Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Had the chicken pie on BA93 to YYZ - although the overall plate for food was really quite tasty to my palate, the chicken itself was really salty.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
In-flight menu

BA31 London to Hong Kong 18:25 30/01/17

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Seared tiger prawns and scallop with umami crumble, Marie rose sauce, avocado purée and cucumber salad
  • Wild mushroom truffle leek and wholegrain mustard tartlet with crisp vegetables and bell pepper dressing
  • Roasted tomato and basil soup with tomberries and basil cress
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Chicken in XO sauce with stir-fried kailan in soy sauce and egg fried rice
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and madeira jus
  • Pork Wonton soup with pak chop, shiitake mushroom and noodles
  • Roasted pumpkin oyster mushroom and parmesan risotto
  • Main course salad of warm sea trout with a celery, hispi cabbage, apple walnut, daikon and sage slaw

Desserts

• Roasted white chocolate cylinder
  • Sticky toffee pudding terrine
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue
  • Le Saint Mont
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon

Last edited by choosethedrew; Jan 1, 2017 at 2:32 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
In-flight menu

BA31 London to Hong Kong 18:25 30/01/17

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Seared tiger prawns and scallop with umami crumble, Marie rose sauce, avocado purée and cucumber salad
  • Wild mushroom truffle leek and wholegrain mustard tartlet with crisp vegetables and bell pepper dressing
  • Roasted tomato and basil soup with tomberries and basil cress
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard dressing or Caesar dressing

Main

• Chicken in XO sauce with stir-fried kailan in soy sauce and egg fried rice
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and madeira jus
  • Pork Wonton soup with pak chop, shiitake mushroom and noodles
  • Roasted pumpkin oyster mushroom and parmesan risotto
  • Main course salad of warm sea trout with a celery, hispi cabbage, apple walnut, daikon and sage slaw

Desserts

• Roasted white chocolate cylinder
  • Sticky toffee pudding terrine
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue
  • Le Saint Mont
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon
the Chinese mains are usually ok so I might choose one of those if it were me. The main course salad also sounds nice if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by orbitmic
the Chinese mains are usually ok so I might choose one of those if it were me. The main course salad also sounds nice if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.
The Chinese "take away" chicken is the only thing I fancy and cruelly, the only option the web and app won't let me order 😤
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BMI
BA F - LHR - DXB end of January

Can't say I'm even a tiny bit excited by the choices...

Fried Arabic chicken with machboos rice and aubergine stew

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and thyme jus

Lemon sole salmon and smoked haddock fish pie with Duchess mash potato, creamed garlic spinach, fine beans and roasted fennel

Main course salad of warm sea trout with a celery, hispi cabbage, apple walnut, daikon and sage slaw

Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:20 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I had that beef on my last trip. The beef was the usual, and the pearl barley arancini were not great.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by simonsmith
I had the Chicken and Leek Pie in F to JNB on 9th December. It was huge and actually very good. I really enjoyed it.
I guess this just illustrates the inconsistency of BA F food or the difference in posters appreciation of food. We both had the chicken and leek pie in F on a flight to LAX a couple of weeks ago. It was not good and both of us left the majority of it as it was lots of soggy undercooked pastry. It was more like bad school dinner food than F food.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Update.

I got a reply with apologies, a sort of explanation about pre-ordering standards - but not what exactly went wrong in this case - and 4500 avios "To apologise for what happened and to show you how much we appreciate your support" even if I didn't ask or even hint about compensation when I wrote to CS.

To me is enough if they make sure for the future to not mess up pre-orders when changing menu and courses

PS
Globaliser: do you think the glitch was the system selecting automatically the next course in the list when the chosen one was withdrawn/no longer available?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Lefly
Update.

I got a reply with apologies, a sort of explanation about pre-ordering standards - but not what exactly went wrong in this case - and 4500 avios "To apologise for what happened and to show you how much we appreciate your support" even if I didn't ask or even hint about compensation when I wrote to CS.

To me is enough if they make sure for the future to not mess up pre-orders when changing menu and courses

PS
Nah, they won't make sure of that (or change anything about it) although you can be reassured it is very rare (pre-ordering actually usually works).

As I mentioned, asking for compensation makes no difference, they give you if it is due whether you ask or not and in this case, you got the new 'standard' 4,500 for pretty much anything wrong in F from wrong pre-order option all the way to a seat that wouldn't recline or a massive delay.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:46 am

Nah, they won't make sure of that (or change anything about it) although you can be reassured it is very rare (pre-ordering actually usually works).
I know. But one can always dreams a bit...

As I mentioned, asking for compensation makes no difference, they give you if it is due whether you ask or not and in this case, you got the new 'standard' 4,500 for pretty much anything wrong in F from wrong pre-order option all the way to a seat that wouldn't recline or a massive delay.
OT - It sounds so wrong not to distinguish between a "trivial" swap of food order and a more serious problem like a not reclining seat, especially on longest or red-eye flights.

Anyway, now let see if they will really accredit those 4500 avios...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:01 am
Original Poster

I know. But one can always dreams a bit...

OT - It sounds so wrong not to distinguish between a "trivial" swap of food order and a more serious problem like a not reclining seat, especially on longest or red-eye flights.

Anyway, now let see if they will really accredit those 4500 avios...
it's the pervert consequence of cr absurd guidelines: agents can award up to 4,500 avios per incident without justification. Anything above 4,500 has to be lengthily justified. Now take a wild guess what is their practical limit.......

ps: a few months ago I believe the limit for no justification was 10,000.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
F menu LHR-JFK on 31/1,

Seared fillet of Heritage beef with wasabi butter, pommes Anna and caramelised baby turnips

Grilled Sea bass on Beluga lentils with roasted courgette and lime butter

Slow braised Heritage beef and kidneys in Yorkshire pudding with mashed potato and seasonal baby vegetables

Artisan Caprese tortellini with tomato and pine-nut sauce, finished with fresh rocket

Warm yoghurt and curry marinated chicken supreme with miso aubergine, cucumber salad and sautéed Swiss chard
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewaran
F menu LHR-JFK on 31/1,

Seared fillet of Heritage beef with wasabi butter, pommes Anna and caramelised baby turnips

Grilled Sea bass on Beluga lentils with roasted courgette and lime butter

Slow braised Heritage beef and kidneys in Yorkshire pudding with mashed potato and seasonal baby vegetables

Artisan Caprese tortellini with tomato and pine-nut sauce, finished with fresh rocket

Warm yoghurt and curry marinated chicken supreme with miso aubergine, cucumber salad and sautéed Swiss chard
Seabass if it were me...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
PS
Globaliser: do you think the glitch was the system selecting automatically the next course in the list when the chosen one was withdrawn/no longer available?
At a guess, it's simpler than that. Something along the following lines:-

In the WT+ list:-
AQML = Christmas/turkey
BQML = Beef

In the CW list:-
AQML = Beef
BQML = Christmas/turkey
CQML = Veggie pasta
DQML = Main course salad

So the op-upped pax with AQML looks like they pre-ordered beef when they actually pre-ordered turkey.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:00 pm

Ok, that make sense for the meal swap while changing cabins.
I was looking for common reasons between your situation and mine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.