Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
This is what the chicken looks like. It was really nothing special at all:
Thank you very much Schwann for finding and sharing that - does not look inspiring at all in the video!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm leaning towards the Pork Cheek or Prawn stir fry, anyone try any of these recently? I presume the beef is still best avoided unless you like boot leather...

BA169 London to Shanghai 13:35 (F)

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Severn and Wye salmon gravlax, marinated fennel and caramelised orange
  • Woodall's air dried ham, whipped pecorino, glazed fig, truffle honey
  • Sage and pumpkin tortellini, sage cream sauce, toasted pumpkin seeds
  • Cream of cauliflower soup, parmesan cheese straw
  • Seasonal Salad served with honey and mustard dressing

Main

• Tiger Prawns in ginger and spring onion sauce with fried noodles, stir fry Chinese cabbage and black mushroom
  • Seared fillet of Hereford beef, peppercorn sauce, smoked salt beef croquette
  • Slow braised pork cheeks, savoy cabbage with pancetta, calvados sauce
  • Sweet potato tikka masala, jeera pilau, dal makhani

Desserts

• Rhubarb & Ginger Timbale
  • Chocolate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond mousse ball
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries

Cheese Plate

• Gillot Camembert,Barbers Sweet Red Leicester, Stilton,Blackstone Vintage Cheddar served with biscuits and Fig Relish
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by 27Liam
I'm leaning towards the Pork Cheek or Prawn stir fry, anyone try any of these recently? I presume the beef is still best avoided unless you like boot leather...
Hi,

I had the beef in F on the BA 99 to toronto a fortnight ago and it was actually pretty good and reasonably tender - remember to ask for the sides if not advised by the crew ( the sides are listed at the end of the main courses and are ok.

The vanilla ice cream was a too soft for my liking (becoming more like a sticky liquid rather than hard ice cream but the taste was ok.

YMMV of course but enjoy it.

Regards

TBS
27Liam likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 6, 2019 at 6:16 am
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:39 am

I think the prawn dish is what I’ve preordered for today’s flight - will post a pic later if so!
27Liam likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
We are back to running in circles. My CW to the US in early November is all back to stuff that I've had before. Come on BA, please give us a bit of diversity from time to time as some of us fly with you regularly...

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon, Burford hens egg, shallots, dill crème fraiche and pumpernickel
  • Cropwell bishop Stilton cheesecake, sticky red onion marmalade
  • Cep soup with crème fraiche
  • Crispy mixed leaves salad with cucumber, carrot and pumpkin seed served with Olive oil vinaigrette or Creamy tarragon dressing

Bakery

• All Day Selection of Rolls

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, potato dauphinoise, honey roasted butternut squash and peppercorn jus
  • North Atlantic sea trout, crushed new potatoes, soy glazed salsify and a white wine beurre blanc
  • Thai vegetable curry with steamed Jasmine rice

Desserts

• Chocolate and caramel layer cake
  • Fresh Seasonal fruit
  • Apple and cinnamon sponge with spiced crumble
  • Coastal Cheddar, West Country Brie, Shropshire blue served with walnuts, biscuit and apricot chutney

Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma

In-flight menu

BA273 London to San Diego 13:20

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon, Burford hens egg, shallots, dill crème fraiche and pumpernickel
  • Cropwell bishop Stilton cheesecake, sticky red onion marmalade
  • Cep soup with crème fraiche
  • Crispy mixed leaves salad with cucumber, carrot and pumpkin seed served with Olive oil vinaigrette or Creamy tarragon dressing

Bakery

• All Day Selection of Rolls

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, potato dauphinoise, honey roasted butternut squash and peppercorn jus
  • North Atlantic sea trout, crushed new potatoes, soy glazed salsify and a white wine beurre blanc

Desserts

• Chocolate and caramel layer cake
  • Fresh Seasonal fruit
  • Apple and cinnamon sponge with spiced crumble
  • Coastal Cheddar, West Country Brie, Shropshire blue served with walnuts, biscuit and apricot chutney
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
Orbitmic, I have the same menu as you. Mr MD and I are both having the curry.
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by maisiedormouse; Oct 6, 2019 at 2:59 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
My choices for F from LHR to YVR don't make me very anticipating, but I dared to try the beef since one would hope there's some chance it's okay from LHR. Still however time to change it.
  • Pan fried fillet of stone bass, caramelised cauliflower puree, sautéed girolles, savoy cabbage
  • Roasted breast of cornfed chicken, creamed pumpkin, rosemary jus and crispy sage
  • Winter vegetable hash, chestnuts truffle, sage velouté and poached Burford brown egg
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin

BA175 London to New York 09:50

Starters

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartar with wasabi coleslaw
  • Spice roasted cauliflower with Beluga lentils, lime cream and fresh mint leaves
  • Sweet potato and coconut soup

Salad

• Smoked red pepper chickpea salad with sun dried tomatoes and hummus crème fraiche served with Lemon olive dressing or Yoghurt mint

Main

• Poached Seabass with turned potatoes, seasonal vegetables and grain mustard beurre blanc
  • Braised Welsh lamb shank with roasted potatoes, leek sauce and minted peas
  • Goats cheese cappellacci with grilled Mediterranean vegetables and mushroom panna sauce

Dessert

• White chocolate mousse
  • Strawberry mango salad
  • Sticky toffee pudding with Vanilla Custard
  • Fresh seasonal fruits
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese, Colston basset stilton, Somerset camembert served with walnuts, peach apricot chutney

Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
This is for mid-November. I can't say I'm excited about this menu at all. The fish might be okay. The chicken always seems to end up pretty rubbery. OTOH, I'll have plenty of time before this flight to hang out in the CCR.

BA49 London to Seattle 14:30 (F)

Starters

• Ham hock terrine, quail egg, mustard mayonnaise
  • Wensleydale blue Waldorf salad, caramelised walnuts, pear chutney
  • Charcoal tortelloni with crab, shellfish bisque
  • Spiced butternut squash soup, crème fraiche
  • Seasonal Salad served with honey and mustard dressing

Main

• Pan fried fillet of stone bass, caramelised cauliflower puree, sautéed girolles, savoy cabbage
  • Roasted breast of cornfed chicken, creamed pumpkin, rosemary jus and crispy sage
  • Winter vegetable hash, chestnuts truffle, sage velouté and poached Burford brown egg

Desserts

• Pistachio and chocolate cherry cannelloni
  • Apple Tart Tatin
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream, caramel sauce and raspberries

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash, Coastal Cheddar, Orsom Lester Vintage Red, Bleu D'Auvergne served with Apricot Chutney and biscuits
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:48 am

Agree with @orbitmic, we are indeed "running in circles". We have exactly the same menu (starters, mains and desserts) for late November CW BA41 LHR-DUR as those posted in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31598835-post2015.html https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31598835-post2016.html.

I'll be having the Thai vegetable curry for main, but since the menu has obviously been served before has anyone got an opinion between the main courses for my partner?
Thanks!

orbitmic and maisiedormouse like this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Konagirl, We have the same menu to DUR as well. You aren't flying on November 23rd by any chance?
konagirl2 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:42 am

Ha, yes we are outbound 23 November, returning Sunday 1 Dec. Jumped on the flash companion fare sale a few months ago (actually travelling on to JNB).
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:04 am

Has anybody had any luck in pre-ordering their meal when flying LHR-AMM? Amman is on the list in the Wiki but I just get a message saying that pre-ordering isn't available for this flight.

We've got 2 weeks until we fly so it's hardly the end of the World.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by cheryltheperil
Has anybody had any luck in pre-ordering their meal when flying LHR-AMM? Amman is on the list in the Wiki but I just get a message saying that pre-ordering isn't available for this flight.

We've got 2 weeks until we fly so it's hardly the end of the World.
I have the same question but to Durban - it’s in the Wiki but I’m being told unavailable. We also fly in 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.