Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I have tried a few times today to order my meal for my flight on Thursday but the system doesn't seem to be working. Grrrr.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I get "undefined" when I click to see the whole menu. Has anyone else had that?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Yes, I had that for my last flight (WT+ in December) and have just seen it for my next flight this month (CW).
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes, I had that for my last flight (WT+ in December) and have just seen it for my next flight this month (CW).
Did it resolve itself after a few days? It's no big deal but as you should be able to see it, it would be nice.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did it resolve itself after a few days? It's no big deal but as you should be able to see it, it would be nice.
No, for the last flight it never did.

I thought it might have been to do with the special Christmas menu, but the fact that it's happening again for this month suggests a wider bug.

In fact, I might post this on the ba.com glitches thread in case the team have time to look into it.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
No, for the last flight it never did.

I thought it might have been to do with the special Christmas menu, but the fact that it's happening again for this month suggests a wider bug.

In fact, I might post this on the ba.com glitches thread in case the team have time to look into it.
Good idea. I'll email You First and mention it, too.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Try right clicking the link to open in a new browser tab or window - that usually works and displays the full menu.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:48 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ready4departure
Try right clicking the link to open in a new browser tab or window - that usually works and displays the full menu.
Yes, this works. The app should also work.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:12 am

Great - thanks for that. The app doesn't work (also says 'undefined') but opening in a new tab does the job.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Incidentally, here's the menu for LHR-JFK in F next month. Any recommendations are always welcome.

Starters

• Seared tuna with tonnato sauce and olive tapenade
  • Warm plum tomato tart tatin with sour cream and basil pesto
  • Pumpkin soup with caramelized pumpkin and fried sage
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Caesar dressing or red wine vinaigrette dressing

Main

• Barbecued heritage beef cheek with chunky chips, seared asparagus and vine on cherry tomatoes
  • Pan fried panko encrusted swordfish and Atlantic salmon, served with lobster and passion fruit bisque and creamy black risotto
  • Duchy originals pork sausages with potato puree, seasonal vegetables and caramelised red onion jus
  • Homemade mascarpone ravioli with fragrant lemon sauce, broccoli florets and lemon chips
  • Fresh figs, chanterelle and pomegranate salad with warm breast of spring chicken and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Crispy dark chocolate bar with salted caramel sauce
  • Warm plum and almond tart served with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

• Coulommier
  • Double Gloucester
  • Cropwell Bishop Stilton
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ready4departure
Excellent - thank you! It works for me too.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
LHR-KUL F Jan

Starters

Seared tiger prawns and scallop with umami crumble, Marie rose sauce, avocado purée and cucumber salad
Wild mushroom truffle leek and wholegrain mustard tartlet with crisp vegetables and bell pepper dressing
Roasted tomato and basil soup with tomberries and basil cress
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard dressing or Caesar dressing
Main

Stir fried chicken with red peppers, pak choi with fried garlic and steamed rice
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with pearl barley arancini, cauliflower puree, root vegetables and madeira jus
Lemon sole salmon and smoked haddock fish pie with Duchess mash potato, creamed garlic spinach, fine beans and roasted fennel
Roasted pumpkin oyster mushroom and parmesan risotto
Main course salad of warm sea trout with a celery, hispi cabbage, apple walnut, daikon and sage slaw
Desserts

Roasted white chocolate cylinder
Sticky toffee pudding terrine
Madagascan vanilla ice cream
Cheese Plate

Blackstick Blue
Le Saint Mont
Cornish Yarg
Reblochon
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Just logged in to MMB to have a look at the menu for my flight to PHL on Tuesday and all I got was this "You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight." In F BTW

Is this because of the strike or just another enhancement?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Sorry, I don't have the time to read through 50 pages and I couldn't find anything when searching in the search bar.

For LHR-TLV in CW on the 8am (ish) flight, is it breakfast? And the return around 4pm, is it afternoon tea? Thanks if you can help.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Breakfast and lunch on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.