Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by juniordk2000
I had this menu on a recent flight to GIG. Scallop starter is ok, Stone bass main course did nothing for me. Probably the least good fish I have had in First.

Almand and Lime galette with added vanilla icecream is good. Cheese ok.
I'll probably do Camembert, Beef, galette with added vanilla icecream

Cant believe its the same menu from June, we fly back in Sept it had better be different by then!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Out of interest, what does the LHR-MIA route get in terms of he second meal in CW and F these days? I know it's East Coast, but at over 4,000 miles it's further than the others, and ORD. Is it more like the West Coast second meal, or afternoon tea?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by juniordk2000
I had this menu on a recent flight to GIG. Scallop starter is ok, Stone bass main course did nothing for me. Probably the least good fish I have had in First.

Almand and Lime galette with added vanilla icecream is good. Cheese ok.
Thanks for the comment on the stone bass.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
No massive surprises here! This is Club World.

Starters
  • Severn and Wye cured smoked salmon on wheaten bread with dill and lemon cream cheese and balsamic pearls
  • Tomato mozzarella with basil panna cotta, avocado purée, sherry vinegar sponge and tomato jelly

Salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef with horseradish ratte potatoes, asparagus, roasted cauliflower and London Porter and thyme sauce
  • Pork belly in ginger and soy sauce, broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce and steamed rice
  • Wild mushroom risotto with summer vegetables
  • Chilled main course salad of barbeque marinated prawns, potato and spring onion salad, coleslaw, almonds and sour cream and chive dressing

Dessert

• Roasted white chocolate and hazelnut tart with a vanilla & mascarpone cream
  • Dorset Coastal Cheddar and Somerset Camembert cheeses served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
  • A selection of fruit
Same as the menu for LHR-JNB on August 8. Haven't entered the window for our return flight yet.

Why can't we pre-order a meal (other than a restricted diet) on LAX-LHR? Is it because it's a night flight?

Speaking of restricted, how's the gluten free option in CW? I've found that it's one of the best options on AA.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by critterchick
Same as the menu for LHR-JNB on August 8. Haven't entered the window for our return flight yet.

Why can't we pre-order a meal (other than a restricted diet) on LAX-LHR? Is it because it's a night flight?

Speaking of restricted, how's the gluten free option in CW? I've found that it's one of the best options on AA.
Pre ordering of 'unspecial' meals is only ex-LHR
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Still the same menu from June...

Starters:

Seared scallop with smoked salmon and crab boudin blanc, salsify purée, compressed apple and Thai shallots

Baked Camembert with a garlic and rosemary crust, chargrilled ciabatta with port and pear chutney

Chicken consomme with fresh mushroom tortellini

Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main:

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with chervil ratte potatoes, broad bean purée, sautéed king oyster mushroom, chargrilled spring onions and Bordelaise sauce

Pan fried stone bass with lightly smoked fennel and kasha salad, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic essence

British beef burger with chorizo, guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese and sweet potato fries

Risotto primavera with chargrilled baby courgette, parmesan and rocket salad

Main course salad of Loch Fyne kinglas smoked salmon with Burford brown poached egg, asparagus, roasted herb new potatoes and hollandaise sauce

Desserts:

Lemon almond and lime galette
Warm chocolate and salted caramel pudding
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate:

Lincolnshire Poacher
Wensley Dale Blue
Camembert Somerset
Vintage Gouda
I am faced with the same main courses for a flight in August. (I don't know what the starters and afters are - the full menu page won't load.)

I don't want any of these main courses.

BA shoe leather, a plate of rice, a fish salad, another fish salad, and a warmed up hamburger don't constitute a first class menu.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by HilFly
I am faced with the same main courses for a flight in August. (I don't know what the starters and afters are - the full menu page won't load.)

I don't want any of these main courses.

BA shoe leather, a plate of rice, a fish salad, another fish salad, and a warmed up hamburger don't constitute a first class menu.
We had this menu LHR SFO earlier this month. I'll post the pictures on the appropriate thread later. The scallop starter was just that one overcooked scallop. The beef was like shoe leather and my wife said the fish was bland and overcooked. We had a great crew and they were embarrassed by the food. I was even more annoyed that the full First Bar wasn't loaded on either flight. Apparently this is very common now so I expect we will see First drinks selection enhanced again. I checked the red wines to gauge the average price - £9 a bottle!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Out of interest, what does the LHR-MIA route get in terms of he second meal in CW and F these days? I know it's East Coast, but at over 4,000 miles it's further than the others, and ORD. Is it more like the West Coast second meal, or afternoon tea?
the dreaded (by me at least) afternoon tea. Only west coast flights get a second actual meal.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
the dreaded (by me at least) afternoon tea. Only west coast flights get a second actual meal.
Ah, shame. The reason I asked is that I still have a CW menu from the 287 (LHR-SFO) from last year (we're in the process of moving so everything is boxed up and I have no idea where it is) and I could swear that the Miami flight numbers were listed at the bottom of the menu. I was surprised because I would have expected afternoon tea. I haven't flown LHR-MIA (though I have done the return) on BA since 2011 so it has been a while.

Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We had this menu LHR SFO earlier this month. I'll post the pictures on the appropriate thread later. The scallop starter was just that one overcooked scallop. The beef was like shoe leather and my wife said the fish was bland and overcooked. We had a great crew and they were embarrassed by the food. I was even more annoyed that the full First Bar wasn't loaded on either flight. Apparently this is very common now so I expect we will see First drinks selection enhanced again. I checked the red wines to gauge the average price - £9 a bottle!
I've had the beef dish twice and found it quite pleasant, mine came out medium though so that might explain why it was better.

Not had any issues with the First bar, full complement on my flights. I don't price the wines I see on the menu (price doesn't interest me) but the ones I've tried have been quite decent.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm wondering when one of the regulars is going to try the beefburger, in the interests of reviewing for FT of course!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Not SEA , IIRC. However, I usually end up with a nice seafood salad at with my parents on arrival.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by smokie36
I'm wondering when one of the regulars is going to try the beefburger, in the interests of reviewing for FT of course!
Me! I'm flying to LAX in a couple of weeks and having already tried all the other items on the menu that I fancy (some more than once and I have the same menu -burger going to SIN next week) I have already pre-ordered the burger, although out of boredom than desire.

I'll report back.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Me! I'm flying to LAX in a couple of weeks and having already tried all the other items on the menu that I fancy (some more than once and I have the same menu -burger going to SIN next week) I have already pre-ordered the burger, although out of boredom than desire.

I'll report back.
^ Good luck!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I'm seeing exactly the same thing for my LHR-YYZ on July 1st AND for my LHR-LAX on July 21st.
And also the same for my LHR-SJC Aug 13.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.