The main course pre-order choice thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: flyoff
Wiki Link
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 24, 19, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
I'm flying LHR - Beirut in Club on the 3rd May. This route should have pre order, and 'select your main course' pops up when I log into MMB, but when I try and select a message says 'you will be served complimentary food and drink onboard....you cannot pre select on this flight.'

Anyone any ideas why?
As I mentioned earlier in the thread I've got a similar issue for my LHR-NRT flight in Club on 10th May, maybe it's a delay in loading menus or perhaps an IT bug!
Old Apr 24, 19, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40 View Post
Can someone explain why I am not able to pre-order any meals on my booking?

I have a Work/TP run GVA > LHR > JFK > LAX > LAS and on the BA MMB it is not showing it possible to pre-order any meals? IT is 001 ticketed so maybe thats why?
British doesn't allow you to pre-order meals going to Abuja, Sydney, Heathrow or Gatwick.

You will be able to pre-order the LHR-JFK leg.
Old Apr 29, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC

I went for the lamb...

BA115 London to New York 14:25 (May 14th)

Starters

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartar with wasabi coleslaw
  • Spice roasted cauliflower with Beluga lentils, lime cream and fresh mint leaves
  • Sweet potato and coconut soup
  • Smoked red pepper chickpea salad with sun dried tomatoes and hummus crème fraiche served with lemon olive dressing or yoghurt mint

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Poached Seabass with turned potatoes, seasonal vegetables and grain mustard beurre blanc
  • Braised Welsh lamb shank with roasted potatoes, leek sauce and minted peas
  • Goats cheese cappellacci with grilled Mediterranean vegetables and mushroom panna sauce

Desserts

• Key lime pie new style
  • White chocolate mousse
  • Sticky toffee pudding
  • Strawberry mango salad
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese, Colston basset stilton, Somerset camembert Walnuts served with Peach apricot chutney
Old May 1, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold,Hilton HHonors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
London-Newark Late May 2019
World Traveler Plus

Starter
  • Caprese Salad
Main
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, broccoli and Chasseur sauce
  • Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dhal
  • Rigatoni pasta in a creamy garlic and herb sauce with leek , pumpkin and baby spinach
Dessert
  • Marbled chocolate cheesecake

Both going for the chicken.
Old May 2, 19, 4:54 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Lifetime Gold
LHR-LAX Club World mid May.
I've not seen a trio bread roll on the LAX route before. Could it be moving to Do&Co or just a mistake?

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with capers, watercress and soda bread
  • Kidderton Ash goat's cheese with Spring vegetables and pea puree
  • Pea and mint with coriander crème fraiche
  • Cobb salad served with honey mustard and creamy tarragon dressing

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Seared British fillet of beef with bourbon sauce, hasselback potatoes and spring green
  • Thai red curry with cornfed chicken and jasmine rice
  • Burrata and spinach tortelloni with tomato ragout, roasted salsify and grilled artichokes

Desserts

• Baked chocolate tart
  • Lemon & lime slice
  • Warm mixed nuts & dulce de leche flan with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar, Cenarth Brie, Stilton cheeses served with Apricots, biscuit and Sweet Apple Croxtron Chutney
Old May 9, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver

Upcoming menu for early June to Hong Kong. Particularly interested in the grilled lobster starter and veal main.

BA27 London to Hong Kong 21:45 (First)

Starters

• Melon salad, feta, olives, mint, pistacchios
  • Burrata, fresh figs, rosemary, roasted black olives
  • South Coast grilled lobster with Caesar salad
  • Miso soup, smoked tofu and braised pak choi
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with Honey Mustard Dressing

Main

• British free range spring chicken and pineapple curry, coriander rice
  • Grilled seabass with spicy bean sauce, fragrant Jasmine rice, sautéed vegetables
  • Seared fillet of veal, taleggio polenta, herb jus
  • Handmade mezzaluna, ricotta, King Oyster mushrooms, panna sauce

Desserts

• DO & CO Lemon
  • Warm mini applestrudel, vanilla sauce
  • Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate

• Quicke’s Vintage Cheddar, Stendellion brie, Driftwood ash coated goats cheese, Harrogate blue served with spicy plum chutney, green and blue grapes
orbitmic and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 11, 19, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by cosmo74 View Post
So I tried the lamb dish, no photo I'm afraid, but I liked it. It was a good portion with two large cutlets and a generous portion of the braised neck - too much for me. The freekeh, which is like a cross between giant cous cous and rice was tasty with lots of tomato and some veg and Moroccan/Middle East flavours. There was also a yoghurt/cream cheese element with it as well - hard to describe but it balanced the dish nicely. No surprises that the cutlets were cooked beyond pink, but they were still fairly tender. Overall a pleasant dish.

I had the sea trout mousse starter, it was very tasty but I feel like it should have been served with some sort of cracker or toast. I'd taken some of the soft ciabatta which didn't really go with it so be wise with your bread choice.

can't comment on the dessert as I had the cheese, which was very good.
The most delicious dessert I've ever had:

Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball!

With a side of "The Earl".

BA0289 LHR to PHX, 10 May 2019
Old May 11, 19, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Natural Thomas View Post
The most delicious dessert I've ever had:

Choclate chilli fondant with chocolate sauce and pistachio and almond moisse ball!

With a side of "The Earl".

BA0289 LHR to PHX, 10 May 2019
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum Natural Thomas! Make yourself at home! Thanks for telling us about it, I'll certaintly try it if it is on any of my forthcoming flights!
Old May 11, 19, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie View Post
BA11 London to Singapore Mid May (FIRST)

Starters
  • Oak smoked Gressingham duck with melon, pomegranate and parsley puree
  • Italian burrata with English garden peas, summer truffle and lemon
  • Lobster tortelloni, clam and sweetcorn chowder, tarragon oil
  • Asparagus soup with scorched onions, sourdough croutons
  • Seasonal Salad served with Honey and Mustard dressing
Main
  • Shredded pork with sweet bean sauce, fried pak choi and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut
  • Pan fries Stone bass, grilled fennel, saffron Beurre blanc
  • Crispy spring vegetable gnocchi in a creamy tomato sauce, Thai basil
Desserts
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Slice and Earl Grey Curd
  • Warm Apricot Sponge Pudding
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries
Cheese Plate
  • Cenarth Brie
  • Cave Aged Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Stilton
One my flight from LHR to PHX yesterday I had the Lobster tortelloni, clam and sweetcorn chowder, tarragon oil; the Seared fillet of aged Herefordshire beef with caramelised caper butter and red wine sauce, roast vine tomatoes, wild mushrooms and pine nut; and the Chocolate Hazelnut Slice and Earl Grey Curd. Each was excellent!
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old May 13, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
LGW to Barbados in F in June:

Starters

• Masala Baked Lobster with Celeriac Remoularde
  • Herb Crusted Aberdeen Angus Beef Carpaccio with a Roasted Garlic & Parsley Dressing
  • Baked Shropshire Blue & Spring Onion Souflee with Four Cheese Veloute & Roasted Herbed Walnuts
  • Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup with Croxton Manor Crème Fraiche & Pea Shoots
  • Selection of Fresh Seasonal Salad Leaves with the choice of Honey & Mustard or Spicy Lemon Dressings

Main

• Seared Heritage Black Fillet Steak with Braised Beef Ox Cheek, Port Wine Jus
  • Poached Lemon Sole Fillets filled with a Prawn, Chervil scented Mousse & Dill, Chervil Cucumber Veloute
  • Lemon & Pepper Roasted Suffolk Free Range Chicken with Prosciutto Quail Breast and Port Wine Pancetta Jus
  • Macaroni Cheese with Sauteed Pancetta & Herbed Crumb

Desserts

• Rhubarb & Ginger Timbale
  • Chocolate & Chilli Fondant
  • Vanilla Ice Cream Roche withSelection of Garnishes

Cheese Plate

• Selection of Quality Cheeses - Gillot Camembert, Barbers Sweet Tone Red, Stilton & Blackstone Vintage Cheddar

Sounds like a nice menu, although someone at BA needs to learn how to spell. I'm surprised there's no vegetarian main course option, not that i want one, but the pasta is usually veggie.
Old May 16, 19, 5:07 am

Programs: BA, LH

BA103 London to Calgary Club World, mid June

Looks quite promising. And the trio bread roll appears here too.....

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon, pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella, basil marinated heirloom tomatoes, gazpacho
  • Carrot and coriander soup
  • Fresh Seasonal salad with cucumber, carrot and pumpkin seeds served with your choice of Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, hasselback potatoes, turned carrot and sweet shallot jus
  • Prawn Thai green curry, edamame beans and Jasmine rice
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini, leek cream sauce

Desserts

• Raspberry cremeux
  • Chocolate & Salted Caramel Millie Feuille
  • Warm black cherry frangipane with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red, Somerset Camembert, Fourme D'Ambert cheeses served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish
Old May 16, 19, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Same menu for me on LHR-IAD May 28.

I'm going with the Red Curry Chicken. I'm interested by the Lemon and Lime slice for dessert. Haha
Old May 16, 19, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
BA243 LHR-MEX May 26th, FIRST:

IAMORGAN likes this.
Old May 18, 19, 3:18 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
LHR-LAX in CW, June 2019

Starters
  • Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon, pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Laverstoke Park buffalo mozzarella, basil marinated heirloom tomatoes, gazpacho
  • Carrot and coriander soup
  • Fresh Seasonal salad with cucumber, carrot and pumpkin seeds served with your choice of Damson Dressing or Creamy Ranch Dressing
Bakery
  • Trio bread roll
Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef, hasselback potatoes, turned carrot and sweet shallot jus
  • Prawn Thai green curry, edamame beans and Jasmine rice
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini, leek cream sauce
Desserts
  • Raspberry cremeux
  • Chocolate & Salted Caramel Millie Feuille
  • Warm black cherry frangipane with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red, Somerset Camembert, Fourme D'Ambert cheeses served with pecan nuts, biscuit and fig relish
I don’t fly much CW these days. Does having the salad listed among the starters means that you only get a salad if you can persuade the crew to give you two starters, ie it’s not automatic to get a side salad as before?

[edit - just realised the identical menu has already been posted above for Calgary in June]
Old May 19, 19, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold

BA5 London to Tokyo, June 2019, First

Starters

• Wagyu beef with Goma Dressing, Yellowtail Yuzu Kosho, Salmon Tataki Ceviche Dressing
  • Burrata, fresh figs, rosemary, roasted black olives
  • Grilled South Coast lobster with Caesar salad
  • Caramelised pea soup, deep fried ricotta
  • Seasonal mixed leaf salad served with Honey mustard dressing

Main

• British free range spring chicken and pineapple curry, coriander rice
  • Kombu poached red mullet silken tofu, sesame ponzu sauce
  • Seared fillet of veal, taleggio polenta, herb jus
  • Handmade mezzaluna, ricotta, King Oyster mushrooms, panna sauce

Desserts

• DO & CO Lemon
  • Warm mini applestrudel, vanilla sauce
  • Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate

• Quicke’s Vintage Cheddar, St. Endellion brie, Driftwood ash coated goats cheese, Harrogate blue served with spicy plum chutney, green and blue grapes

Undecided at the moment! Does anyone know what the Do&Co Lemon is?

Last edited by S_W_S; May 19, 19 at 1:55 pm

Search this Thread