.
Sorry you're right! I thought that this was J!!! shows how new J menus are closer to old style F than old style J!!
CTV likes this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 21, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Red face

Originally Posted by obduro

In-flight menu

BA279 London to San Jose (CA) 12:50 - First 7 March

Starters

• Devon crab salad with compressed apple, citrus segments and warm brown crab toast
  • Warm truffle linguini with chervil crème fraîche and shaved parmesan
  • Spicy lemongrass and butternut squash soup with curry oil and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Butter poached lemon sole fillet and seared red mullet, pak choi and bouillabaisse sauce
  • Braised lamb shank with spring onion mash, roasted root vegetables, tenderstem broccoli and mint jus
  • Tarte tatin of aubergine and barrel aged feta, courgette, sundried tomatoes and onion purée
  • Main course salad of warm poached ham hock, Parma ham with a tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate beetroot and pistachio delice
  • Warm rhubarb crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie
Exactly the same as listed for my LHR-DFW F menu 16 Mar. I'm going for the lamb shank unless someone suggests I do not.

LCSinTexas
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:28 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sorry you're right! I thought that this was J!!! shows how new J menus are closer to old style F than old style J!!
They certainly now look pretty similar. Of course, the proof will be in the eating and I look forward to hearing your experiences with the new concept J!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
LHR-JNB, Club World. March 2018, A380

Starters
  • Severn and Wye mojito cured smoked salmon, black sesame crumble with lime and mint gel
  • Fivemiletown goats cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot
Salad
  • Fresh Spring salad of shaved radish and spring onion
Main
  • Braised British beef with Lyonnaise potatoes, buttered savoy cabbage, chantenay carrots and sherry peppercorn sauce
  • Lemon and thyme roasted corn fed chicken with chervil mash, braised kale, tenderstem broccoli and roast garlic sauce
  • Pea asparagus and broad bean risotto with wild mushrooms and barrel aged feta cheese
  • Chilled main course salad of seared tiger prawns with potato Caesar salad and Bufford egg with Caesar dressing
Dessert
  • Lemon and lime slice on a almond base with blackcurrant compote
  • Ashley Vintage Cheddar and Cotswold Brie served with Quince Jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of whole fruit
Thinking of pre ordering the beef. I'm surprised "malva pudding" is not on the menu. EY,EK, QR makes an attempt to make this remotely South African, this does not.

Last edited by OpenSky; Feb 22, 2018 at 4:54 am
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
I ordered the chicken
The consensus here is that the beef is awful. Will report back.
letsgook likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.