The main course pre-order choice thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: flyoff
Wiki Link
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago


Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 13, 18, 10:51 am
  #1366  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Bronze, Avis Preferred, Hilton Honors Silver
Posts: 31
Club World - 2nd July

BA11 London to Singapore 19:55

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

  • Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon and crayfish cocktail avocado and slow roasted heirloom tomatoes
  • Chargrilled asparagus and summer truffle with Burford egg
  • Rich tomato soup with basil oil
  • Baby gem with feta cheese puffed kasha olives and red onion salad served with your choice of mustard dressing or caesar dressing

Main

  • Pork belly in ginger and soy sauce broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of British beef spring onion cream mashed potato with smoked garlic tenderstem broccoli and Madeira rosemary jus
  • Wild rocket and courgette risotto with summer vegetables and Amalfi lemon

Dessert

  • Lemon and raspberry almond slice chantilly cream and fresh raspberry
  • Vanilla bean cheesecake strawberry
  • Warm chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Strawberries
  • Coastal Cheddar West Country Brie Shropshire blue served with walnuts biscuit and apricot chutney
jimbobjamest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 18, 11:24 am
  #1367  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: JER
Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Posts: 27,661
WHY doesn’t BA punctuate their menu listing?
Hilde likes this.
T8191 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 2:28 pm
  #1368  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MIA
Posts: 358
Originally Posted by jmacconnacher View Post

First Menu for June:

BA269 London to Los Angeles 16:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

  • Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • English asparagus with soft poached quail egg Croxton Manor goat's curd and heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn Velouté with crème fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet cauliflower pureé buttered kale and curried cauliflower bhaji
  • British beef burger with Monterey jack cheese barbeque sauce coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
  • Lemon and Ricotta tortellini violet glazed artichoke shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of mint and yoghurt grilled corn fed chicken and barrel aged feta cheese

Desserts

  • Floating Island garnished with candied pistachios
  • Warm chocolate salted caramel sponge pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

  • Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Tone Red
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Does't strike me as very first class, perhaps slightly more like 'pub grub'?
I have the same menu on BA 209 LHR-MIA at the end of June. Any recommendations?
sgan317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 6:13 pm
  #1369  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 12
Can also recommend the asparagus starter. Very good

Originally Posted by sgan317 View Post
I have the same menu on BA 209 LHR-MIA at the end of June. Any recommendations?
The cod isn’t bad. It was slightly overlooked but the cauliflower purée and bhaji were very good
GLA Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 10:52 pm
  #1370  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: YVR, HKG
Programs: CX Diamond, OZ Diamond Plus
Posts: 189

BA17 London to Seoul 12:35 1 July Club World

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

  • Scottish smoked salmon with fennel salad and seaweed aioli
  • Barrel aged feta watermelon pomegranate with mint and yogurt dressing

Salad

  • Fresh Summer salad of fine beans and piquilo pepper

Main

  • Bibimbap and beef broth with seaweed
  • Braised British beef herb crushed new potato chantenay carrots and tarragon jus
  • Chicken in hot Korean pepper sauce
  • Penne pasta with mozzarella in a creamy tomato and mascarpone sauce

Dessert

  • Lemon and raspberry almond slice with raspberry confit
  • Coastal Cheddar and West Country Brie served with Quince jelly and biscuits
  • Fresh cut fruits
AC340-541 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 18, 7:57 am
  #1371  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Posts: 731
Originally Posted by jmacconnacher View Post

First Menu for June:

BA269 London to Los Angeles 16:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

  • Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • English asparagus with soft poached quail egg Croxton Manor goat's curd and heirloom tomatoes
  • Sweetcorn Velouté with crème fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

  • Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with Café de Paris butter grilled Portobello mushroom slow roasted tomatoes and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Roasted North Atlantic cod fillet cauliflower pureé buttered kale and curried cauliflower bhaji
  • British beef burger with Monterey jack cheese barbeque sauce coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
  • Lemon and Ricotta tortellini violet glazed artichoke shaved summer truffle with cream of leek
  • Main course salad of mint and yoghurt grilled corn fed chicken and barrel aged feta cheese

Desserts

  • Floating Island garnished with candied pistachios
  • Warm chocolate salted caramel sponge pudding
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

  • Gillot Camembert
  • Barbers Sweet Tone Red
  • Stilton
  • Blackstone Vintage Cheddar
Does't strike me as very first class, perhaps slightly more like 'pub grub'?
Nice to see something that looks low carb high fat (the cod) on a menu. I hope that trickles down to CW.
ttama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 11:36 am
  #1372  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 309
Does anyone know if the F burger featuring in June/July is pre-assembled or can it be made without the cheese and BBQ sauce?
Newly Wed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 12:27 pm
  #1373  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 452
Originally Posted by sgan317 View Post
I have the same menu on BA 209 LHR-MIA at the end of June. Any recommendations?
I've had 2 flights this month, and the asparagus starter was the only item not available on both occasions, which was a shame because it sounds good.

the beef would have been really good if it wasn't so over cooked. The pasta dish was actually very very good.

and save space for that salted caramel sponge (or 2)
Dubh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 1:17 pm
  #1374  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 385
Originally Posted by Newly Wed View Post
Does anyone know if the F burger featuring in June/July is pre-assembled or can it be made without the cheese and BBQ sauce?
you can ask the crew for the burger without cheese and bbq sauce
haroon145 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 1:17 pm
  #1375  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Bronze
Posts: 5,083
Originally Posted by Dubh View Post
I've had 2 flights this month, and the asparagus starter was the only item not available on both occasions, which was a shame because it sounds good.

the beef would have been really good if it wasn't so over cooked. The pasta dish was actually very very good.

and save space for that salted caramel sponge (or 2)
Yes, although I would have been intrigued by the floating island...
Flexible preferences is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 2:31 pm
  #1376  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Oslo
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 187
Has anybody tried the roasted cod from the F menu listed here? I’m torn between the cod and the tortellini.
Hilde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 2:42 pm
  #1377  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post
Yes, although I would have been intrigued by the floating island...
it’s a French desert, egg whites in a custard sauce.
babarage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 5:07 pm
  #1378  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD
Posts: 1,905
Has anyone had this menu recently? I currently have the seabass pre-ordered, but curious what the duck roll would be like. The prawn pasta sounds interesting too, but at least I have a reasonable sense of what to expect of it!

LHR-JFK, July 4, F

Starters
  • Buffalo mozzarella grilled fresh peaches, caper berries and olive oil
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon warm potato pancake, horseradish cream
  • Moroccan spiced red lentil soup, crème fraiche
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Honey mustard dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing

Main
  • Fillet of Heritage beef with gratin potato, peppercorn sauce
  • Seabass en papillotte seasonal root vegetables, white wine butter
  • Crispy Gressingham duck roll with avocado, plum hoisin sauce
  • Handmade tagliarini king prawns, spicy cherry tomato salsa
  • Main course salad featuring warm goat cheese mille feuille, ratatouille and cous cous

Desserts
  • Lemon red current meringue tart
  • Warm chocolate raspberry sponge, chocolate sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board
  • Shropshire blue cheese
  • Somerset brie
  • Applewood cheddar
dkc192 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 18, 5:31 pm
  #1379  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 211
Does pre-ordering actually change the ratios of what is loaded?

The last time I traveled in first on the 789 my partner and I ordered the same thing, but only one was loaded... (Crew had done their best and were fantastic, CS weren't so great)
JFX1764 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 18, 6:58 am
  #1380  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,699
Yes it does.
JFX1764 likes this.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread