Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I've an LHR-LAX coming up - any reason why pre-ordering isn't available for the 2nd meal. What can be expected for the 2nd meal? Not quite expecting a full 4-course, but something more than a scone?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tia2013
Sorry didn't know how to do multiple quotes.

Am off to JFK on the 1st same problem,i emailed u first yesterday who have just replied that July menus have not been released yet.
Have just logged into booking menu now there.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:32 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Same with my July 1 to YYZ
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Have just logged into booking menu now there.
Originally Posted by Ziz
Same with my July 1 to YYZ
And?... are you going to keep us all waiting and wondering?!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
And?... are you going to keep us all waiting and wondering?!
Oops sorry will do now
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Oops sorry will do now
just teasing you!!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:51 pm

Menu for BA179 LHR -JFK in F

Starters.

Poached lobster tail with roasted tomato marmalade, marinated Kenya beans and drizzled with chive oil
Stuffed baby courgette blossom with dressed watercress salad and basil lemon crme frache
Soup tom kha gai garnished with shredded chicken, fresh coconut and Kaffir lime leaves
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Caesar dressing or classic homemade shallot vinaigrette

Main

Herb roasted supreme of corn fed chicken, served with potato mousseline, edamame and prosciutto crumb and finished with a rosemary jus
Seared fillet of wild seabass with beluga lentil ragout, crushed fresh peas and grain mustard beurre blanc
Slow braised Hertfordshire beef and kidneys in Yorkshire pudding with mashed potato and seasonal baby vegetables
Homemade mascarpone and spring onion ravioli tossed in a fontina sauce with sauted leek, peperonata and flaked parmesan
Main course salad featuring warmed fillet of Herefordshire beef, lightly dressed cucumber, steamed asparagus spears and oven roasted tomatoes
Desserts

Classic tarte au citron
Hot chocolate and praline souffle with fresh mango and belgian chocolate sauce
Vanilla ice cream
Cheese Board

Wensleydale blue
West country brie
Belton Farm Red Fox
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:59 pm

just teasing you!!
I know lol
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:03 pm

However was gutted when i read menu nothing i really like so i think i will eat in CCR before hopefully my LBA will be on time.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Menu for BA179 LHR -JFK in F
Thanks! I am wondering if poached lobster (n its various iterations) is slowly becoming the F "signature starter"? It seems to have become a chronic feature for both general and JFK menus in the past couple of months (in fact both ex-UK and ex-US on my June trips!) so I wonder if it might become to BA F what foie gras is to AF J and caviar to many airlines' F?

I personally love lobster so certainly wouldn't mind!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:19 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Ha, sorry! If it's of interest, J flight LHR-YYZ in July is:

Starters

Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with horseradish cream and lemon biscotti
Tomato mozzarella and avocado with tomato sponge and basil dressing
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main
Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce

Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice

Classic macaroni cheese with cauliflower and smoked sun dried tomatoes

Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aioli dressing

Dessert
Chilled chocolate fondant with orange confit
Stilton and Somerset Camembert wedge served with fig relish and biscuits
A selection of fruit

I've had the macaroni cheese before and thought it was really good. It just feels a bit of a waste to have pasta!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:26 am

Thanks! I am wondering if poached lobster (n its various iterations) is slowly becoming the F "signature starter"? It seems to have become a chronic feature for both general and JFK menus in the past couple of months (in fact both ex-UK and ex-US on my June trips!) so I wonder if it might become to BA F what foie gras is to AF J and caviar to many airlines' F?

I personally love lobster so certainly wouldn't mind!
I love lobster too and the description on the F menu back from JFK to LHR on Friday evening of "slow poached lobster tail" sounded good - unfortunately it was a classic case of BA advertising one thing and delivering something else. In this case "over cooked lobster tail" that was very tough/rubbery in texture and with most of the taste cooked out of it.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
BA175 LHR-JFK 1 July Club World:

Starters

Loch Fyne smoked salmon with red and white radish and wasabi crme fraiche

Garden of baby grilled vegetables on little gem lettuce with tabouleh and carrot hummus

Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Braised shortrib of Herefordshire beef with celeriac mousseline, buttered carrots swede and thyme jus

Grilled prawns tossed in tomato basil butter, served with saffron risotto and Tuscany style vegetables with olives

Pappardelle and cougettte ribbons, bound in a truffle cream sauce served with fresh green asparagus and slow roasted cherry tomatoes

Grilled corn fed breast of chicken marinated in lemon, served with Wakame salad, pickled cucumber and miso dressing

Desserts

Mocha and mascarpone mousse cake with strawberry puree

Warm apple raisin sponge pudding with toffee sauce

West country brie and Belton farm red fox served with bramley apple chutney
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is the menu on BA1 or BA3 always different from the usual JFK CW menu?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scillyisles
I love lobster too and the description on the F menu back from JFK to LHR on Friday evening of "slow poached lobster tail" sounded good - unfortunately it was a classic case of BA advertising one thing and delivering something else. In this case "over cooked lobster tail" that was very tough/rubbery in texture and with most of the taste cooked out of it.
Yes, I had it last week too and fully agree with you. If it had been "slow poached" it wouldn't have turned that tough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.