Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is.
Thanks for the warning! It seems a strange combination as, in my opinion, the different cuts of meat should be cooked differently. I imagine that the fillet will be the usual bit of BA leather but the cheek might be quite nice....
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:51 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Thanks for the warning! It seems a strange combination as, in my opinion, the different cuts of meat should be cooked differently. I imagine that the fillet will be the usual bit of BA leather but the cheek might be quite nice....
Thats how I found it tough steak cheeks delicious
johnaalex likes this.

Last edited by PJSMITH0; Apr 27, 2018 at 4:51 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Glad to see the updated menu.
I made changes now that I see the new choices.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
WTP menu May.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:26 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold

BA31 London to Hong Kong 18:40 CW Menu

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Poached free range Suffolk chicken, crispy Serrano ham, baby gem lettuce, La Mancha Manchego dressing and an anchovy crumb, pickled heritage carrot
  • Tofu with korean mooli and pumpkin, green beans and sesame and konoha nankin
  • Celeriac and granny apple soup, horseradish crème fraiche

Salad

• Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of citrus mint crème fraiche or salsa verde dressing

Main

• King prawns with XO sauce, lotus root, pak choi, black mushroom & egg fried rice
  • Seared fillet of West country beef, dauphinoise potatoes, sauteed British mushrooms and tarragon butter, tenderstem broccoli and carrot
  • Butternut squash risotto roasted squash, pumpkin seeds and an orange and hazelnut butter

Dessert

• Key lime pie with a raspberry coulis
  • Chocolate marquise crisp with a salted caramel sauce
  • Sticky toffee pudding with a vanilla anglaise
  • Strawberries and raspberries
  • Blue D Auvergne Thomas Hoe Red Leicester, Gillot Camembert served with Fig Chutney

Last edited by AndreasJ; May 1, 2018 at 8:27 am Reason: Missing info
Old May 1, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
WTP menu May.
Same for tomorrow to IAD. Will try and report back. Undecided at the moment.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:59 am
Suspended

pre-ordered on 4 long haul business flights via ba.com, always the same answer:
we didn't get your request....
Old May 1, 2018, 3:52 pm

I am flying lhr/iad on 5/29 in F. I pre-ordered the Louisiana fried chicken from the menu shown on BABoy84's post above. I didn't want to order the beef cheeks as I felt they would be well done. Has anyone had this chicken entree?
Old May 1, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by mrshyt

BA31 London to Hong Kong 18:40 CW Menu

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Poached free range Suffolk chicken, crispy Serrano ham, baby gem lettuce, La Mancha Manchego dressing and an anchovy crumb, pickled heritage carrot
  • Tofu with korean mooli and pumpkin, green beans and sesame and konoha nankin
  • Celeriac and granny apple soup, horseradish crème fraiche

Salad

• Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of citrus mint crème fraiche or salsa verde dressing

Main

• King prawns with XO sauce, lotus root, pak choi, black mushroom & egg fried rice
  • Seared fillet of West country beef, dauphinoise potatoes, sauteed British mushrooms and tarragon butter, tenderstem broccoli and carrot
  • Butternut squash risotto roasted squash, pumpkin seeds and an orange and hazelnut butter

Dessert

• Key lime pie with a raspberry coulis
  • Chocolate marquise crisp with a salted caramel sauce
  • Sticky toffee pudding with a vanilla anglaise
  • Strawberries and raspberries
  • Blue D Auvergne Thomas Hoe Red Leicester, Gillot Camembert served with Fig Chutney
Was about to post this for HKG later this month. A disappointing menu for the new service.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:21 pm

WTP menu May.
Update: do NOT get the beef. Will post more on the appropriate thread, but was strange little chunks of overcooked beef rather than anything resembling a proper steak as I've had in WTP before. Hardly believe it was one of the 'CW'-touted mains in WTP. Worst meal I've had on BA ever, full stop, considering expectations per cabin etc.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by lostinlondon
Update: do NOT get the beef. Will post more on the appropriate thread, but was strange little chunks of overcooked beef rather than anything resembling a proper steak as I've had in WTP before. Hardly believe it was one of the 'CW'-touted mains in WTP. Worst meal I've had on BA ever, full stop, considering expectations per cabin etc.
Sounds like gluemeat, Thx for the heads up!
Old May 2, 2018, 9:27 pm

Sounds like gluemeat, Thx for the heads up!
Chicken looked bog standard, albeit edible and recognisable. Good luck - not impressed with the menu by any means.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Same for tomorrow to IAD. Will try and report back. Undecided at the moment.
I would certainly appreciate that as I also have that on my menu to MIA. I'm no fan of WT+ but that was the reasonable choice in this case. I've preliminarily preselected the chicken but am open to being convinced either way...
Old May 3, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Update: do NOT get the beef. Will post more on the appropriate thread, but was strange little chunks of overcooked beef rather than anything resembling a proper steak as I've had in WTP before. Hardly believe it was one of the 'CW'-touted mains in WTP.
If the menu says "braised beef", it's not going to be a steak! From your photo in the other thread, it looks like braised beef is exactly what you got, and ISTR some reports from CW passengers that it tasted better than it looked. At any rate, braising is one of the cooking techniques that will avoid the meat getting incinerated and dried out, as is so often the complaint about BA steaks.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If the menu says "braised beef", it's not going to be a steak! From your photo in the other thread, it looks like braised beef is exactly what you got, and ISTR some reports from CW passengers that it tasted better than it looked. At any rate, braising is one of the cooking techniques that will avoid the meat getting incinerated and dried out, as is so often the complaint about BA steaks.
Certainly fair, though have had 'braised' beef on BA and was certainly different. Either way, was not good and did not have any of the aspects that one expects of braising.

For instance - my post number #2335 in the BA food photographs thread shows a 'braised beef.' I know WTP doesn't get the new CW mains, but BA use 'braised' quite liberally.

Last edited by lostinlondon; May 3, 2018 at 6:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.