Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC
BA35 London to Chennai January 18 - CW

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Papdi chaat with tamarind chutney
Salad
  • Fresh winter salad of marinated mouli and green beans
Main
  • British rump of lamb in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Vegetable korma and ghee pilau with yam varuval (mixed vegetables cooked in rich cream with ground almonds and spices served with rice cooked in clarified butter roasted yam in spices)
  • Murgh makhan palak and dry fruit and cashew nut pilau with chownki sabji (Chicken cooked in creamy sauce prepared with spinach served with dry fruit and cashew nut pilau rice and mixed vegetables cooked with spices and curry flavours)
  • Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing
Dessert
  • Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit

Last edited by sistergeorge; Jan 2, 2018 at 6:03 am Reason: adding flight class
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
In-flight menu
BA213 London to Boston 23 Jan 17 First

Starters
  • Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing
Main
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing
Desserts
  • Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Blackstick Blue Cheese
  • Le Saint Mont Cheese
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon Cheese
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got no option on my JFK-LHR 6:30pm flight in 2-3 weeks.

Just says:

You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by xenole
I've got no option on my JFK-LHR 6:30pm flight in 2-3 weeks.

Just says:

You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight.
Pre-ordering is only ex-London! It has always been the case!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by obduro
In-flight menu
BA213 London to Boston 23 Jan 17 First

Starters
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion madeleines
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing
Main
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing
Desserts
Cheese Plate
  • Blackstick Blue Cheese
  • Le Saint Mont Cheese
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon Cheese
How frequently do the F dinner menus change?

Thanks!

GC
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose

LGW CW to Caribbean - Feb 18

Starters

• Severn and Wye smoked salmon with seasonal beetroot & pickled cucumber
  • Broken goats cheese cashel blue with honeyed walnuts, rocket leaves & creamed truffle crčme fraîche

Salad

• Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

• Pan seared peppered British fillet steak with olive oil poached la ratta potatoes & bearnaise sauce
  • Roasted korma marinated chicken breast with spring onion khichdi rice
  • Baked macaroni cheese with creamed chive veloute, bocconcini mozzarella balls & sundried cherry tomato
  • Rainbow soba noodle salad topped with miso marinated prawns

Dessert

• Wildberry trifle with berry compote
  • Selection of Cheeses Shropshire Blue, Butler's Secret & Kidderton Ash with Quince Jelly
  • A selection of fruit
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold

BA257 LHR-DEL - First - January 2018

Starters

• Papdi chaat with aloo bonda, hara bahra, vegetable pakora and tamarind chutney

Main

• Roast rump of lamb with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Matar paneer and jeera pilau with tamarind okra (Diced paneer with curried peas, served with cumin flavoured rice and okra cooked in tamarind sauce)
  • Butter chicken with kaali dal and pea pilau (Chicken cooked in rich tomato sauce with butter, almonds and spices served with seasoned black lentils dal and pea pilau)

Desserts

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue
  • Le Saint Mont
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:53 am

On F are all the possible main course options online for preorder or is there the chance of something better on the day ?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
On F are all the possible main course options online for preorder or is there the chance of something better on the day ?
No, what you see is what you get.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if the "Lacto Ovo Vegetarian" special meal is just a normal veggie option? Its what appears in MMB in the special meal section.

CW to LIM in March if that makes a difference .Trying to order for my vegetarian daughter.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
BA95 London to Montreal 16:45 Jan 8th 2018 CW

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Wild mushroom quail egg and artichoke salad with truffle cream and black olive biscotti
Salad
  • Fresh winter salad of marinated mouli and green beans
Main
  • Braised British beef in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Roast corn fed chicken breast with braised cabbage, pancetta, roast potatoes and thyme jus
  • Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce
  • Chilled Main Course Salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing
Dessert
  • Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Close
I went with the salmon and beef from this menu on my JNB flight. Both were perfectly fine without being overly interesting - the beef probably needed more sauce. I was surprised that the crew weren't prioritising orders by status - by the time they got to the rear cabin of the upper deck they were simply telling people that there was only the salmon left for starter - which was fine as that's what I'd wanted so I didn't kick up a fuss. It also took a very long time to start even serving the meal - I think a good 2 hours into the flight, and after more than an hour on the ground while they fixed the entertainment system, that really was a long time when you're keen to get some sleep and it's already midnight when you're getting your starter.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I was surprised that the crew weren't prioritising orders by status - by the time they got to the rear cabin of the upper deck they were simply telling people that there was only the salmon left for starter - which was fine as that's what I'd wanted so I didn't kick up a fuss.
Did you actually get salmon? Last week, someone I know on LHR-JNB was told that it was actually prawns not salmon, although that didn't bother them.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Did you actually get salmon? Last week, someone I know on LHR-JNB was told that it was actually prawns not salmon, although that didn't bother them.
Yes, definitely salmon. Wine's were different to the menu though.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Yes, definitely salmon. Wine's were different to the menu though.
Thanks! Sounds like the catering has been a bit of a magical mystery tour.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
No, what you see is what you get.
yup that’s confirmed looking at the menu today , assumed there was a bigger choice to pre order!

whats the consensus on these options;

Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus

Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce

Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus

Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad

Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.