Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
BA273 LHR-SAN, Mid-December, CW:

Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Wild mushroom quail egg and artichoke salad with truffle cream and black olive biscotti
Salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef with sweet potato Royale, broccoli florets, tarragon and mushroom sauce
  • Roast corn fed chicken breast with braised cabbage, pancetta, roast potatoes and thyme jus
  • Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce
  • Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon couscous and Espelette dressing
Dessert
  • Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
LHR to JNB in December; There is a choice of chicken and leek pie in First. Seems rather homely for First.... Any one ever had it?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I'm guessing not as it is on the new December rotation, I'm sure it will be very nice if you like that kind of food.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:55 am
Formerly known as ahoban

Programs: BA Silver, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
I'm having this next week so I'll report back for those who are interested!
Did you happen to get the noodles? Debating ordering them for next week
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TangoThree
Did you happen to get the noodles? Debating ordering them for next week
Funnily enough, I've just posted my pics on the picture thread here! I wouldn't not recommend it, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting - pretty tasty in a greasy takeaway kind of way, but probably not up to (even) BA's usual standards in Club...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Funnily enough, I've just posted my pics on the picture thread here! I wouldn't not recommend it, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting - pretty tasty in a greasy takeaway kind of way, but probably not up to (even) BA's usual standards in Club...
Glad the cheese mousse felt better to you than to us! To be honest, when my gf had it, it did not look the same: much more liquid for some reason, so maybe they just didn't do it well then? I only had a taste from hers and suffice to say I did not ask for more!

Your noodle dish is as I saw it though. I agree with you it's Chinese take away level, but I found the curry (again, my gf had it, I chose the steak) less good than Indian post-pub take away!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Glad the cheese mousse felt better to you than to us! To be honest, when my gf had it, it did not look the same: much more liquid for some reason, so maybe they just didn't do it well then? I only had a taste from hers and suffice to say I did not ask for more!

Your noodle dish is as I saw it though. I agree with you it's Chinese take away level, but I found the curry (again, my gf had it, I chose the steak) less good than Indian post-pub take away!
It looks like you were just unlucky - lostinlondon has posted a picture of the mousse in which it looks almost identical to mine (although s/he didn't get the separate little tub of pitta flakes). Good to see that the inconsistency is consistent!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
BA273 LHR-SAN, Mid-December, CW:

Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Wild mushroom quail egg and artichoke salad with truffle cream and black olive biscotti
Salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef with sweet potato Royale, broccoli florets, tarragon and mushroom sauce
  • Roast corn fed chicken breast with braised cabbage, pancetta, roast potatoes and thyme jus
  • Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce
  • Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon couscous and Espelette dressing
Dessert
  • Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
This menu has also appeared in LHR-YYC for December.

Anybody got an idea as to what might be available if I order say the Hindu special meal? Is it likely to be a decent curry?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
F AUS December

F Mains choice, for AUS in late December. My first First, but not very enamoured by the menu.

The link to the rest of the menu isn't working.
            Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:39 pm
            FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
            Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
            Originally Posted by GK1981
            F Mains choice, for AUS in late December. My first First, but not very enamoured by the menu.

If it were me, it would be the seabass (figure of speech of course)

Last edited by orbitmic; Nov 30, 2016 at 2:10 am
                      Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:44 pm

CW menu for xmas eve flight to Miami

View menu

Seared fillet of British beef with sweet potato Royale, broccoli florets, tarragon and mushroom sauce

A traditional Christmas dish of roast turkey, pigs in blankets roasted potatoes, chestnuts sprouts with rosemary jus

Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce

Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon couscous and Espelette

The link for full menu not working for me either.
                      Think I will go for the xmas dinner to get into the swing of things...

Last edited by Jonnyboy68; Nov 29, 2016 at 12:51 pm
                      Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:51 pm
                      Ziz

This happened to me too for my flight 23 December. Other than a substitution of a traditional Christmas meal for the Chicken/leek pie, the menu is identical. I can view the rest of the options in the app but not on ba.com. For interest (and assuming the rest of the menu is the same for our two flights):

Starters:
                                Duck rillette with smoked duck breast, kumquat confit, redcurrant gel, chestnut and cranberry salad
                                Shepherds purse fettle beignets, beetroot, artichoke, black olives and cucumber salad with piccalilli puree
                                Roast pumpkin sweet potato and ginger soup
                                Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil with aged balsamice dressing or honey mustard dressing

Desserts:
                                Salted caramel brownie and profiterole slice
                                Christmas pudding with brandy cream sauce and caramelised fruit (might only be for xmas time flights)
                                Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese:
                                Lincolnshire Poacher cheese
                                Wensleydale Blue Cheese
                                Somerset Camembert
                                Vintage Gouda
                                Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
                                Originally Posted by orbitmic
                                If it were me, it would be the seabass
                                Thanks orbitmic , that may well be my choice.

Does Austin fall into flight time for the second meal being Afternoon Tea?
                                Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jonnyboy68
                                CW menu for xmas eve flight to Miami

View menu

Seared fillet of British beef with sweet potato Royale, broccoli florets, tarragon and mushroom sauce

A traditional Christmas dish of roast turkey, pigs in blankets roasted potatoes, chestnuts sprouts with rosemary jus

Fusilli pasta with chargrilled yellow peppers, slow roast cherry tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce

Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon couscous and Espelette

The link for full menu not working for me either.
                                Think I will go for the xmas dinner to get into the swing of things...

Anyone tried this beef dish?

I have the duck or pasta or prawns as the other alternatives next weekend and not too keen on those.

Thanks.
                                Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
                                Thanks orbitmic , that may well be my choice.

Does Austin fall into flight time for the second meal being Afternoon Tea?
                                It certainly did in WT+ last week. Not very substantial, glad I had my Plane Food picnic with me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.