Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Ziz
Has anyone had the tikka masala? Is it chopped up chicken or a supreme?
Chopped up chicken.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:03 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 0191
Chopped up chicken.
Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Starters
• Severn and Wye cured smoked salmon on wheaten bread with dill and lemon cream cheese and balsamic pearls
• Tomato mozzarella with basil panna cotta, avocado purée, sherry vinegar sponge and tomato jelly

Salad
• Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main
• Seared fillet of British beef with horseradish ratte potatoes, English asparagus, roasted cauliflower and London Porter and thyme sauce
• Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice
• Wild mushroom risotto with summer vegetables
• Chilled main course salad of barbeque marinated prawns, potato and spring onion salad, coleslaw, almonds and sour cream and chive dressing

Dessert
• Lemon raspberry and almond slice with raspberry confit
• Barbers Cheddar and Cropwell Stilton cheeses served with fig relish and biscuits
• A selection of fruit
Originally Posted by TSR2
That's the same as my LHR-GRU at the end of this week. I've gone for the mushroom risotto as I wasn't mad keen on the curry I last had on BA and the beef is always a disappointment.
Originally Posted by Ziz
this is the same menu showing for my LHR-YYZ next month.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I'm surprised as this is the menu for June.
I'm seeing exactly the same thing for my LHR-YYZ on July 1st AND for my LHR-LAX on July 21st.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
BA203 LHR/BOS F Main Course 26 July (Not showing rest of the menu.)

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with chervil ratte potatoes, broad bean purée, sautéed king oyster mushroom, chargrilled spring onions and Bordelaise sauce

Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence

British beef burger with chorizo, guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet potato fries

Risotto primavera with chargrilled baby courgette, parmesan and rocket salad

Main course salad of loch fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

Last edited by madfish; Jun 26, 2017 at 10:46 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:58 am

Menu for CW LGW to PUJ August

Starters
  • Duo of Inverawe smoked gravadlax, trout with celeriac remoulade & Gribiche dressing
  • Tandoori vegetable salad with creamed riata dressing
Salad
Main
  • Seared pepper scented British beef fillet with roasted potato duo & red wine, horseradish jus
  • Seared chicken breast with roasted sweet potato & creamed truffle jus
  • Blanched strozzapreti pasta bound in a spinach, mascarpone & parmesan cream sauce
  • Cumin spiced quinoa and giant couscous superfood salad with spiced prawns
Dessert
  • Lemon and raspberry slice and chocolate chilli tart
  • Selection of cheeses Somerset Camembert, Fourme D' Ambert & Coastal Cheddar with apple jelly, figs and biscuit crackers
  • A selection of fruit
what to choose?!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
BA11 LHR - SIN 4th August 2017

No massive surprises here! This is Club World.

Starters
  • Severn and Wye cured smoked salmon on wheaten bread with dill and lemon cream cheese and balsamic pearls
  • Tomato mozzarella with basil panna cotta, avocado purée, sherry vinegar sponge and tomato jelly

Salad

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef with horseradish ratte potatoes, asparagus, roasted cauliflower and London Porter and thyme sauce
  • Pork belly in ginger and soy sauce, broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce and steamed rice
  • Chilled main course salad of barbeque marinated prawns, potato and spring onion salad, coleslaw, almonds and sour cream and chive dressing

Dessert

• Roasted white chocolate and hazelnut tart with a vanilla & mascarpone cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit

Last edited by choosethedrew; Jul 5, 2017 at 3:14 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by MPH1980
I'm seeing exactly the same thing for my LHR-YYZ on July 1st AND for my LHR-LAX on July 21st.
Aaaaand the same coming up for my LHR-LAS Aug 1st

Mushroom risotto any good?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
Mushroom risotto any good?
It's ok - nothing special of course (unsurprisingly) and the presentation is shocking, but I've had worse vegetarian dishes in CW...

Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
It's ok - nothing special of course (unsurprisingly) and the presentation is shocking, but I've had worse vegetarian dishes in CW...

Thanks, not expecting much. Did have the asparagus risotto a few months back, that was nice, might go for risotto again then.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Has anybody tried the Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence? It's on offer for my upcoming trip on BA53 to SEA. TIA.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We have the same choice for our F flight to SFO next week. Personally I think as a First menu it is unacceptable. Had a mail from QF last week with some offers about QF First and had details of their seven (7) course F dinner menu. BA should rename themselves at Budget Air because that's what you get for your £K's.
Hmmm... This is what turned up for my flight in mid-august:

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with chervil ratte potatoes, broad bean purée, sautéed king oyster mushroom, chargrilled spring onions and Bordelaise sauce

Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence

British beef burger with chorizo, guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet potato fries

Main course salad of Loch Fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

So that's the same menu in F for all of June, all of July and looks like all of August...

I'd be pretty unimpressed if I was a regular traveller... And anyway - A BEEF BURGER? I can get that in Wetherspoons at the terminal, and it'll probably have a chance of being better.

Oh well. At least it'll be better than in Y.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BA, LH
BA 193, LHR to DFW, 15/08/17 J menu

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
No massive surprises here! This is Club World.

Starters

Salad

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef with horseradish ratte potatoes, asparagus, roasted cauliflower and London Porter and thyme sauce
  • Pork belly in ginger and soy sauce, broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce and steamed rice

Dessert

• Roasted white chocolate and hazelnut tart with a vanilla & mascarpone cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Identical to this, except Pork Belly main course option replaced with Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
BA213 LHR-BOS 18/8/17 F menu

Still the same menu from June...

Starters:

Seared scallop with smoked salmon and crab boudin blanc, salsify purée, compressed apple and Thai shallots

Baked Camembert with a garlic and rosemary crust, chargrilled ciabatta with port and pear chutney

Chicken consomme with fresh mushroom tortellini

Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main:

Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence

Main course salad of Loch Fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

Desserts:

Lemon almond and lime galette
Warm chocolate and salted caramel pudding
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate:

Lincolnshire Poacher
Wensley Dale Blue
Camembert Somerset
Vintage Gouda

Last edited by Dino2020; Jul 18, 2017 at 6:39 am
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Dino2020

Starters:

Seared scallop with smoked salmon and crab boudin blanc, salsify purée, compressed apple and Thai shallots

Baked Camembert with a garlic and rosemary crust, chargrilled ciabatta with port and pear chutney

Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main:

Desserts:

Cheese Plate:

Lincolnshire Poacher
Wensley Dale Blue
Camembert Somerset
Vintage Gouda
Same menu as my flight to yyz on 16/7 - I had the risotto and it was very nice
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Has anybody tried the Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence? It's on offer for my upcoming trip on BA53 to SEA. TIA.
Originally Posted by Dino2020

Starters:

Main:

Desserts:

Cheese Plate:

Lincolnshire Poacher
Wensley Dale Blue
Camembert Somerset
Vintage Gouda

I had this menu on a recent flight to GIG. Scallop starter is ok, Stone bass main course did nothing for me. Probably the least good fish I have had in First.

Almand and Lime galette with added vanilla icecream is good. Cheese ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.