The main course pre-order choice thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: flyoff
Wiki Link
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 16, 18, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Eaunoire View Post

yup that’s confirmed looking at the menu today , assumed there was a bigger choice to pre order!

whats the consensus on these options;

Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus

Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce

Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus

Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad

Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing
Consensus might be much to ask for but personally i'd go for the hake. I had it some months ago and liked it.
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:16 pm

Back in the 90s BA did offer specials in F which were not on the menu. I doubt this option will return.
Old Jan 28, 18, 1:35 pm

Travelling with an infant on lap. Would rather he eats than me, Can an adult pre order a kids meal in F on a flight? If so what is it likely to be?

Would try see if there was a spare meal but would this mean mean they wouldn’t load spare afternoon tea or would it be a seconds kids meal?

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 18, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by sistergeorge View Post
BA35 London to Chehowvlog do these menu options normally last? Planning to fly in March to Chennai. Thanksnnai January 18 - CW

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.Starters
  • Scottish smoked salmon with pickled cucumber, radish and dill cream cheese
  • Papdi chaat with tamarind chutney
Salad
  • Fresh winter salad of marinated mouli and green beans
Main
  • British rump of lamb in a red wine sauce with roasted herb new potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baby onions and fine green beans
  • Vegetable korma and ghee pilau with yam varuval (mixed vegetables cooked in rich cream with ground almonds and spices served with rice cooked in clarified butter roasted yam in spices)
  • Murgh makhan palak and dry fruit and cashew nut pilau with chownki sabji (Chicken cooked in creamy sauce prepared with spinach served with dry fruit and cashew nut pilau rice and mixed vegetables cooked with spices and curry flavours)
  • Chilled main course salad of seared ras el hanout prawns, carrot and courgette salad, lemon cous cous and Espelette dressing
Dessert
  • Salted caramel slice with burnt honeycomb cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Old Jan 28, 18, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Eaunoire View Post
Travelling with an infant on lap. Would rather he eats than me, Can an adult pre order a kids meal in F on a flight? If so what is it likely to be?

Would try see if there was a spare meal but would this mean mean they wouldn’t load spare afternoon tea or would it be a seconds kids meal?

Thanks
All meals will be children’s meals.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 28, 18, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post

Starters we normally run out of the Chat, main courses the chicken.
Old Jan 28, 18, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA, BAEC, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
BA49 LHR-SEA February 25th. CW

Starters
  • Chicken and duck terrine fennel purée, hazelnut and carrot salad with walnut granola
  • Bocconcini with basil sponge, slow roasted cherry tomatoes, pine nut and fennel salad
Salad
  • Fresh winter salad of diced beetroot and pumpkin seeds
Main
  • Braised British beef and Dauphinoise potato, roasted peppers, patty pans with tarragon jus
  • Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dhal
  • Conchiglie pasta and mushroom ragout with broccoli
  • Chilled main course salad of seared sumac spiced Scottish salmon, lemon quinoa, lentil salad with lemon and elderflower dressing
Dessert
  • A duo of desserts featuring: Caramelised orange tart and chocolate, almond & salted caramel crisp pot with caramel sauce
  • Coastal Cheddar Wedge and Cropwell Bishop Stilton served with grapes and biscuits
  • A selection of whole fruit
Old Jan 29, 18, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post

Starters we normally run out of the Chat, main courses the chicken.
Thank you and you can pre order on the LHR to Chennai flights? In some places it’s called Madras! Others Chennai?
Old Jan 29, 18, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes you can.
Old Jan 29, 18, 5:35 am

Thank you and it’s from 28 days before you fly isn’t it? Is it just the main course or can you do starter and pud? Can you be really greedy and have cheese and fruit? Or is hat just Qatar? Thank you again
Old Jan 29, 18, 5:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
BA 275 LHR-LAS F
Feb 17th

Starters

• Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue Cheese
  • Le Saint Mont Cheese
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon Cheese
Old Jan 29, 18, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Club World. BA2263 London to Kingston, 12:10, 26 Feb 18

Really can't get excited about any of this! And what is 'seasonal' beetroot?

Starters
  • Severn and Wye smoked salmon with seasonal beetroot & pickled cucumber
  • Broken goats cheese cashel blue with honeyed walnuts, rocket leaves & creamed truffle crème fraîche
Salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main
  • Pan seared peppered British fillet steak with olive oil poached la ratta potatoes & bearnaise sauce
  • Roasted korma marinated chicken breast with spring onion khichdi rice
  • Baked macaroni cheese with creamed chive veloute, bocconcini mozzarella balls & sundried cherry tomato
  • Rainbow soba noodle salad topped with miso marinated prawns
Dessert
  • Wildberry trifle with berry compote
  • Selection of Cheeses Shropshire Blue, Butler's Secret & Kidderton Ash with Quince Jelly
  • A selection of fruit
Old Jan 29, 18, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CharlotteC View Post
Thank you and it’s from 28 days before you fly isn’t it? Is it just the main course or can you do starter and pud? Can you be really greedy and have cheese and fruit? Or is hat just Qatar? Thank you again
You can only order the main course, you can ask for dessert, cheese and fruit and the crew will try and accommodate this.
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:28 am

Thanks makes me sound like a complete pig! I think it would be cheese and fruit or pudding
Old Jan 29, 18, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by MickV View Post
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
Anyone tried this? I'm intrigued.

Although I always thought a galantine was supposed to be chicken (or some kind of poultry at the very least) and served cold? I thought lamb, beef, etc. served hot made it a ballottine?

Search this Thread