Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Same problem here - 26 March in F - hoping it’s the 28 days in Feb issue mentioned above and so will try tomorrow.
Same problem for me, 25 March LGW to BGI in F. Looks as if 1 March has not sorted the issue. I called/emailed BA and these are three responses I recieved:
  1. The route you are flying does not offer pre-ordering, hung up and called back to get
  2. You can only order special meals like vegetarian etc, I've never heard of ordering a main course, you can only do that on board
  3. Emailed You First, received a written response same as number 1 above, however they did email me the menu for the flight.
Just going to chat to the snowman in the garden as I am likely to get a more sensible response from him than anyone at BA.......
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by jimmyw9
Same problem for me, 25 March LGW to BGI in F. Looks as if 1 March has not sorted the issue. I called/emailed BA and these are three responses I recieved:
  1. The route you are flying does not offer pre-ordering, hung up and called back to get
  2. You can only order special meals like vegetarian etc, I've never heard of ordering a main course, you can only do that on board
  3. Emailed You First, received a written response same as number 1 above, however they did email me the menu for the flight.
Just going to chat to the snowman in the garden as I am likely to get a more sensible response from him than anyone at BA.......
One could always email Alex Cruz directly questioning BA IT problems and also whether it is part of their contract with us? Anyway always amusing to get his response to complaints (and also when you email him to applaud exceptional service by the cabin crew!)
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Yetak
We are on BA2239 LGW to LIM in J, but we are not able to pre-order mains due " to a technical problem, although we can order on board " according to MMB, although special meals can be chosen.

Does anyone have any experience of this and know whether its likely to be rectified prior to departure (28/03/18) ?

Also the long haul return leg is with IB from UIO via MAD to LHR ,all the info is in MMB but I'm not able to order a vegetarian meal for my daughter, should I be able to ?

Thanks
I'm also seeing this on a flight from LHR to IAD (Washington DC) in Club on 31 March. I wonder whether the technical problems are IT related or perhaps euphemism for chaos in the kitchen?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold

Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

The above is for LHR/JFK on 31/3 in F.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by icebird
I'm also seeing this on a flight from LHR to IAD (Washington DC) in Club on 31 March. I wonder whether the technical problems are IT related or perhaps euphemism for chaos in the kitchen?
Perhaps a bit of both?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:41 am

FYI - the "technical error" affecting my flight appears to have been resolved.

BA39 London to Beijing - March 2018

Starters

• Smoked British chicken and roast garlic terrine with piccalilli, quail egg and avocado purée
  • Fivemiletown goat's cheese with beetroot tartare, pumpernickel and marinated beetroot

Salad

• Fresh spring salad of spring onion and mangetout

Main

• Braised British beef with broccoli, cassoulet of beans, carrot balls and rosemary jus
  • Shredded pork with Beijing sauce, fried pak choi and steamed rice
  • Penne pasta with bocconcini, roasted Mediterranean vegetables and a basil and tomato sauce
  • Chilled Main Course Salad of seared tiger prawns with potato Caesar salad and Bufford egg

Dessert

• Flourless chocolate orange and almond cake with orange mascarpone cream and cherry compote
  • Dorset coastal cheddar and Somerset camembert served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fresh whole fruit
Any suggestions of what's good (and what to avoid)?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold

BA293 London to Washington DC (CW)

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Smoked garlic and herb chicken terrine with chantenay carrots, red wine jelly, puffed kasha and golden raisin purée
  • Barbers cheddar brulee with Waldorf salad, roasted almonds, apple gel and compressed Granny Smith apples
  • Tenderstem broccoli soup with stilton cream
  • Mixed leaves salad with artichoke, pepper drops and mangetout served with your choice of sherry dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Roast cod fillet with salted cod tortellini, baby courgette, spinach and mild chilli scented tomato sauce
  • Braised British beef with Cavolo Nero, baby turnips, smoked fondant potato and ruby port sauce
  • Vegetarian quorn shepherd's pie with roast root vegetables and duchess potatoes

Dessert

• Cookie dough cheesecake with cherry coulis
  • Flourless chocolate tart with chilli chocolate sauce
  • Warm chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Warm pear and almond tart with crème anglaise
  • Bluberries and raspberries
Starter and pudding sound delicious (even if they can't spell blueberries...) but very underwhelmed by the choice of mains. Looks like the beef it is unless anyone has had the shepherd's pie and recommends it.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Question Pre-order on IB coded BA flight?

I'm flying in J LHR-LAX later this month on an IB coded BA flight. In the ba.com MMB, I cannot find any option to order food. Is it possible to pre-order?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
I'm flying in J LHR-LAX later this month on an IB coded BA flight. In the ba.com MMB, I cannot find any option to order food. Is it possible to pre-order?

Many thanks in advance.
Not sure why you cannot see it. Go into the individual flight and the option to choose should be there. My flight above is AA code on BA metal so cannot see why IB would be different.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
My pre-order is now working though I can’t order anything on the IB return.

In-flight menu

BA2239 London to Lima 13:50

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Smoked scottish salmon with peat smoked pate & baby watercress
  • Roasted vegetables with whipped goats cheese salad and walnut crumb

Salad

• Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

• Pan seared peppered British fillet steak with crushed potatoes and red wine and pancetta jus
  • Roasted chicken makhanwala with brasied coriander rice, buttery tomato sauce & onion bhaji
  • Porcini mushroom tortellini with quattro fromaggio sauce
  • Puy lentil and kale salad with lemon poached prawns

Dessert

• Chocolate glazed torte with blackcurrant compote
  • Selection of Cheeses Cropwell Bishop Stilton, Somerset Camembert & Wookey Hole Cave Aged Cheddar with Plum Jelly & Honey Scented Walnuts.
  • A selection of fruit
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
LHR-BOS

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Yetak
My pre-order is now working though I can’t order anything on the IB return.
Pre-ordering is only available on flights outbound from London.
Yetak likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by madfish

Not sure why you cannot see it. Go into the individual flight and the option to choose should be there. My flight above is AA code on BA metal so cannot see why IB would be different.
No food option shows up. Despite being booked in business with an UD seat confirmed, when I click on More Flight Information, the Flight Details pop up shows "Economy catering:M&S food sold on board". Can I call BA or is there some other way to resolve this?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by madfish
The above is for LHR/JFK on 31/3 in F.
That menu has been around for a while, had it on a flight LHR-JFK in January. Both the asparagus and mushroom consommé were pretty good, and I enjoyed the Kashmiri chicken (well presented and good taste, though not large in quantity, which was fine for me). Was less impressed by the apple tatin, found it super-sweet and didn't finish it.

On that flight, two of the three whites on the wine list were unavailable, which was a disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.